Ordering a GT3-RS {willing to pay a premium}

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 12:10 AM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by jimhuber
B
My point this guy is responding to the same type of information and asking price for a spot in this way on one site and all over me on this site. This is bogus. You dude are the one who wants to buy something from someone who has what you want. You want to spec it so that means you need one before it is delivered. You asked for the offers, you asked for the person holding the spot to sell it. I still state I have done nothing wrong.
I am going to respond to your reply Jim then I really don't want to hear about this anymore, it's enough already. Get the point?

- If you want to ask $50k for your car, that's fine. It's your attitude that we find disguisting.
- We don't need to be told over and over by you what you think your car is worth. We are all aware of what you think and what you want, SHUT UP ALREADY.
- Your on again, off again sales pitch is sleazy and don't even say your not flip flopping you have PM'd me telling me that you do want to sell your car than thread posting it's not for sale. WE DON'T CARE. I think I can speak for many on this board, if we were going to pay $50k for this car, IT WOULD NOT BE FROM YOU. You are a sleaze and your car has bad KARMA.

I can go on and on and on.. But at the end of this thread hopefully you will come to understand that we do not fault you for trying to get $50k for your car. WE FAULT YOU BECAUSE YOU WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT IT...
Your tactics are not in the best good faith interest of this community and you are soiling the experience of Rennlist for everyone else.

It's not just what you say, it's how you say it.. CLEAR ENOUGH ????

B
Old 12-31-2006, 09:38 AM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
Old 12-31-2006, 10:02 AM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still state I have done nothing wrong.
Perhaps. Well, except for your first 35 posts. You need to STFU.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320369
Old 12-31-2006, 10:21 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed

Old 12-31-2006, 12:18 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by frayed

That was worth a re-read.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:51 PM
frayed
Race Car

A friggen train wreck.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:45 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

I really hope Porsche will be true to form and crank out a few more RS cars than the market wants, then the flippers and speculators will get exactly what they deserve! Very few cars appreciate, with rare exeptions, and modern Porsches drop as hard as any other.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:01 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by B-Line
I am going to respond to your reply Jim then I really don't want to hear about this anymore, it's enough already. Get the point?

- If you want to ask $50k for your car, that's fine. It's your attitude that we find disguisting.
- We don't need to be told over and over by you what you think your car is worth. We are all aware of what you think and what you want, SHUT UP ALREADY.
- Your on again, off again sales pitch is sleazy and don't even say your not flip flopping you have PM'd me telling me that you do want to sell your car than thread posting it's not for sale. WE DON'T CARE. I think I can speak for many on this board, if we were going to pay $50k for this car, IT WOULD NOT BE FROM YOU. You are a sleaze and your car has bad KARMA.

I can go on and on and on.. But at the end of this thread hopefully you will come to understand that we do not fault you for trying to get $50k for your car. WE FAULT YOU BECAUSE YOU WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT IT...
Your tactics are not in the best good faith interest of this community and you are soiling the experience of Rennlist for everyone else.

It's not just what you say, it's how you say it.. CLEAR ENOUGH ????

B

This guy is getting the same responce due to his unclear offer. IMHO this responce is correct and stated better than mine on the topic.

Originally Posted by B-Line
Hey Bobby,

.....Also, I really hope this thread will not turn into a debate of what people think the premium should be. Opinions are really across the board. I would much rather people view this thread as a potential offer for someone who decides they might not want their car and understand that they are probably going to have a hard time getting TOP, TOP dollar......

-- B

You know I am really sure why you are posting about this, unless you are trying to buy a car below "market" from an unsuspecting or unaware seller (are there any at this point?, I doubt it ). Or else, maybe you are trying to jawbone down the price you want to pay. You have stated your opinion as to what the premium shouldn't be, but want to close of debate as to what it might be, interesting!

If you really want a car and have no allocation, then there are quite a few Dealers who did not pass their cars along to Customers (Woodland seems to be one of them) and will sell them at a "market" adjusted price.

I know Dealers are offering other Dealers at least $25K over (with additional internal incentives) and not getting any takers. Aditional allocations, if any, have little chance of going to customers on lists because Dealers feel they can make more with "market" adjustments and/or forced options (there will always be exceptions from good Dealers).

Until all the dust settles re allocations and "local" supplies it is impossible to tell what will happen to the premium or discount in the future, but that is not the point

If you want a car right now, you are going to have to be a willing party to establish current "market"; and the Dealers with cars appear to have established their position. The place to negotiate the price is with them (not here), but trying to buy something that is not yet available is just going to increase the price even more. Catch 22!

Simply stated, your standing offer of a premium (whatever it is, since it is below "market") will not get you the result you desire. Never mind the complications it introduces for a private seller, because no Dealer will let a customer spec a car and flip it, for one of two reasons 1) it offends their sense of fair play (car should go to the next person on their list) or 2) they want the extra profit and feel as the Delaership they are more entitled to it than a Customer. So, now for a Customer to give you a car he has to go through a hassle of taking delivery, then transferring the car to you (with the risk (unknowable) of you flaking out, because the "market" has changed, and the car was speced to your wishes) and makes the Dealer and all the salesmen mad at him because they will feel their "customer" lost a car.

