Mid Night Blue GT3 - DR

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 08:33 PM
LERA GT2
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mid Night Blue GT3 - DR

Hello!

Not much of a writer, but I can say that I have enjoyed and learned a lot about you guys that I felt the urge to share my NEW experience.

Yesterday, late afternoon, after a week of waiting for my new mid night blue GT3, the car arrived.

Many of your experiences, especially issues with PCNA, your dealer and local Customs are a bit different in the Dominican Republic.

The first thing is that while in customs, the car is more or less out of control of the P dealer and might be not “cared for" (scratches, vandalizing, etc.). I was lucky, the center wheel caps (GT3) and the owners manual disappeared from the pouch and minor scratches on the paint, only mishaps.

The car arrived to the dealer “driven” by a P car dealer employee from all the way from customs. A couple of interesting facts to share: The car is electronically limited at the factory and it does not exceed 35 kms/hr; The gas tank can not be opened; and there were no more than 5 kms at the odometer when it was delivered in customs (as opposed to many of you that saw 20 miles+).

Another thing you might find amusing is that I did not get a final price until delivery, mainly because DR customs did not have a 2007 GT3 in their data base!

I personally took off all of the plastic protection while the car was being put through the computer and all of the pre delivery issues (electronic factory delivery setup, battery, spoilers, wheel/tire torque & pressure, etc).

First time you move the car, after canceling the electronic factory delivery setup, the PASM and TC are offset and show a Failure. I was starting to get upset until the P car tech told me to just roll the car for a couple of meters and it will all sync! It worked!

I was so desperate to drive it, getting dark, that most of the detailing on the paint was a mess. I did no get to see many of the details until the next morning.

Enough from the dealer, I wanted to go. So I will do the detailing later. Options on the car are:

Exterior Color – E9-Mid Night Blue Metallic
Interior Color – 78 Black Alcantara

P01 Adaptive Sport Seats
P16 PCM
P74 Bi Xenon
XPA 3-SP-Steering
XSC Porsche Crest on Head Rest
XSY Seat Belt Speed Yellow
XXZ Footrest in Sports Look
09991 Speed Yellow
24901 Stitching on Dashboard Speed Yellow
24902 Stitching on Door Trim Speed Yellow
24903 Stitching Pull Hand/Comp Lid Speed Yellow
24904 Stitching Side Pan Cent. Con. Speed Yellow
24905 Stitching of Rear Side Panel Speed Yellow
25851 Stitching of Front Seats Speed Yellow
450 Ceramic Brakes
490 Sound Package
509 Fire Extinguisher
640 Sport Crono Package
650 Electric Sliding Roof
810 Floor Mats

Sunroof wise, I DID choose it. I think here in the DR, we GET IT AS AN OPTION!!!
I will try to post the sticker in the warranty booklet!

Put gas in the car and was glad to go back to a car with a “decent” capacity of gas. 997S was a pain. I had to refuel to many times.

This is my first NEW P car and chose to “break it in” as per P recommendations. I have not gone over 4500 RPM. I will post a picture of TOP SPEED at max revs. Ha! I had to get excited about something! Waiting for my manual to see if break in is only 1,000 KMS. I believe yours in the US say 1,000 MILES.

Delivered tires were Sport Cups. On my way home it rained and I can say they are not PS2s in the rain but did quite well. I think I like them! (drove 120 kms on first stint).

I can tell you that as per twitchiness and nervousness it is a much more pleasant drive than my old GT3 Mk1 & GT2 cs (transmission, clutch, steering & overall ride), with factory setup.

One of my biggest problems with GT’s, is the ride height. I live in a gated resort community, Casa de Campo in La Romana, Dominican Republic, and it takes 19 speed bumps to get from my house to the gates of the resort. Technical wise, I have not compared ride heights to 996 (GT3 & GT2), but I can tell you 997 GT3 is easier to handle over bumps and depressions, definitely.

Cabin wise, it is the same as any 997S. In my case, I chose leather everything with deviated yellow stitching. I believe the overall combination of leather, alcantara and deviated stitching is sporty/elegant.

When I ordered the car I chose leather, but in the waiting period I had many doubts about it (I wanted alcantara) and I was not clear if the deviated stitching would be applied to the steering wheel and the gear lever boot. Happily, they did included yellow stitches in the leather steering (unexpected), sadly, it was not included in the gear lever boot.

After getting used to the 997S BOSE system, I though the sound package was going to be the same crappie one as in the 996 (GT3 & GT2). To my surprise, is quite decent! I have the navigation hardware (did not ordered it), but it does not work in the DR.

Exhaust sound, performance dynamics, top speed runs, etc., I have not tasted. I can smell it, but as I said before, I decided to go by the book (please, do not give me a hard time).

Pictures will follow! I already have them, it is just that I have to decrease their size (one by one).

Ordered protective film, should be arriving next week. I will have a tough time finding a good installer. Thinking of installing protection grills for front radiators (recently a friend’s 997S RUF Supercharged was punctured by a rock), it just looks so nice plainly open!!

I was going to forget, PCCB! I love them! On track I had tried (official Pcar road show) with Sport Cup tires on and fell in love with them. I was not very impressed with my first generation PCCB on GT2. Definitely, harder to heal and toe, it will be down to practice!

More should follow!
Old 03-24-2007, 08:41 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

lera, congrats.
have fun with it.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:59 PM
blueillusion97
Racer

Sounds like you will be having some fun! Make sure you take few pics of interior and dash
Old 03-24-2007, 10:27 PM
LERA GT2
Rennlist Member

Default At DR's PCar Dealer

Two hours from arrival to take off!!!
Attached Images          
Old 03-24-2007, 10:31 PM
LERA GT2
Rennlist Member

Default Top Speed

Top Speed at Max "Break In"

4000RPM

&

4500RPM
Attached Images   
Old 03-24-2007, 10:50 PM
turbo187
Advanced

congrats it's beautiful! do you have a pic of it in the sun?
Old 03-24-2007, 10:53 PM
LERA GT2
Rennlist Member

Default Next Day

After taking pictures at the car, look what I found inside!!!
Attached Images          
Old 03-24-2007, 10:54 PM
LERA GT2
Rennlist Member

No, it has been somewhat cloudy today. I need to detail it and find a nice day/setting to take some more!
Old 03-25-2007, 12:49 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 49 Posts

Very Nice!

JCM
Old 03-25-2007, 12:52 AM
CorsicanBB
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very very nice! I hope you enjoy it in good health. Your children have that 'Dad has a great new car' twinkle in their eyes. It is nice to see!
Old 03-25-2007, 02:10 AM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Cute kids. Enjoy!!
Old 03-25-2007, 02:13 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Congrats, that is a gorgeous GT3! Casa Del Campo os a gorgeous place! You are lucky! Please pass my best regards to the Maitre D there, Jose Levezinho. I worked with him on ships for a few years.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:52 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 506 Posts

Congrats - this is an aweseome color combo!
Old 03-25-2007, 10:48 AM
LERA GT2
Rennlist Member

Thanks,
Going to put some miles, right now!!

DJF1
Levezinho is no longer at Casa de Campo, had the pleasure of enjoying his charming hospitality. Are you still involved in the cruise industry?
Old 03-25-2007, 02:20 PM
porkernut
Advanced

Enjoy the car Lera, it looks fabulous, I've done 700 miles in mine now, I can tell you it just gets better evry time you drive it!
Enjoy

Quick Reply: Mid Night Blue GT3 - DR