Orange or White GT3 RS??

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006 | 11:18 PM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orange or White GT3 RS??

I thought I was all set but I have waffled back and fourth a million and 1 times on picking the right exterior color, I feel like I will make a mistake one way or the other!!! I have spent the entire weekend trying to figure it out with no piece of mind. My wife thinks I'm a freaking lunatic and my kids want nothing to do with the topic anymore, the dog has not given me his advice yet.

I hope I am not the only one this screwed up!

Can anyone Photoshop the same view of the Orange car with a shopped view to White shown as it would be delivered from the factory? (No stripes, white mirrors BUT black wheels please!!)

My dilemma:
1. White is timeless but I feel F--ked by Porsche being charged $4,315 for a car offering less. With white I need to pay $1,000 more to get the wheel painted black, $300 for stickers and another few hundred for the mirrors to make it look right. BUT the car will no longer be original which is important for a limited production car in my mind. If it came the RIGHT WAY from the factory maybe it would be an easier choice to go white.
2. I love every picture of the Orange, it looks GREAT NOW but will I still love it in 6 months or will I be sick of it? Orange seems popular in general at this moment as a “come back” color but will it go "out of style" as did the colors in the 70's??
3. Which will be more desirable long-term?
4. This car was meant to be BRIGHT right? A raw racers or do I want to go less noticed??

PLEASE someone post a perfect photo shopped White for me next to Orange, PLEASE I need help, I have not seen a good white car to compare the Orange to yet. I need to confirm the build tomorrow and have not gotten one step closer to making a solid decisive decision.

Thank you all!!

Peter
Attached Images   
Old 12-03-2006 | 11:41 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Why do you labor over these minor issues?

Just buy one of each.
Old 12-03-2006 | 11:47 PM
cooz
Pro

get green
Old 12-03-2006 | 11:59 PM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thank you Icon, every little bit helps.

Cooz suggested green, that's all I need is a third choice to occupy even more brain function...
Old 12-04-2006 | 12:15 AM
ylshih
Advanced

I can sympathize! I put in my order for orange, but I'm not final on that myself. The white and the green are both tempting too. It's extremely annoying that Porsche has chosen to charge a "special color" price for a standard color. Clearly they are saying "we really don't want our customers to pick white for this car, but who are we to say no if they want to line up to take it up the butt" .
Old 12-04-2006 | 12:19 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Maybe you are over thinking this thing.

You seem to be trying to make the RIGHT decision; but right for who?

I have learned over the years to go with my instincts and do what I like, not what I perceive others will like.

The irony in all of this is that if you have confidence in your own gut you will find that others like it too, though it should never be a consideration (unless you were really thinking about green).

There is no right answer, no absolute, but the reality is as first owner you get to call the shots. One of the privlidges of suffereing all of tha initial depreciation.
Old 12-04-2006 | 12:42 AM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by Colm
The irony in all of this is that if you have confidence in your own gut you will find that others like it too, though it should never be a consideration (unless you were really thinking about green).
LOL.

I agree with Colm, provided that you pick orange.

The RS is a special car, go with a special color. Oh, and you won't tire of Orange. But just in case you do, please pm me.

Cheers.
Old 12-04-2006 | 12:48 AM
zellamsee
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 36 Posts

Polar Peter: I completely understand your dilemma -- I too agonized over this same question this weekend. Ultimately, I decided on orange for the same reason as stated in the previous post -- special car deserves a special color.
Old 12-04-2006 | 02:18 AM
krC2S
Racer

nice work icon

do we know if the side skirts will come in black like other RS's or white like GT3's?
ofcourse they can (should IMO) be pianted like wheels and mirrors would be
Old 12-04-2006 | 09:52 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 222 Likes on 111 Posts

Good job Jeff.
Old 12-04-2006 | 11:30 AM
gt3cup98
Racer

I went through the same bain damage. Almost every car I have ever owned is white and I love it. However, I ordered Orange. It just seemed the thing to do for such a special car. However, may have to drive very careful on the street since it will be an in your face color.
Boyd
Old 12-04-2006 | 11:34 AM
gt3cup98
Racer

I ment brain damage. How do I turn on spellcheck?
Boyd
Old 12-04-2006 | 12:27 PM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts
Default color choice....

I will be pacing my order today....had the same issues this weekend, just can't make up my mind! White is out for me, no way to pay such a ridiculous price for an otherwise standard color.

Green looks good initially, but I think is getting old fast....

O.k. black or orange for porschemeister??

Black is a b...to keep clean, but I have to say with the orange accents it looks really good! Plus no upcharge whatsoever! Thinking about doing the tourist delivery thing instead.

Oh well will keep you guys posted
Old 12-04-2006 | 12:30 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Green is awesome. The green '73 RSs still look outstanding, and I cannot think of a better historical reference. Orange is great too, but it is too "in" right now, which is exactly why I personally would go with the green over the orange.

The RS is a very special car. If any car screams out for an "unusual color," this is the one. If you are driving an RS in the first place, you cannot honestly be that worried about "subtlety."

If you guys are having such a hard time figuring out your order, please consider giving your minds a break and simply passing your allocation to me. I know EXACTLY what I would order.
Old 12-04-2006 | 01:14 PM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Thank you for the photo job!! I have now choosen Orange with 100% commitment (for the moment). I tend to agree this special car needs special paint.

Thank you all for the help, See you on a track in late March I hope!!!

Quick Reply: Orange or White GT3 RS??