Oil leak on my 997 gt3

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by crispenigl
BTW, I am still getting black 'splatter' on the back/lower rear bumper of my SY gt3, just less of it and the spots are smaller and finer.

Ill take a picture later and post it.

After the car is completely clean, if I go for a 30 minute drive, the black stuff will be back on the back bumper.

Is this normal?
Not normal.

If the car is clean (and dry) then I can drive it without anything more than the almost imperceptible build up of exhaust material (a black film that deposits all over the rear of the car from the rear window down) which is almost zero after an hour driving and is still negligible after several trips.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:33 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crispenigl
BTW, I am still getting black 'splatter' on the back/lower rear bumper of my SY gt3, just less of it and the spots are smaller and finer.

Ill take a picture later and post it.

After the car is completely clean, if I go for a 30 minute drive, the black stuff will be back on the back bumper.

Is this normal?
Dude! You need to get the car back to the dealer - point out the oil splatter (and the stink), and get them to look at it.

Something on your car is leaking oil, and that's not a good thing

On the topic of RMS - good read here:

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...e=post&id=3223
Old 05-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

If they finally fixed the oil leakage then you need to get them to steam clean the aft part of the car and then go for a drive. It had better be clean from now on. Otherwise, they didn't solve your problem. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Oil leak on my 997 gt3