Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Is this a good lease for a gt3?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Schmidts Cat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So WTF is up with the 50-60% residuals? I know that its what they say, but a 3 yr old GT3 is not worth $50,000!! No f'n way.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:11 PM
95spiderman
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts

my sticker is about 112k. i put 5k down with 1850/month 4 yrs and 12k miles/yr.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:40 PM
007GT3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hate leasing.

the last time i leased a car (on the advice of my CPA) i got so frigging hosed from a cash-out-the-door standpoint (and I'm still on an filing extension so the NPV of any tax gain got hosed a while back too).

then when i wanted to get out of the lease...you would have thought I was trying to finance a bond issue it was so obtuse. If I bought out the lease then I would have to pay sales tax on the entire the buyout price. WTF? I paid sales tax on the car every month I drove it. Not so says California DMV, you only paid sales tax on the part of the lease you used. So after going to X dealers and getting lowballed, the guy in denver with a warehouse full of gt3rs cars bailed me out of the lease and put me in a gt3.

it's a porsche. i want to drive it, flip, mod it, export it, sell it, trade it do whatever because its mine and if you lease it the car it belongs to the bank and if you change your mind they will not change their paper and you may find yourself SOL or severly inconvienenced at the least.

Yes, i know, for some people is great, but from this day on i will only buy p-cars in cash.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:40 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,628 Likes on 2,313 Posts

Originally Posted by 007GT3
i hate leasing.

the last time i leased a car (on the advice of my CPA) i got so frigging hosed from a cash-out-the-door standpoint (and I'm still on an filing extension so the NPV of any tax gain got hosed a while back too).

then when i wanted to get out of the lease...you would have thought I was trying to finance a bond issue it was so obtuse. If I bought out the lease then I would have to pay sales tax on the entire the buyout price. WTF? I paid sales tax on the car every month I drove it. Not so says California DMV, you only paid sales tax on the part of the lease you used. So after going to X dealers and getting lowballed, the guy in denver with a warehouse full of gt3rs cars bailed me out of the lease and put me in a gt3.

it's a porsche. i want to drive it, flip, mod it, export it, sell it, trade it do whatever because its mine and if you lease it the car it belongs to the bank and if you change your mind they will not change their paper and you may find yourself SOL or severly inconvienenced at the least.

Yes, i know, for some people is great, but from this day on i will only buy p-cars in cash.
u are right, especially in CA, if u want to get out of lease early, you are SOL.

there are some exceptions: like if you have an RS, with 200 miles on it. sure you will be ok. but, i would have covered more than 200 miles in the first 1/2 day of my ownership of any car.

Quick Reply: Is this a good lease for a gt3?