Ordering a GT3-RS {willing to pay a premium}

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 03:13 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Ordering a GT3-RS {willing to pay a premium}

Hey All,

So my bro has decided, he wants a GT3-RS. Obviously he's a day late and a dollar short as he does not have a deposit on one.
- So, the next best thing, he is willing to pay a premium. Can anyone help me locate a "build" for him. He wants to order it to his spec's.

Thanks,
B
Old 12-27-2006, 11:33 AM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hi,

Let's try this thread again...

Ready?

"Go"...

John D.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:33 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

And action!!
Old 12-27-2006, 06:10 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Thank you John and the rest of the gang.
I really did not like the direction that thread was headed.

Hopefully all Rennlisters who want an RS will get one and soon.

B
Old 12-29-2006, 10:45 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B-Line
Hey All,

So my bro has decided, he wants a GT3-RS. Obviously he's a day late and a dollar short as he does not have a deposit on one.
- So, the next best thing, he is willing to pay a premium. Can anyone help me locate a "build" for him. He wants to order it to his spec's.

Thanks,
B

BTW, on six speed the same question post and quess what the 50K # is offered up by another member. Any luck on a spot?
Old 12-29-2006, 10:48 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by jimhuber
BTW, on six speed the same question post and quess what the 50K # is offered up by another member. Any luck on a spot?
Hey man, you gotta learn to play nice.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:53 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
Hey man, you gotta learn to play nice.
I do not under stand your post?
Old 12-29-2006, 11:07 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

I do not under stand your post?
Your previous post is inflammatory. You knew how heated the previous thread got and you're just adding fuel to a new fire and it's going to **** people off.

If you are sincere and are a Porsche guy then Rennlist is a great place with a phenomenally knowledgable user group but you if you don't practice some tact you'll be put on IGNORE by many and banned like some previous guys who 'just didn't get it.' Most of the people here will help you out if you ask a question but don't be surprised if when you act like an *** they tell you so.

If $50k or $100k or $500k over is the market premium for an RS so be it, but don't push it when:

1. It's not necessary
2. There is no positive, let alone neutral, reaction for your post
3. It makes you appear immature - like a kid telling everyone, "I told you so!"

We're enthusiasts. A speculator is not all that respected around here, especially when an allocation that could go to an enthusiast is taken by someone out to bend over and gouge an enthusiast.

Get it?
Old 12-29-2006, 11:18 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If $50k or $100k or $500k over is the market premium for an RS so be it
Hey, Crazy...if it gets anywhere near 100K, I may have to reconsider my position......??????...........nahh, "F" that! they are going to have to pry this car from my cold, dead hands

500K on the other hand will be entertained
Old 12-29-2006, 11:27 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Chris,

Don't waste your time with him.. He obviously doesn't get it.
I have tried several times to explain him what it means to be a member of Rennlist but he is too busy waving his RS flag at us to understand what a community like this means to it's members and how he is becoming a nuisance.

Jim if you are reading this, I will gladly send you a check. To reimburse you for your Rennlist membership if you promise never to post here again. It will be the best Pcar money I have ever spent.
If you haven't gotten the hint yet, I will say it loud and clear. NO ONE CARES about you, your car, your premium..
Friendships on this board are a privilage, not a right. And if your objective is to alienate those within this Pcar community, keep it up.

The smartest thing you could do at this point is just be quiet about your $50K. Keep your RS and enjoy it. Maybe even make some friends. But the more you continue to push us, you will quickly find, how unpleasant board members can and will become.

Happy Healthy New Year !
B
Old 12-29-2006, 11:28 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Your previous post is inflammatory. You knew how heated the previous thread got and you're just adding fuel to a new fire and it's going to **** people off.

If you are sincere and are a Porsche guy then Rennlist is a great place with a phenomenally knowledgable user group but you if you don't practice some tact you'll be put on IGNORE by many and banned like some previous guys who 'just didn't get it.' Most of the people here will help you out if you ask a question but don't be surprised if when you act like an *** they tell you so.

