Post track spin food for thought- edited by me

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 06:13 PM
CT03911
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post track spin food for thought- edited by me

Meant to post to the 996 GT3 board. Here's the link if interested

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-gt3-forum/356182-post-track-spin-food-for-thought.html
Old 06-01-2007, 07:04 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Excellent write-up and thank you for sharing with us. Cheers!
Old 06-01-2007, 10:16 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It has to be asked....did you lift ?....even a little bit??..your new suspension will not be as compliant as it was with a little lifting while curb surfing and unless you are doing this on purpose to help rotate the car; you are going for a spin every time with the setup you have now....if you're gonna use the curbs; do it with intention and anticipation. Maintain that right foot or it gets ugly quick.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:03 PM
CT03911
Banned

Leif, don't mind the question at all regarding lifting. I know I was feeding on throttle when I approached the apex and as I was on it. That was when the back end came around. It came around at a rate I had never seen before. This car had poked the rear out quickly many times in the 12 track sessions previous with it (Lime Rock and Watkins Glen) in the stock configuration. I always felt I could correct appropriately (this is not to say I was happy about the tendancy hence the mods).

This time was different, new suspension, cold tires, curb, late correction, all the above? Don't know now without a doubt, I felt it was just going around, it was a done deal. Your point is VERY well taken and I can not say that I did not lift after the rotation began. That is to say, it is possible I lifted after seeing way more rotation than ever before and then being in a position were you look straight at the wall this lift certainly occured at some point.

I know what you are saying, if I lifted early I helped the rotation. Why it rotated like it did even initially has been the focus of my mental replays but now I am also trying to decipher if your point is why it kept rotating. Wish I knew but I will keep this in mind for sure. Thanks. You made me really think hard, it just happened so fast I can not be sure now.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:13 PM
krC2S
Racer

not sure of the exact scenario but turn 11 at NHIS the grip changes just past the apex so you need to unwind the wheel even in low hp cars where it's usually not necessary in other corners

Quick Reply: Post track spin food for thought- edited by me