Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Cup Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 10:42 PM
gerkebi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don Bell at Bell Micro had a 997 Cup car for sale a few weeks back.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:20 AM
racing97
Banned

Farbacher, Kelly Moss, TRG,( Assco) and see what they have.

correct spelling is Aasco they won the championship last year

regards
Old 07-12-2007, 04:53 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

i am going to sell my " BECKER" 996 cup .. its not a 997 but it is a fantastic well maintained cup
Old 07-13-2007, 11:23 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Really?.. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about so please just STFU....
Why don't you shut me up *****? I explored getting a cup and was told by my dealer that they had to be rebuilt every so many hours. I can take being wrong...however, I won't tolerate idiots like you. Get nose to nose to someone before you insult them. You might choose your words more carefully.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 07-13-2007, 11:40 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Why don't you shut me up *****? I explored getting a cup and was told by my dealer that they had to be rebuilt every so many hours. I can take being wrong...however, I won't tolerate idiots like you. Get nose to nose to someone before you insult them. You might choose your words more carefully.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:52 AM
brianbento
Instructor

Im right there with you Chris, got any butter?
Old 07-14-2007, 08:30 AM
RMN22AJR
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in
Old 07-14-2007, 08:51 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Rog, unless that was a typo, then you couldn't be further from speaking the truth. 4.5 miles? The rebuilds are measured in hours as an approximate guideline. I agree though, Gordon was a bit out of line. Everybody kiss and make up so we can get back to the task at hand.......TALKING ABOUT CARS!!!!

NOW SOMEBODY PASS THE POPCORN AND A DRINK!
Old 07-14-2007, 09:22 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Rog, unless that was a typo, then you couldn't be further from speaking the truth. 4.5 miles? The rebuilds are measured in hours as an approximate guideline. I agree though, Gordon was a bit out of line. Everybody kiss and make up so we can get back to the task at hand.......TALKING ABOUT CARS!!!!

NOW SOMEBODY PASS THE POPCORN AND A DRINK!
Of course, the 4.5 miles was a joke. However, I was told that usually you have to rebuild cup cars every couple of races (I think he said every 25 hours). It that's incorrect, no big deal. It's not not the first time I've been given incorrect info. As for "JR ImcoolwhenIdropfbombs", he needs to realize we are all here for entertainment and learning a little something about the cars we've grown to love. That's why I'm here and most people I've encountered have been super nice and informative (mooty, old guy and possible yourself). It's really easy to insult people whom we don't know and we hope we'll never see. But, we do live in a small world and if we acted toward each other as if we meet each other tomorrow, we would probably see comments that were a little more pleasant. I'm like an elephant when it comes to remembering cars and names of people that confront me for no reason and 99% of the time I let it go without a thought. Thanks for being the "cooler".
Old 07-14-2007, 10:00 AM
brianbento
Instructor

LVDell.......... 11,197 posts............... WWWWWOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW. What have you been doing this whole time, living in Rennlist??????? lol.......... When i get back in about 3.5 weeks, Matt you and I need to get together. I still have my 04/GT3 still for sale at the dealership, have dropped it to a steal price, hopefully she will sell before my baby comes in just about 4 weeks. What do you have at this time, Porsche wise? I am getting so antsy for my baby!!!!!! take care and i will see you soon.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:12 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

LVDell: 11k+ post... hum all that time you should be driving!!!

rog, i met JRG a few times. he's a cool guy, friendly, informative and helpful. i think the internet things does at times rub ppl the wrong way. i also think that the cup car drivers love their cars and are tired of hearing ppl saying the car needs constant rebuild. the real life data (non pro racing) seems to indicate these motors can go about 100 hours and maybe enve more before a rebuild. i haven't heard of any club racers doing rebuild before 100 hours and i know quite a few cup cars.

25 hours is short, that may have been referring to RSR, and even then, it's a bit exaggerated.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:16 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

dell has way to much time on hands! but that will change in a few months!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2007, 10:19 AM
brianbento
Instructor

Matt, were doing a welcome back party at my house on the 11th of next month. Hall and wife will be there, Frank, and a couple others. We will meet at my place for a while, pre cocktail drinks and then down town for a while. You need to be there as well!!! Whats up with your new pad, anything yet?
Old 07-14-2007, 10:32 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

i think i can be there! looking at a house at smith mountian lake just bought a boat so ma stay where i am for a year

dude you must be going nuts waiting for car... if it comes in early i will pick up and " properly break it in" for you ...lol just here for the srvice of others!
Old 07-14-2007, 10:37 AM
brianbento
Instructor

Thank god to take care of me!!!!!! lol..... Charlie told me it will ship on the 26th. Expected arrival in Brunswick on the 8th. A week later at the dealership. I am hoping it will get to Brunswick early, around the 5th or 6th and make it to the dealership by the 10th or 11th. That would be great, and i cant wait, i keep looking over my option list, and keep dreaming....... I loaded her up with some good stuff!!!!!!! I have already done everything with Harry on the $$$$ side, so it will be just roll in and grab the keys. I ordered the K40, and am also thinking to order the screens for the front lower bumper, it looks pretty sick with those screens on!!!! I also bought the IPOD box for the front, so i can intergrate my IPOD into the nav display.

Quick Reply: Cup Car