Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Turn a 997C2s into a GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 12:24 PM
95spiderman
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts

to me people are missing this guy's points:

1. use his c2s to learn track driving b/c its similar to the rs he wants to eventually use

2. it has stability control to help keep him out of trouble for now

3. wants mods for c2s to make it better on track than stock (not match the rs)

beyond safety, i recommend brake pads/fluid, track rims/r compound tires, and springs. forget aero and motor. this will not cost much and give him what he wants. by time you will want coil overs, etc youll be ready to use the rs. enjoy!
Old 06-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Schmidts Cat
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1
Old 06-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by 95spiderman

1. use his c2s to learn track driving b/c its similar to the rs he wants to eventually use

beyond safety, i recommend brake pads/fluid, track rims/r compound tires, and springs. forget aero and motor. this will not cost much and give him what he wants. by time you will want coil overs, etc youll be ready to use the rs. enjoy!
Spot on!
There are mods that I need(suspension, tires, roll bar) and there are mods that I want for a bit of bling(aero bits).
I wish I could say that I need to do this ASAP but the sad truth is that I may be stuck on coumadin for a few more months. My doc has grounded me. About the only thing I can do at present is autox so I have plenty of time to fix her up.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:19 PM
doc2s
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
if u aren't running with other SM, it gets boring quick, as just everyone outguns you on the straights and wont wave you by, even if you are faster.
makes me work harder and makes it more interesting.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:20 PM
krC2S
Racer

nothing, i had one.
but as you know, if u aren't running with other SM, it gets boring quick, as just everyone outguns you on the straights and wont wave you by, even if you are faster. when you get to play with other SM, then we are cooking.
mooty i was kidding i know you had one..running with non-SM's specially faster cars is the most fun part IMO..
Old 06-02-2007, 06:58 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,813 Likes on 2,382 Posts

Originally Posted by krC2S
mooty i was kidding i know you had one..running with non-SM's specially faster cars is the most fun part IMO..
well, yes and no.
when i can't overtake the TT on straights, i want to stick my foot out and propel the car along like fred flintstone.

when i get to the corners, my 15k SM scares the s**t out of ferrari's when i get to the inside of his door

but i really try not to scare too many ppl like that LOL. i only punt off friends
Old 06-02-2007, 07:02 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 95spiderman

i understand his point, b/c that's what i did when i started, i had C2 and 996gt3, modded C2 to learn so i can eventually drive GT3. it works in theory, but you can learn so much quicker and better if you just buy a SM, a e36m3 or a louts. they are all cheaper, low hp, more grip then hp so you can learn how to corner. i mean anyone knows how to go fast on the straight. just stump your right foot. but to corner at speed is tough to learn. you need to get used to the "sensation" of driving toward death before you realize that it's not really death you are driving toward. so imo, you will feel more confident in SM, m3 or lotus. once one gets used to the cornering speed, then go to c2 or gt3. sure, rear engine is different, but once you have the basics down, you will adapt to rear engine quickly.

of course, that's just one person's opinion.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:06 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by doc2s
makes me work harder and makes it more interesting.
i agree, and i did that in e36m3 and now in exige N/A. but you have to work like hell, disengage your brakes completely and swear every F word you know going down the straights when 800hp turbo blow by you like you haven't turned on the ignition and come to a standstill when they turn. for a while, all the foul words coming out of my mounth while i blow my nose, wipe my a**, and call my wife as my SM motors slowly from the straight to the braking marker was kind of fun, indeed
Old 06-02-2007, 07:59 PM
doc2s
Burning Brakes

i agree, and i did that in e36m3 and now in exige N/A. but you have to work like hell, disengage your brakes completely and swear every F word you know going down the straights when 800hp turbo blow by you like you haven't turned on the ignition and come to a standstill when they turn. for a while, all the foul words coming out of my mounth while i blow my nose, wipe my a**, and call my wife as my SM motors slowly from the straight to the braking marker was kind of fun, indeed
LOL but i see that as stronger motivation to stay off the brakes.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:00 PM
krC2S
Racer

too much frustration there mooty..glad it's over

Quick Reply: Turn a 997C2s into a GT3?