Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

RS Jack Points?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 10:57 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RS Jack Points?

Silly question perhaps but can someone guide me as to where under the car (RS) are the jack points?

In the 996 there are arrow markings on the side guards indicating the points. Under the RS there's nothing as it's all covered.

Thanks.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:45 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

They should be where they were on my 997 GT3 they are where they were on the 996 and 993
BUT WARNING they are alot smaller seems like. I took off all my wheels to inspect everything after I got it and change center caps and I said SHeesh thats alot smaller than the last car and sure enough it slipped off my racing jack and crinkled my lower rocker panel- 3hours and $150 later to remove - I will be very cautious from now on- I dont like the new jack spots they seem whimpy- I was one pump from putting the jackstand under the front wheel jack point lifting from the rear jack point on the left side. I didnt have it centered perfect and I paid for it.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:48 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,671 Likes on 2,333 Posts

they are at same general location as old GT3.
you got to glue your nose to the ground and look up to find them, recessed into the plastic belley. use a super low profile jack and a piece of wood or hocky puck b/n jack and lift point.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Andrew D.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there a particular low profile jack that you'd recommend?
Old 06-15-2007, 08:30 PM
LERA GT2
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have not bought one, but I thought this and other discussions (within this) can help!

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ighlight=jacks
Old 06-16-2007, 12:41 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,671 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrew D.
Is there a particular low profile jack that you'd recommend?

http://www.ultimategarage.com/shop/a...def7ff&x=0&y=0

no affiliation of course
i have the jack stands, the long and the short tongue jacks as well. they are to be used in the garage, not track jacks, they are VERY VERY heavy if you try to lift them.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
They should be where they were on my 997 GT3 they are where they were on the 996 and 993
BUT WARNING they are alot smaller seems like. I took off all my wheels to inspect everything after I got it and change center caps and I said SHeesh thats alot smaller than the last car and sure enough it slipped off my racing jack and crinkled my lower rocker panel- 3hours and $150 later to remove - I will be very cautious from now on- I dont like the new jack spots they seem whimpy- I was one pump from putting the jackstand under the front wheel jack point lifting from the rear jack point on the left side. I didnt have it centered perfect and I paid for it.
Get one of these (first photo) -- works great. Fits in the car's jack port and provides a great platform for the jack's pad/saddle.

AC jack shown in the second photo is also great, as long as you don't want to transport it to the track (too heavy) . For mobile use -- get a lightweight jack from Harbor Freight and Tool.
Attached Images   
Old 06-16-2007, 03:55 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks Jack I and my wallet appreciate it!

Quick Reply: RS Jack Points?