A smart "seller", at this point, would flip his car back to Dealer (given their appetite for cars) and keep his "circle" happy and avoid the uncertainties from "retail" customers and that doesn't bode well for you. A smart RS "buyer" would keep the car (imo).

Notice I respected your wish and didn't opine on the level of premium, good luck with your search. Start calling Dealers!

Old 12-31-2006, 02:29 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

It's like Jason from the Friday the 13th movies...everytime you think he's dead, he pops out of nowhere for another kill... .....
Old 12-31-2006, 02:32 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You know I am (NOT?) really sure why you are posting about this, unless you are trying to buy a car below "market" from an unsuspecting or unaware seller (are there any at this point?, I doubt it ). Or else, maybe you are trying to jawbone down the price you want to pay. You have stated your opinion as to what the premium shouldn't be, but want to close of debate as to what it might be, interesting!
If you really want a car and have no allocation, then there are quite a few Dealers who did not pass their cars along to Customers (Woodland seems to be one of them) and will sell them at a "market" adjusted price.
I know Dealers are offering other Dealers at least $25K over (with additional internal incentives) and not getting any takers. Aditional allocations, if any, have little chance of going to customers on lists because Dealers feel they can make more with "market" adjustments and/or forced options (there will always be exceptions from good Dealers).
Until all the dust settles re allocations and "local" supplies it is impossible to tell what will happen to the premium or discount in the future, but that is not the point
If you want a car right now, you are going to have to be a willing party to establish current "market"; and the Dealers with cars appear to have established their position. The place to negotiate the price is with them (not here), but trying to buy something that is not yet available is just going to increase the price even more. Catch 22!
Simply stated, your standing offer of a premium (whatever it is, since it is below "market") will not get you the result you desire. Never mind the complications it introduces for a private seller, because no Dealer will let a customer spec a car and flip it, for one of two reasons 1) it offends their sense of fair play (car should go to the next person on their list) or 2) they want the extra profit and feel as the Delaership they are more entitled to it than a Customer. So, now for a Customer to give you a car he has to go through a hassle of taking delivery, then transferring the car to you (with the risk (unknowable) of you flaking out, because the "market" has changed, and the car was speced to your wishes) and makes the Dealer and all the salesmen mad at him because they will feel their "customer" lost a car.
A smart "seller", at this point, would flip his car back to Dealer (given their appetite for cars) and keep his "circle" happy and avoid the uncertainties from "retail" customers and that doesn't bode well for you. A smart RS "buyer" would keep the car (imo).
still makes it look like you are tryin to sell jim!
you don't decide market price.
if someone paid 5k over right now they wouldnt be taking advantage of an unsuspecting or unaware seller despite what you seem to think.
i havent heard of a car changing hands at 25k much less 50k.
my dealers, dealer to dealer figures, do not agree w/ your posted figures.
also dealers don't turn those figures down because they are getting more elsewhere.
they turn them down because they have already sold the car at msrp to someone like yourself!
the only reason for you to make posts of this nature is to help boost a possible sale price of your RS.

i'll still give you the $1000 over i offered b/f!!!

and market price would also take into consideration all RS sales, including yours at msrp!

btw how could you screw your unaware dealer like that?

my honest opinion on current market price for an RS that you can spec would be 10k over.
and as they start to ship it will slowly drop.
course THAT's just MY opinion!

Originally Posted by leif997
It's like Jason from the Friday the 13th movies...everytime you think he's dead, he pops out of nowhere for another kill... .....
you control this place! OFF w/ his head! . . . er . . . i mean BAN the guy!
or we could do a saddam on him? any rope?
Old 12-31-2006, 04:02 PM
jimhuber
Racer

For the next 30 days I am just going to read. If I learn anything of what I have done wrong I will post. I will try to see this thing I am missing because I want to get it.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:36 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For the next 30 days I am just going to read. If I learn anything of what I have done wrong I will post. I will try to see this thing I am missing because I want to get it.
Jim you're either a TROLL or just plain f**king stupid...if you haven't gotten IT by now you never will!!!
Old 12-31-2006, 04:37 PM
frayed
Race Car

WTF is wrong with you? 3 days ago you posted this.

[QUOTE]
I do not want to sell my car. I did not want to sell my car. I made my mistake in trying to use you kind people as lab rats to judge a real market responce and got mad when you were ofended. In this I am wrong . I think that the whole debate on RS spots is a hotter topic that I thought. I have thought about how much time you people give to this board with 2000+ posts. I am wrong in what I did and I want to move forward. And one more thing I really am not a hick. So my pledge: no more caps, no more off color language, and no more wishy washy information from me. Through my lashing I have learned to respect you all and to look at my over excited self.
I didn't buy that post then and don't today.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:59 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by leif997
More like an annoying stupid fly that keeps coming back roaming around your head.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:11 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by CWay27
More like an annoying stupid fly that keeps coming back roaming around your head.

If it makes you people feel good to attack someone and you all do this for sport then fine. Think what you all want.

Quick Reply: Ordering a GT3-RS {willing to pay a premium}