997 GT3 Premier Party NYC

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 07:27 PM
BG
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tso GT3
Rodneyr,
Base on my dealer, they said it's an invitational party only. I think they have mentioned 10th Ave and 35 the street (pretty close to the Jacob Javits center). They signed me up and I should be getting the invitation in the mail sometime this week. Anyone going there with a GT3?
Have fun.
Went to the car show at Javits last night for dealers only and I must say the Porsche booth sucked. No Turbo's, no GT3's, just a couple of Cayenne's, a Boxster, a 911 C2 Cab. and a coupe. I guess they figure the cars just get trashed there and it's lookers not buyers. $50 to park and nothing I can't see at the local dealer. I must say it's nice going to the show when it just dealers there.
The Ferrari 599 looked amazing though.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:27 AM
volpenyc
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tocho1
There wasnt anything in particular but he never really denied it. He knew by the time i asked him about this that i have one on order and sort of of said that while its nice to think these cars will not be made again after u have one, they see very strong demand for it...Again, it was just my impression and nothing more so take it for what is worth...
That's also the impression I got. I asked him when we would know if they would make 08 RS's and volunteered by September, he said that we would know earlier than that, and just "be patient".

I have to admit, I wasn't sure about the green color, but it does look amazing in person...
Old 04-07-2007, 12:53 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know, the green initially had little appeal in the absract. But I have to admit, it is definitely growing on me, a lot.

I'm personally beginning to wonder if we won't see 4-500 RS's by next spring. I'm not sure Porsche can help themselves.

I'll give credit to the guy I spoke to as well as the one you spoke to. They're Man enough not to lie, or carry on the party line.

all you guys who decided that you'd settle for a "plain" GT-3. FUGGETABBOUTTIT!!!!

Too many confirmations now. Go on in and get on the '08 list.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:31 AM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts

The green car looked good.
Attached Images  
Old 04-07-2007, 10:00 AM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
I know, the green initially had little appeal in the absract. But I have to admit, it is definitely growing on me, a lot.

I'm personally beginning to wonder if we won't see 4-500 RS's by next spring. I'm not sure Porsche can help themselves.

I'll give credit to the guy I spoke to as well as the one you spoke to. They're Man enough not to lie, or carry on the party line.

all you guys who decided that you'd settle for a "plain" GT-3. FUGGETABBOUTTIT!!!!

Too many confirmations now. Go on in and get on the '08 list.

I tend to disagree...IMO, the self imposed limitation of the RS has been driving the sales of the "available" base GT3 and to now announce the further allocations of RS's would serve to diminish the currently hot sales of the base GT3....I think there is more "juice to be sqeezed" from this current approach and as there are still demands for the base car; I don't see it changing anytime soon.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by leif997
I tend to disagree...IMO, the self imposed limitation of the RS has been driving the sales of the "available" base GT3 and to now announce the further allocations of RS's would serve to diminish the currently hot sales of the base GT3....I think there is more "juice to be sqeezed" from this current approach and as there are still demands for the base car; I don't see it changing anytime soon.
Although I think Porsche will make an 08 RS, I agree with this statement. Originally I decided to sell my 04 GT3 for a new GT3, for which I placed a deposit. I soon decided I really wanted the RS. So I transferred my deposit for an 08 RS if they make one. However, even if I do get an allocation, I am having a hard time justifying the $50K difference for the 'upgrade'.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:38 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

I think I was unclear. All I meant was that there will be more RS's and more fellas like Jon70. And that is Porsche's dilemma. GT-3 demand is good for now. But no matter, we're hard-core. the average P-car guy does not want a GT-3 in either iteration.

Porsche sees big demand for RS and says, "ya, dis ist sehr gut" and decides to build more. Suddenly the guys who "settled" for a standard (isn't that a laugh) GT-3 now do as he did. So they "have to" make more RS's, but it definately will cannabilize their GT-3 business, so they better be careful...

So, I think we all agree. But they will do it.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
I think I was unclear. All I meant was that there will be more RS's and more fellas like Jon70. And that is Porsche's dilemma. GT-3 demand is good for now. But no matter, we're hard-core. the average P-car guy does not want a GT-3 in either iteration.

Porsche sees big demand for RS and says, "ya, dis ist sehr gut" and decides to build more. Suddenly the guys who "settled" for a standard (isn't that a laugh) GT-3 now do as he did. So they "have to" make more RS's, but it definately will cannabilize their GT-3 business, so they better be careful...

So, I think we all agree. But they will do it.
Also, Porsche almost certainly makes more money on each GT3 RS sold versus the 'standard' GT3. I am sure it does not cost Porsche anywhere near the $17K extra to produce an RS vs a GT3. So increasing the RS production at the expense of GT3 production will likely generate more money for Porsche at the expense of RS resale for their customers.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:34 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Went to the NYC auto show yesterday. Porsche booth was a joke. There was NO GT3, NO GT3RS, and NO Turbo!!!!!! This is the 2007 NYC Auto Show. What is Porsche thinking?????
Old 04-07-2007, 04:00 PM
tocho1
Instructor

The P-guy I talked to said they wanted to make their event more exclusive, hence the "private" event and the reason they did not have the RS on display at the JJ-center...
Old 04-07-2007, 04:22 PM
BG
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The P-guy I talked to said they wanted to make their event more exclusive, hence the "private" event and the reason they did not have the RS on display at the JJ-center...

Translated that means they didn't want the GT3 trashed, they should have had it there but roped off like the other high end cars.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:32 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

OK thats understandable, BUT what about the standard GT3 or the 997 Turbo????? The Porsche booth was a joke and embarrassment at J.J.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:11 AM
GeoT3
Rennlist Member

+1. Porsche had the C4 on the turn table. They has a CGT there last year.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Carrera2kid
Instructor

Default NY Auto Show

Originally Posted by MHC2S
OK thats understandable, BUT what about the standard GT3 or the 997 Turbo????? The Porsche booth was a joke and embarrassment at J.J.

I was told last year at the NY Auto Show that kids trashed some of the Porsches that were displayed. It would appear that PCNA didn't want it to happen again to one of their more "in demand" models.
As far as the "private showing", it is exactly what Aston Martin did to introduce the Vanquish a few years back.

Ray
'07 RS
Old 04-10-2007, 12:45 PM
volpenyc
Pro

As long as I'm invited, I like this approach.

Quick Reply: 997 GT3 Premier Party NYC