Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 10:46 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
LVDell: 11k+ post... hum all that time you should be driving!!!

rog, i met JRG a few times. he's a cool guy, friendly, informative and helpful. i think the internet things does at times rub ppl the wrong way. i also think that the cup car drivers love their cars and are tired of hearing ppl saying the car needs constant rebuild. the real life data (non pro racing) seems to indicate these motors can go about 100 hours and maybe enve more before a rebuild. i haven't heard of any club racers doing rebuild before 100 hours and i know quite a few cup cars.

25 hours is short, that may have been referring to RSR, and even then, it's a bit exaggerated.
Yep, I think I was a little misinformed. I was looking at a cup to get the handling and power of the RS on the track, with the lighter weight. I was also considering the fact that there is no way I could go on the track with a lesser p car than the RS, now that I'm spoiled with it, and a cup might cure the itch. If I did wad a cup, then I wouldn't be as upset as if it were the RS. He also said it was like $20-30K each rebuild as well. Even so, I thought the 4.5 mile comment was an obvious joke.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 07-14-2007, 11:59 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Ok, I'm back online. Just got done painting the nursery! Yeah, that's alot of fun

As for my posts, anybody that knows me knows just how BORING it is at the college. I am on the computer all day when I am not giving a lecture and there is absolutely NOBODY that understands cars in academia. Talk about a lonely existence in the workplace

Anyway, you guys are my "colleagues" since mine at work don't get it

Brian, stay safe my brutha! Look us up when you get back. You deserve a beer (or two, or three, or.......).

Jeff, your emoticon looks like he is going to explode!
Old 07-14-2007, 12:05 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Why don't you shut me up *****? I explored getting a cup and was told by my dealer that they had to be rebuilt every so many hours. I can take being wrong...however, I won't tolerate idiots like you. Get nose to nose to someone before you insult them. You might choose your words more carefully.
You were the 7th post in on what should have been an interesting thread about purchasing a Cup and you took it negative. Without any direct knowledge, you posted as fact that Cup motors required rebuilds every 4.5 miles or hours or whatever. We've gone over this time and time again and it's always the uninformed who spout off what they know nothing about. 100 hours is common on these engines. Ask any Cup owner and that's the point. They're as bullit-proof as any racing motor can be, and are the ideal platform for amataur racing. When you post statements without any idea of what your talking about you risk being told to shut up. You don't realize that sprewing missinformation has negative consequences. Potential buyers/racers become reluctant to buy a Cup because they keep hearing that they're expensive to maintain which is complete and total BS. Let the folks who actually own a Cup, or have campaigned a Cup, speak to their reliability.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
As for my posts, anybody that knows me knows just how BORING it is at the college. I am on the computer all day when I am not giving a lecture and there is absolutely NOBODY that understands cars in academia. Talk about a lonely existence in the workplace
Hmmmm a lot of the local PCA guys store their cars and trailers at my place of business so we have a steady supply of participants who like to talk cars. Plus, we see all kinds of interesting equipment.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:23 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Why can't I have a workplace like that Chris? Actually I did. When I did private sector consulting I did have those car nuts to chat with. But no.....I just had to go back to academia. Damn! Why do I have to love my job so much
Old 07-14-2007, 12:35 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
. Let the folks who actually own a Cup, or have campaigned a Cup, speak to their reliability.

As quoted....quite bullet-proof, and the fun factor outweighs the cost factor exponentially ..there is NOTHING like banging through a sequential gear box flat out up the esses at the Glen without lifting
Old 07-14-2007, 01:42 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

You were the 7th post in on what should have been an interesting thread about purchasing a Cup and you took it negative. Without any direct knowledge, you posted as fact that Cup motors required rebuilds every 4.5 miles or hours or whatever. We've gone over this time and time again and it's always the uninformed who spout off what they know nothing about. 100 hours is common on these engines. Ask any Cup owner and that's the point. They're as bullit-proof as any racing motor can be, and are the ideal platform for amataur racing. When you post statements without any idea of what your talking about you risk being told to shut up. You don't realize that sprewing missinformation has negative consequences. Potential buyers/racers become reluctant to buy a Cup because they keep hearing that they're expensive to maintain which is complete and total BS. Let the folks who actually own a Cup, or have campaigned a Cup, speak to their reliability.
When you tell someone to shut up, you run the risk of being ground into a fine powder. The education is welcome, the insults aren't. Next time, use a little "tact" and you'll get your point across much better. As before, the 4.5 miles was mean't to be a joke. Lastly, I doubt seriously that there are cup cars just waiting to be purchased, but just don't have a home because of rumors that the engines will have to be rebuilt. Enjoy your cup and be the resident expert on its reliability. Us poor RS owners will just sit back and watch as Thurston Howell III educates us on fine points of cup car ownership and we'll make sure we don't comment since we don't own one.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
When you tell someone to shut up, you run the risk of being ground into a fine powder. The education is welcome, the insults aren't. Next time, use a little "tact" and you'll get your point across much better. As before, the 4.5 miles was mean't to be a joke. Lastly, I doubt seriously that there are cup cars just waiting to be purchased, but just don't have a home because of rumors that the engines will have to be rebuilt. Enjoy your cup and be the resident expert on its reliability. Us poor RS owners will just sit back and watch as Thurston Howell III educates us on fine points of cup car ownership and we'll make sure we don't comment since we don't own one.

This should be entertaining.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:12 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

this post in spot no. 12 might have had made a big difference.
i'm an extremely long way from perfect, but in my 2k plus posts i've never even considered telling another poster to shut up, much less stfu.
you post about misinformation, but you didnt bother to correct the misinformation that you pointed out until this post which came after someone else had already supplied the info.
if i was a mod i would temporarily ban a poster telling another poster to stfu.
but that's probably only because i am so far from perfect myself.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:37 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by icon
this post in spot no. 12 might have had made a big difference.
i'm an extremely long way from perfect, but in my 2k plus posts i've never even considered telling another poster to shut up, much less stfu.
you post about misinformation, but you didnt bother to correct the misinformation that you pointed out until this post which came after someone else had already supplied the info.
if i was a mod i would temporarily ban a poster telling another poster to stfu.
but that's probably only because i am so far from perfect myself.
Good point. There is absolutely no reason why we can't respect each other and enjoy this site. I would never tell anyone to shut up on this site or otherwise. Guess that's why it hacked me off. Just for the record, I really do appreciate everyone that sincerely tries to help educate, whether I've had 2 years or 20 years experience with p cars. It's also a lot of fun, most of the time.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:36 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

"Ginger, would you like to see my cup trophies?"....
Old 07-14-2007, 05:11 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

"Ginger, would you like to see my cup trophies?"....
Ok super cup guy, you win. I won't respond any further. Just keep going through life telling people to shut up all you want. God bless you.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:08 PM
brianbento
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy this is getting better, F^$k this war stuff................lol
Old 07-14-2007, 07:18 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Grab some popcorn Brian and watch the children playing in the sandbox.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:26 PM
brianbento
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dell, PM me your phone number, i have some time right now

Quick Reply: Cup Car