Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

need opinion on seats & rollbar...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:44 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimhuber
Well I live close to Mid-Ohio and will go to the track as much as I can. I will drive it on the street sometimes. This is my fun car. I have ordered some Fiske type 13 race black wheels. First I want to get a track setup done on the car.
Might I suggest getting some (alot of) track time in an older 911 to learn the basics prior to putting the RS on the track? It could become a very expensive learning curve.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:45 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leif997
Jim, if this is not going to be a dedicated track car; I would not go w/ the front cage as it may become a potential hazard ( head injury w/o a helmet) and might not be legal. and if it is going to be a dedicated track car; it is not too late to strip out most if not all of the weight added options you have listed previously.

The front cage is easy to remove. I will not use it on the street for the reasons you said. I just want it when I buy the car. I will buy a track car as well. I want to buy a cup car for the track. I can see the track car will be the best for the track. Multi use things either copier or a car is not serving any one thing 100%. I really want a racer x car for the street and a car for the track. I understand the options on the car are not pure. I just like it and if I am going to buy then it should make me feel good. FYI I did request today to remove the rod antana from my build, I quess I was in a 80 s flash back or something.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:50 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Might I suggest getting some (alot of) track time in an older 911 to learn the basics prior to putting the RS on the track? It could become a very expensive learning curve.

For several years I owned Eurosport in Cincinnati, Ohio, I have spent a lot of time in cars doing stupid street racing over the years. I have some time in 911 and know of what you talk about. This car is weird. Sever of the people on this thing think I have EGO+NEWDRIVER+KNOWITALL= .

I am in no hurry. I am not so young I know everything. I have sold all of my other toys with out my Harley Deluxe, and want to move into a hobby that I can learn and grow with. I know not much so look at how much I have to learn. I really learn a lot from you all.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:40 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

FYI I did request today to remove the rod antana from my build, I quess I was in a 80 s flash back or something.
Finally some sense!!

Soon we'll be able to put enough sense into you to drop the idea of front cage. In any case, after scratching the alcantera a couple of times while taking the front legs out, you'll soon drop the idea and will leave it in the garage next to your hoosier slicks!!
Old 01-08-2007, 10:50 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by CWay27
Finally some sense!!

Soon we'll be able to put enough sense into you to drop the idea of front cage. In any case, after scratching the alcantera a couple of times while taking the front legs out, you'll soon drop the idea and will leave it in the garage next to your hoosier slicks!!

I have worked hard to be able to write a check for this car and to get myself in a place with my family, that makes this not a selfish thing but rather a earned thing. So, I may never use the front bolt in cage and it might hang next the Hoosiers and I might in late January some year when outside is 15 feet of snow put on my Hoosiers and my front cage and sit in the garage watching car racing on tv thought my windshield and have fun because I can. So I know, and I know.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:58 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

I have worked hard to be able to write a check for this car and to get myself in a place with my family, that makes this not a selfish thing but rather a earned thing. So, I may never use the front bolt in cage and it might hang next the Hoosiers and I might in late January some year when outside is 15 feet of snow put on my Hoosiers and my front cage and sit in the garage watching car racing on tv thought my windshield and have fun because I can. So I know, and I know.
Hey suit yourself, I was just trying to save yourself some hard earned cash on stuff that you don't really need. Happy camping in the garage!!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:02 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jim Huber - I'm trying to figure out the enigma that you are. ??? Give me a little time 'cause I'm slow!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:22 AM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by BobbyC
Jim Huber - I'm trying to figure out the enigma that you are. ??? Give me a little time 'cause I'm slow!

The big mystery is, no mystery. I am very bad at first impressions, so in my business I hire people to communicate for me. I talk to the my people. I hope to have fun with my car to build community.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:20 AM
Barfly
Racer

True that. Word on another forum is that a brand new, 500 miles on the odometer, GT3 smacked the wall this past weekend at Willow Springs.

Quick Reply: need opinion on seats & rollbar...