Received 5,635 Likes on 2,318 Posts

^ thank you, bob.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:30 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1

You are so articulate, it must be the Sullivans!
Old 12-30-2006, 02:11 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You could try Joe Rizza Porsche in Orland Park. I know (at least as of 3 weeks ago) that they had an RS coming in that was not spoken for. I believe that they wanted over list for the car.

No flames please, just passing the info on.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:12 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
You could try Joe Rizza Porsche in Orland Park. I know (at least as of 3 weeks ago) that they had an RS coming in that was not spoken for. I believe that they wanted over list for the car.

No flames please, just passing the info on.
you really didnt know they planned an auction for the car?
edit: yes, you knew.
you started the first thread on the car at rizza and titled it,
"how badly do you want one?"
Old 12-30-2006, 09:38 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Colm my friend - you left out the O' which will make my ancestors in County Cork pretty upset

Congrats on the C-GT, now you have the entire set.

Best,
Old 12-30-2006, 09:43 AM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Jim, a few words of advice from a moderator. Your first posts on Rennlist were bombastic to say the least. That thread was clobbered by the owner of this site. Does that make you wonder? Did your language and belligerence have anything to do with it?

To make things simple, if you want to sell your RS and expect to get 50K over invoice .. just post an ad. I doubt you will get a response but, hey, it's your right to set the price you will accept.

On the other hand, trying to make a case for why your RS is worth 50K over list is just going to annoy people. Within this community, "flippers" are not well liked. I assume you know what a flipper is .. a guy who gets his hands on a desirable car with the intent to sell at a profit.

Speaking personally (and from experience) Porsches do not appreciate. Speculators got creamed on the GT2, the GT3 and the Carrera GT. The RS is likely to follow the same pattern.

The majority of us buy these cars to drive them, especially on a race track where they can best be appreciated.

So, sell your car, or not. If you decide to drive it and appreciate it, you'll find lots of friends here.

Regards,

Ok one more time. I do not want to sell my car. I will not sell my car. I do not care if the value goes up. I am sorry that you do not like me and look for bad in all of my posts. I was just saying that other sites were talking about a premium as well and asked about the spot because I have my ears open for you all. I am not flaging my RS to people. I posted the information on my pro forma invoice to ask for advice. I value all of your ideas and sugestions. I am a very giving person and do not take. I have not used foul languane, personal attacks, nor have I been rude. This is a hot topic I think. If I wanted to flip something I would broker something that has a stream of supply not a one time deal. You should all know that you do not make money in this tyype of relm. Most money made comes from the masses not the classes. I thought I would be able to be a part of this forum. I am sure you are looking at my post wrong.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:23 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by icon
you really didnt know they planned an auction for the car?
edit: yes, you knew.
you started the first thread on the car at rizza and titled it,
"how badly do you want one?"
Sorry, I really didn't know that?? I only heard that they had a car that was (at the time) unspoken for. I heard that they wanted over list, but your post was the first I had heard of any "auction".

I am not looking for an RS, so I did not look into the car beyond what the service manager told me (I never spoke to any salesman directly). I was (and am) simply trying to pass along info on what I understood to be an unsold car.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jimhuber
Ok one more time. <snip> I have not used foul languane, (sic) personal attacks, nor have I been rude.
What?!

You were doing okay there for a few posts, but now what's happened?

You might want to get tested for split-personality disorder. Any bi-polarism in your family history? Just kidding. Sort of.

I think if you were adding any value to this forum, I'd have more tolerance for your nonsense. How many more times do you think you're going to be allowed to fly off the handle, abuse people and then apologise and prop up some implausible excuse?

You've had a dose from the site owner and a mod. Was this on your "goals for '06" list?

Denying your earlier posts is hardly helping. Why not read a little more and post a lot less for a while?
Old 12-30-2006, 02:10 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
What?!

You were doing okay there for a few posts, but now what's happened?

You might want to get tested for split-personality disorder. Any bi-polarism in your family history? Just kidding. Sort of.

I think if you were adding any value to this forum, I'd have more tolerance for your nonsense. How many more times do you think you're going to be allowed to fly off the handle, abuse people and then apologise and prop up some implausible excuse?

You've had a dose from the site owner and a mod. Was this on your "goals for '06" list?

Denying your earlier posts is hardly helping. Why not read a little more and post a lot less for a while?
I do not know why it is so out of hand. Split personality disorder that I know of. Personal attacks are high on the list of a lot of members. Implausible excuse? Ok, I am out.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:19 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by jimhuber
Ok, I am out.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:24 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by B-Line
Jim,

Telling us that others are asking $50k for their spot and then asking us "any luck on a spot? " Is OBNIXOUS..... Clearly I am not the only person who thinks so.
You have been told over and over, now for the last time, just leave. Don't post here anymore. I don't like you. We don't like you. You are not a helpful, contributing member of this forum. You are a leach and a dregg and have been told so by numerous longstanding members of this community.

Goodbye......

Hey Alan,

Thanks for the info.

No doubt I have seen people asking $50K for the car but I have also come across people selling their car for less than 1/2 that.
Also, even though I have heard people asking for $50k, I have not heard of anyone who has bought or sold one at that price.
- I am sure there will be a lot of speculation one way or the other on the price of this car. Should however someone be serious about wanting a bird in the hand, my bro is prepared to make an immediate offer.

B
My point this guy is responding to the same type of information and asking price for a spot in this way on one site and all over me on this site. This is bogus. You dude are the one who wants to buy something from someone who has what you want. You want to spec it so that means you need one before it is delivered. You asked for the offers, you asked for the person holding the spot to sell it. I still state I have done nothing wrong.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Old 12-30-2006, 08:37 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Thread That Will Never Die...time for Sequel III!
Old 12-30-2006, 08:51 PM
1whobuys
Advanced

2 things...
I went into Rizza a year and a half ago about the RS, I was told I would be 1st on the list if they brought it to th US.
I called after PCNA said it was coming and I was told that they would be specing the car and when it came in I could "BID" on it....screw them.

2nd....I have been on the internet for many years and the word that keeps coming to mind every time I see Jim post is..."TROLL"

You guys are very patient, most web site would have ban him by now.

PS...Happy New Year to everyone....Hope you all get the car (s) you wish for this year.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:27 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by 1whobuys
2 things...
I went into Rizza a year and a half ago about the RS, I was told I would be 1st on the list if they brought it to th US.
I called after PCNA said it was coming and I was told that they would be specing the car and when it came in I could "BID" on it....screw them.

2nd....I have been on the internet for many years and the word that keeps coming to mind every time I see Jim post is..."TROLL"

You guys are very patient, most web site would have ban him by now.

PS...Happy New Year to everyone....Hope you all get the car (s) you wish for this year.

"I was told" I quess that the reason they can screw off is you did not give a deposit and get a buyers order saying first spot at M.S.R.P. with deposit paid. You did not and now they know the car will bring over M.S.R.P. . TROLL, well that is harsh. You as others are up set because of the limited amount of cars. I am not the one who has made this a hot topic.

I also hope everyone has a Happy New Year

Quick Reply: Ordering a GT3-RS {willing to pay a premium}