Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 11:59 PM
Jim Bacus
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric Ondoy
Trj,
Jim,
I will see you on mon.-laps and I tracked the TT and RS already with the motons!!
Both cars are "dialed in"!!!
Excellent! I plan on bringing the Z06 out for Laps on Monday instead of the GT3 because I want to test out all the mods I have done to that car, but I can't wait to see your RS on the track. My video camera will be mounted. I'd enjoy talking to you about the motons and other mods you have done to the RS as well. Did you ever track it before you upgraded the suspension?

Old 05-27-2007, 12:44 AM
Racerron
Racer

Trj,
Fall-line motorsports did them on both cars-search fall-line motorsports.com-they are in northbrook,illinois-they installed the motons followed by a track alignment and corner balancing etc... etc...

Jim,
I will see you on mon.-laps and I tracked the TT and RS already with the motons!!
Both cars are "dialed in"!!!

frayed,
I don't know what the spring rates are, since I had them professionally installed. There are 5 adjustments on the nitrogen cannisters and both cars were lowered by about one inch and a quarter. The ride feels good-not too bouncy-On the track, with a lot more contact patch-both cars are on rails and the cars are point and shoot!!!
How about some pics of the RS with Motons installed.
I'd be very interested in where the gas canisters were mounted and if hole had to be drilled.

I saw one install with both canisters mounted on a custom carbon cover in place of the gas tank cover in the trunk. Very trick!
Attached Images  

Last edited by Racerron; 05-27-2007 at 01:09 AM.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:03 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 599 Posts

Eric,

how is the street ride on the TT with the Motons? How did you deal with PASM?

Thanks
Old 05-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Eric Ondoy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Racerron,
The 2 cannisters in the front are mounted above the gas tank on the left and right of the battery. The 2 rear cannisters are on the left and right vertical bar on the roll bar-for easy access and it also looks really cool!!!

I don't have a camera, but if Jim Bacus could so graciously take the pictures and post it on this thread for you guys, I would be more than willing.

I do want to let you guys know that if the motons are put on, my sports shop had to take the car to the dealer to do a 2-minute programming of the motons on the porsche computer.

eclou,

The ride on the TT with the motons drives almost exactly like the RS's stock suspension-it is firm but not rough. But the primary concern is running over of curbs etc.
The ride height is 1 inch and a quarter lower-and the car looks slammed!!
We thought the car looks to pimpy, but we now think the TT looks downright SICK!!!
Again, I will see Jim Bacus on Mon. at the track, so I will hit him up for some pictures so he can post it on the thread.
The PSM is unaffected

Godspeed!!!

Jim,
I will hook up with you tomorrow!!

Bring your camera for our fellow rennlisters!!!
Old 05-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Jim Bacus
Racer

I will have my still and video camera, and it looks like the rain is finally going to move through today!
Old 05-27-2007, 11:27 AM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jim Bacus
I will have my still and video camera, and it looks like the rain is finally going to move through today!
I plan to have my video camera tomorrow as well....and I hope the rain does finally get out of here!!
Old 05-27-2007, 11:42 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

I do want to let you guys know that if the motons are put on, my sports shop had to take the car to the dealer to do a 2-minute programming of the motons on the porsche computer.
we need some specifics. what's the steps/algorithm used on the PIWIS computer?

was it similar to AWE's write up?
Old 05-27-2007, 11:52 AM
Eric Ondoy
Advanced

Mooty,
Since the Fall-line motorsports did it for me, I don't have the specifics. They said that this is only the 2nd 997 TT they knew of, that had the motons put on. So I was the guinea pig!!
Feel free to e-mail or call them @fall-line motorsports.com. or call the service dept. @ porsche exchange in highland, park.illinois. and ask in ref. to the Black RS or yellow TT with motons-just recently done!!!
Old 05-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Eric Ondoy
Advanced

Jim,
I did track the RS before the motons-the car was fine.
I(or should I say my brother) will be tracking the RS for the first time with the motons tomorrow-so you guys will get the first feedback in person!!

See Ya!!!
Old 05-27-2007, 12:26 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Jim,
I did track the RS before the motons-the car was fine.
I(or should I say my brother) will be tracking the RS for the first time with the motons tomorrow-so you guys will get the first feedback in person!!

See Ya!!!
Hey Eric,

Try and cut down on the rude gestures out the window tomorrow, o.k.?
Old 05-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Eric Ondoy
Advanced

Collin,
Are you still trying to put that on me??!!!
It's on for tomorrow!!!

Hey,
Midwest Eurosport put some GT2 cooling ducts on the turbo and the RS-It cools the brakes, extends the life of the pads, and it does some other thing-I can't think of the third reason-ask my bro tomorrow!!
Old 05-27-2007, 12:58 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Collin,
Are you still trying to put that on me??!!!
It's on for tomorrow!!!

Hey,
Midwest Eurosport put some GT2 cooling ducts on the turbo and the RS-It cools the brakes, extends the life of the pads, and it does some other thing-I can't think of the third reason-ask my bro tomorrow!!
Sounds like more money to spend!!

Alright, tomorrow...bring it on!!
Old 05-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Mooty,
Since the Fall-line motorsports did it for me, I don't have the specifics. They said that this is only the 2nd 997 TT they knew of, that had the motons put on. So I was the guinea pig!!
Feel free to e-mail or call them @fall-line motorsports.com. or call the service dept. @ porsche exchange in highland, park.illinois. and ask in ref. to the Black RS or yellow TT with motons-just recently done!!!
Eric, we were the first. They called me up for advice. That's great that you are enjoying them. Our car is dramatically better than OEM.

I'm curious to find out what Fall Line did for the front swaybar tab. As far as I know, we are the only company that has made them...

Have a great week!

-Mike
Old 05-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Eric Ondoy
Advanced

Thanks Mike for helping fall-line!!
I don't know what they did for the front swaybar tab. Maybe I will give them a buzz.
The car was running great yesterday!!
What is the significance of the front swaybar tab?
What does this part do?
Maybe i'll just give you a buzz too!!
Thanks again!!!
Old 05-29-2007, 04:24 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Thanks Mike for helping fall-line!!
I don't know what they did for the front swaybar tab. Maybe I will give them a buzz.
The car was running great yesterday!!
What is the significance of the front swaybar tab?
What does this part do?
Maybe i'll just give you a buzz too!!
Thanks again!!!
Maybe it'll keep you from getting that twice-around, panormic view of the entire track next time out!!

Quick Reply: Motons on GT3