Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

What if there's an '08 RS ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rexav8r
allegretto: go-away, your wasting bandwidth AND gravity (better ??)
-there's nothing I've said that I wouldn't say to your face.
-you're the one that's been doing the name calling...
-find a new thread.

FWIW: I've been given the opportunity to order an '08 RS that wouldn't otherwise have been available over here. (IF they decide to make an '08) I'm not in the market for an RS however and don't want to get stuck with the $2K monthly pmt. I do however want a 997 GT3 (996 would be good too, but I like the 997) if I could get it into my price range. Given the opportunity, European delivery would be pretty much expected but not required. I'm over there all the time. I would find it tough to pass on picking it up at the factory, drive it up to the Nurburgring and take it for a few laps. Not thrashing laps, just for fun. (And yes Algae, I've driven there quite a few times before... no competitive stuff, just playing around with friends..) The mileage question comes from that. Would it hurt resale in the states if I took it for a couple of parade laps on the Ring before dropping it back off with PAG to ship back here...

I need to commit soon to a firm order though to get the allocation slot. I was trying to see if there might be someone trying to get one of these that can't find a line to stand in or get a slot, that might have a 997 GT3 they'd want to work some kind of swap or something...

I'm friends with a couple of sales managers at different P-stores in the area. I wasn't sure if an individual would be more interested in a deal like this than a Dealer. One guy knows about the opportunity, but I didn't talk to him about wanting it for them, though he said he's received calls from around the country asking for availability. He did say, even if I put 600 miles or so on it, he didn't see ANY way I could really lose money if I got it and brought it back. I'm not looking to make money off of it, I want to SPEND money on a 997 GT3 if I can get one in my price range.

All right, that's all the little fish has for now...

Thanks for those replies with meaningful input ! (Of course, I'm expecting more flaming from, well you know...)
I'm willing to do that deal. I'd trade my 997GT3 for an RS. PM me if interested.

Quick Reply: What if there's an '08 RS ???