Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3/RS Sport Exhaust switch defeat??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 06:26 AM
rfakhri
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
here you go, hot off the press from the garage...

note in the 2nd picture the connector itself, hold it like you would a "flashlight" press "down" (squeeze) with your thumb on the wire connector (it will "depress") and pull off ... done!
I've tried it. Worked well for me. It makes the car feels a bit deferent. It feels more aggressive. I would't leave it on always though. I'll keep it plugged in and will take it off fun time. For that purpose, it is superb and works perfectly well for me.

Thanks again Larry for your help. Made it so easy for me.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,441 Likes on 2,248 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
agree! but the filter is too brand new, needs to be driven more!
Going to switch it for a BMC F1 filter ...
Old 01-09-2011, 06:47 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Can someone explain to me exactly what the sport button does with regards to the exhaust.

On my car, with the sport button off, the valve opens if I exceed around 4k rpm.

If I put the sport button on, it sounds as if the valves are open all the time. Even at idle.

So does unplugging the vacuum line do anything further than what can be accomplished by pushing the sport button?
Old 01-11-2011, 05:52 AM
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by rfakhri
I've tried it. Worked well for me. It makes the car feels a bit deferent. It feels more aggressive. I would't leave it on always though. I'll keep it plugged in and will take it off fun time. For that purpose, it is superb and works perfectly well for me.
We have the "PSE remote" to make it even easier. It disconnects the signal from the DME to the PSE valve and let YOU decide when the exhaust has to be loud and when it needs to be silent. No speed or rpm cut outs and because of the memory function, it stores the last setting. That way you don't have to start pushing buttons every time you start the car.

More info : http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p97084.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1V9lW1CW-4
Old 01-11-2011, 10:44 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Neat product. But the sport button works just fine for me. And even when you don't hit the button, the valves open anyway when you start flogging the car. The car gets loud whether you like it or not
Old 01-11-2011, 12:17 PM
PNUT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just unplugged the vacuum lines at the exhaust flappers and installed a plug, then tied them out of the way. i want the sound all the time. i still use the sport button just in case it does something else, ie, ecu mapping change.

Quick Reply: GT3/RS Sport Exhaust switch defeat??