Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Great New Article

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 06:01 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,580 Likes on 987 Posts

Funny you say that, but you know that quite a few people have stuffed a Chevy V8 in the back of a 911. It happens quite a bit.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:36 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a pretty compact motor, so I can believe it. It'd be a fun experiment...though I'm guessing quite a few people would be offended!
Old 02-01-2007, 09:22 AM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by murphyslaw1978
Funny you say that, but you know that quite a few people have stuffed a Chevy V8 in the back of a 911. It happens quite a bit.
anyone on Rennlist? Putting the Z motor in the GT3 would at least quell the debate...or maybe not.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:45 AM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally had a chance to take a look at a new Z at the Houston car show (lame show), I was impressed and dissapointed. The engine looks awesome, all business, the exterior, wheels/exhaust everything very cool. Then I got inside and was underwhelmed in a sea of plastic. Yes it was worse than my 996 which also has too much plastic IMO. The shifter felt very good and the pedals seemed adequate. My kids loved the car. In short an awesome Corvette, but not something I could live with as a daily driver, but a weekend toy...
Old 02-01-2007, 01:48 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ 996
I finally had a chance to take a look at a new Z at the Houston car show (lame show), I was impressed and dissapointed. The engine looks awesome, all business, the exterior, wheels/exhaust everything very cool. Then I got inside and was underwhelmed in a sea of plastic. Yes it was worse than my 996 which also has too much plastic IMO. The shifter felt very good and the pedals seemed adequate. My kids loved the car. In short an awesome Corvette, but not something I could live with as a daily driver, but a weekend toy...
I just don't understand why they won't spend the money on the interior. We're not talking thousands here to bring it up to scratch...or so it doesn't scratch if you get my meaning. A VW Rabbit has higher quality materials or to be fair the comparably priced Audi RS4 (which I seriously doubt cost less to engineer or to build) blows it and most cars away in interior fit and finish.

GM is just milking the 'Vette as it's one of the few desirable cars they have...but even that doesn't make sense as Porsche manages to make plenty of money on quality cars.

What's Chevy's problem?
Old 02-01-2007, 02:59 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no idea why GM doesn't at least offer an interior upgrade as an option on the Vette. A lot of people would pay for it, which would obviously just add to the profit GM makes on the car. Personally I don't particularly care about those issues for this car, but I know a lot of people that do. I also don't think the interior is bad; not great, but not bad.

Quick Reply: Great New Article