Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997 GT3 Premier Party NYC

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 02:11 PM
GeoT3
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ray Minella
I was told last year at the NY Auto Show that kids trashed some of the Porsches that were displayed. It would appear that PCNA didn't want it to happen again to one of their more "in demand" models.
As far as the "private showing", it is exactly what Aston Martin did to introduce the Vanquish a few years back.

Ray
'07 RS
I do remember seeing a ton of people fighting to climbing in and out of the P-cars. kind of made me cringe. This year I saw the same at the BMW display with their M 5, M 6 and 750. Also saw a little girl with some kind of wrist bracelet running towards a car and all I heard after that was the klunk from the bracelet to the car door... what are people thinking...

I don't blame any car maker wanting to protect their property. But, then again, its a write off for them... still, people should mind their Ps and Qs.

George
Old 04-10-2007, 03:58 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray Minella
I was told last year at the NY Auto Show that kids trashed some of the Porsches that were displayed. It would appear that PCNA didn't want it to happen again to one of their more "in demand" models.
As far as the "private showing", it is exactly what Aston Martin did to introduce the Vanquish a few years back.

Ray
'07 RS

You mean to tell me a car company like Porsche can't put one or two of their premier models up on a platform or stage of some sort?? This way the public can't touch the car, but can at least see it. Mercedes AMG had a CL65 40th Anniversary model that cost more than any 2007 production Porsche up on a stage. Yes I could not sit in it, but at least I can see it!!!!
Porsche booth was joke period. I mean not even a 997 Turbo?? What there aren't enough millionaires in Manhattan to justify showing one?????
Old 04-10-2007, 04:31 PM
tocho1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call me crazy but dont think Manhattan millonaires go to the auto show to check out if they like the new Turbo or not...That said, in all the years I've been to the NY Auto SHow, the Porsche stand always dissapointed....

If you are a real car enthusiast, the whole auto show sucks anyway...I keep going with a few friends as an excuse for drinking beer I think...

On the other hand, I do not get why they did not have a GT3s and a Turbo at the private event...
Old 04-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Geronimo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at the NY show tonight. The P-car on the tilted turntable was a C4 Targa. There was one C2S and a bunch of Boxters, Caymans and Cayennes.

Lamborghini had two Murcielago LP640s, Ferarri had a 430 Spider, a 599 Fiorano and a 612 Scaglietti. Aston had a V8 Vantage and a DB9. All of these were roped or walled off from the poking public.

Not a great showing for Porsche. No one there "selling" the cars either. Maybe next year.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:34 AM
95spiderman
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts

went to the rs preview sat then the show. preview was nice with food/drinks but needed more than 3 cars. and no excuse for such a poor display at actual show. need to put best p face foward regardless 'risk damage' to cars. who cares. thats cost of doing business. nice to finally see lambo though.

Quick Reply: 997 GT3 Premier Party NYC