If $50k or $100k or $500k over is the market premium for an RS so be it, but don't push it when:

1. It's not necessary
2. There is no positive, let alone neutral, reaction for your post
3. It makes you appear immature - like a kid telling everyone, "I told you so!"

We're enthusiasts. A speculator is not all that respected around here, especially when an allocation that could go to an enthusiast is taken by someone out to bend over and gouge an enthusiast.

Get it?
No not really. Speculation is a large part of this forum. Was not looking for a reaction or trying to tell everyone I told you so. I am not out to sell, or bend anyone over I am an enthusiast and have had my spot for well over a year.. Do not know what gives you the right to tell me that I will be banished. You are upset over something that is for sure. I was just saying that those number are not unreal. Calm down I have done nothing to you. Taken, that word says it all.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:33 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by B-Line
Chris,

Don't waste your time with him.. He obviously doesn't get it.
I have tried several times to explain him what it means to be a member of Rennlist but he is too busy waving his RS flag at us to understand what a community like this means to it's members and how he is becoming a nuisance.

Jim if you are reading this, I will gladly send you a check. To reimburse you for your Rennlist membership if you promise never to post here again. It will be the best Pcar money I have ever spent.
If you haven't gotten the hint yet, I will say it loud and clear. NO ONE CARES about you, your car, your premium..
Friendships on this board are a privilage, not a right. And if your objective is to alienate those within this Pcar community, keep it up.

The smartest thing you could do at this point is just be quiet about your $50K. Keep your RS and enjoy it. Maybe even make some friends. But the more you continue to push us, you will quickly find, how unpleasant board members can and will become.

Happy Healthy New Year !
B

You are over the top. I do not want the money. I was just making a point. How unplesant board members can and will bedcome, what are you talking about. Send me my money back. The best money you have spent.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:30 AM
RS 197
Pro

For the record. Over at 6 speed here is what was posted.

i believe if there is a RS forsale when they arrive in the US they will demand a premium of more than 50k... due to rarety of this specific car...
Alan

A car was not offered for $50K. There will be some that may pay, not me. I will buy one in a year or two just to round out the collection. I bet I pay under 100k

the next post states that cars are selling for 1/2 that.

Guys like you drive me nuts and hurt the credibilty and the enjoyment of this site.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:30 AM
B-Line
Drifting

Jim,

Telling us that others are asking $50k for their spot and then asking us "any luck on a spot? " Is OBNIXOUS..... Clearly I am not the only person who thinks so.
You have been told over and over, now for the last time, just leave. Don't post here anymore. I don't like you. We don't like you. You are not a helpful, contributing member of this forum. You are a leach and a dregg and have been told so by numerous longstanding members of this community.

Goodbye......
Old 12-30-2006, 01:02 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Jim, a few words of advice from a moderator. Your first posts on Rennlist were bombastic to say the least. That thread was clobbered by the owner of this site. Does that make you wonder? Did your language and belligerence have anything to do with it?

To make things simple, if you want to sell your RS and expect to get 50K over invoice .. just post an ad. I doubt you will get a response but, hey, it's your right to set the price you will accept.

On the other hand, trying to make a case for why your RS is worth 50K over list is just going to annoy people. Within this community, "flippers" are not well liked. I assume you know what a flipper is .. a guy who gets his hands on a desirable car with the intent to sell at a profit.

Speaking personally (and from experience) Porsches do not appreciate. Speculators got creamed on the GT2, the GT3 and the Carrera GT. The RS is likely to follow the same pattern.

The majority of us buy these cars to drive them, especially on a race track where they can best be appreciated.

So, sell your car, or not. If you decide to drive it and appreciate it, you'll find lots of friends here.

Regards,

Quick Reply: Ordering a GT3-RS {willing to pay a premium}