Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3RS......how badly do you want one??

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 07:28 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default GT3RS......how badly do you want one??

Just an FYI. One of the Chicago area dealers (Joe Rizza in Orland Park) has been allocated a new GT3RS which as of today is "unsold".

If you want to purchase the car it is still available, but I get the feeling they are not going to let it go for sticker price. (I wish I could justify it for myself right now!!! )

Hopefully, a Rennlister will get it!!
Old 11-30-2006, 08:35 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
Just an FYI. One of the Chicago area dealers (Joe Rizza in Orland Park) has been allocated a new GT3RS which as of today is "unsold".

If you want to purchase the car it is still available, but I get the feeling they are not going to let it go for sticker price. (I wish I could justify it for myself right now!!! )

Hopefully, a Rennlister will get it!!
they're taking bids!
they can keep it
hope no rennlister is silly enough to bid, unless it's to bid under msrp

they're site shows three rs spyders in stock!
would have thought those were bought direct from porsche?
Old 11-30-2006, 09:23 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by icon
they're taking bids!
they can keep it
hope no rennlister is silly enough to bid, unless it's to bid under msrp
Right On, Icon....what's the deal with that type of dealership? Is that how they gain clients? I wouldn't buy car from them just on GP....nor should any other R-lister.

A novel approach would to make it into to a charity lottery for an MSRP unit if it is an unspoken-for allotment... " X " amount of dollars for entry into the lottery, 100 % of which would go to the charity. That would be a great way to generate good public image and publicity and benefit some deserving people at the same time.

I am sickened by that type of salesmanship.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:35 PM
mtalx
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ray,

I had read your previous post in November and wanted to see what would happen. Just about as I suspected and has been 3 months since your post.

I have had a deposit for an RS since 2/06 at Rizza Porsche in Orland Park, Illinios. After several months of calls I now get my deposit back. I called the salesman a couple of months ago to inquire when allocations were given out and after a couple of weeks I get call back and said "The good news is we are getting one GT3 RS - the bad news is you are not getting it - we are selling it to the highest bidder" Still after two months I contact the manager to get my deposit back. The manager has no recollection of my order for an RS... Amazing when written up thay way on the folder.

He said they have ordered it in black with options including navigation.

Now the good news is that I was able to pickup a GT3 in January... just lucky. I love it but for some reason I still want an RS. Definatly not above MSRP.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:55 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Auction? That's a new one, even Ferrari doesn't do that....yet.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Paul523
Pro

Originally Posted by mtalx
...I have had a deposit for an RS since 2/06 at Rizza Porsche in Orland Park, Illinios. After several months of calls I now get my deposit back. I called the salesman a couple of months ago to inquire when allocations were given out and after a couple of weeks I get call back and said "The good news is we are getting one GT3 RS - the bad news is you are not getting it - we are selling it to the highest bidder" Still after two months I contact the manager to get my deposit back. The manager has no recollection of my order for an RS... Amazing when written up thay way on the folder.
It never ceases to frost me... It's fine if the dealer never accepted $ to hold the car-- if dealer's future intent is to sell @ gaudy markup upon arrival, but holding customer deposit for a year for an allocation?.... customer conceivably then foregoes other dealers' authentic waiting list while trusting the bull**** baiting dealer.... crunch time arrives & dealer decides to move the goalposts another couple hundred yards down the field. What a bunch of schmucks. Gotta sound the horns and expose these guys if they're actually doing this.

mtalx- What type of receipt/ folder did they give you? Find a way to report the series of events to PCNA. Thank God for the good, ethical dealers... glad to hear that you found a nice narrow body 3. ... well, 'narrow' only relative to the RS!
Old 03-08-2007, 10:00 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

When the RS was announced lat spring/summer I went to Rizza first and spoke with "you know whom". He was evasive to say the least.

I then went to Napleton. Told me come in and I met with the GM and SM. They were happy to sell me the car, but they just wanted to know it wasn't going to a flipper.

About a month ago I settled on some things but still not all since it is a June build.

I have called Rizza a couple of times and gotten the run around. I have bought several Porsches there but they still were evasive and I got the message. I almost bought their C-GT but couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on so much money for such a narrow purpose vehicle. I told them to not expect any more of my business and picked up my deposit on a TT Cab. The cool thing is the Napleton folks are car enthusiasts and the GM is a serious Porsche racer. The Rizza people sell iron, what kind is largely irrelevant.

You know where I think Joe can put the RS. But I am suprised at his conduct nonetheless.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:28 AM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 262 Posts
Default Free market but...

Originally Posted by mtalx
Ray,
"The good news is we are getting one GT3 RS - the bad news is you are not getting it - we are selling it to the highest bidder"
I don't begrudge anyone for selling a product for what the market will bear. Free enterprise is the American way. But to hold a deposit for a tight allocation and then reneg? Absolutely criminal. I'm not a litigious person but it seems to me that the stealership has broken a contract without compensation. Know any good lawyers?
Old 03-09-2007, 10:52 AM
volpenyc
Pro

Sorry to be a little OT -

but I vote ICON for best avatars!

Where do you find em?
Old 03-09-2007, 11:07 AM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by volpenyc
Sorry to be a little OT -

but I vote ICON for best avatars!

Where do you find em?
Werd Brudda!

The hell with the avatars, I want names, addresses, and alarm codes.

Anyway, on topic, I was thinking this morning that this whole RS thing is irritating. I have a very solid shot at an RS and I may pass it up and keep the 3 b/c the RS topic has grown tiresome. My enthusiasm for the car (over the 3) has waned.

What is it that they say, "Run what you brung".
Old 03-09-2007, 11:25 AM
volpenyc
Pro

frayed - I'll take your shot at the RS -if you plan on giving it up. I am in the market for an RS, but late to the table..(that should be my life story)
Old 03-09-2007, 11:29 AM
frayed
Race Car

Unfortunately I have no control over the allocation.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:53 AM
volpenyc
Pro

Originally Posted by frayed
Unfortunately I have no control over the allocation.
Thanks anyways...the search continues
Old 03-09-2007, 05:27 PM
normank
Racer

Originally Posted by icon
you're giving up an RS at msrp?
tisk! tisk!
He may be right, but I would think twice if I had a shot at the car posted here.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:38 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by normank
He may be right, but I would think twice if I had a shot at the car posted here.
what?
he may be right about what?
you would think twice about what car? the one up for auction?

Quick Reply: GT3RS......how badly do you want one??