Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 06:03 PM
normank
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by icon
what?
he may be right about what?
you would think twice about what car? the one up for auction?
No! I guess that was a little vague. I would never, on principle, ever get into an auction. I meant the Black and Green RS in your photo. Just outstanding.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:17 PM
frayed
Race Car

icon your avatar sucks now. WTF?
Old 03-09-2007, 09:00 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by normank
Jeff,
Are there any more pictures of this car?
Norman
norman,
that's just a pshop i did that only took a few minutes by changing the orange to green.
i think the black w/ green trim looks pretty good as well, and of course now it's available to order.
it's kinda funny the way your avatar/little girl is pointing at it when you post the question!?
Old 03-10-2007, 11:49 AM
normank
Racer

norman,
that's just a pshop i did that only took a few minutes by changing the orange to green.
i think the black w/ green trim looks pretty good as well, and of course now it's available to order.
it's kinda funny the way your avatar/little girl is pointing at it when you post the question!?
You should be a designer for Porsche. That is the best color combination I have seen on that car. What do you do in real life?
That's my granddaughter and the picture did happen to work out well as an avatar. We are both riding that chipmunk until the GT3 arrives.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:06 PM
GT3 Rob
Advanced

norman,
Have to say mate, that looks bloody good.. will post pic on Puregt in Uk.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:37 PM
GT3 Rob
Advanced

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...65828&f=48&h=0

posted on PH.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:16 PM
magwheel
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking What's Orange and flies?

I guess so bad that I blew my brains out and... well...... I DID IT!!! I pulled the trigger, threw in the towel, bit the bullet and got worked over by a 'better man than me'! I closed the deal an hour or so ago on the Orange GT3 RS from that Boston Porsche dealership! Like always, I've been eating my guts out trying to figure out what to do. Yes.... No..... Yes.... No..... Yes...... No..... !!!

The papers will be here on Tuesday and they'll get them back Wednesday and hopefully the car will be here the following week sometime UNLESS...... somebody goes in there and offers them more 'stupid money' than I did! BUT.... Well, we (the Owner's son and I) made the deal over the phone, shook hands virtually and I'm sending him a deposit early next week! I would think that's a 'solid' binding contract! Wouldn't you?

Please don't ask me what I paid! I really don't need any more people other than my girlfriend, my family and the rest of her family trying to convince me I'm a complete '*******'!!!

Lemme see..... how can I justify this transaction. Top 10 list: 1) I don't have an Orange car 2) I'm 59 and not sure how much time is left 3) I have an empty space in the garage 4) I like aggravating my girlfriend 5) My family hates me 6) I don't have any mistress on the side 7) 2 Porsches is not enough for anyone 8) I sold my 997 Turbo to get the SLR and now I'm totally depressed 9) I'm a deprived child (Yeah right!) 10) I really am a complete ******* !!!

Forgive me but I gotta go and take my meds and the Nurse has to give me a shot!!! I feel kinda sea-sick and I'm afraid of boats as much as I am of flying! Magwheel
Old 03-10-2007, 06:23 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by magwheel
I guess so bad that I blew my brains out and... well...... I DID IT!!! I pulled the trigger, threw in the towel, bit the bullet and got worked over by a 'better man than me'! I closed the deal an hour or so ago on the Orange GT3 RS from that Boston Porsche dealership! Like always, I've been eating my guts out trying to figure out what to do. Yes.... No..... Yes.... No..... Yes...... No..... !!!

The papers will be here on Tuesday and they'll get them back Wednesday and hopefully the car will be here the following week sometime UNLESS...... somebody goes in there and offers them more 'stupid money' than I did! BUT.... Well, we (the Owner's son and I) made the deal over the phone, shook hands virtually and I'm sending him a deposit early next week! I would think that's a 'solid' binding contract! Wouldn't you?

Please don't ask me what I paid! I really don't need any more people other than my girlfriend, my family and the rest of her family trying to convince me I'm a complete '*******'!!!

Lemme see..... how can I justify this transaction. Top 10 list: 1) I don't have an Orange car 2) I'm 59 and not sure how much time is left 3) I have an empty space in the garage 4) I like aggravating my girlfriend 5) My family hates me 6) I don't have any mistress on the side 7) 2 Porsches is not enough for anyone 8) I sold my 997 Turbo to get the SLR and now I'm totally depressed 9) I'm a deprived child (Yeah right!) 10) I really am a complete ******* !!!

Forgive me but I gotta go and take my meds and the Nurse has to give me a shot!!! I feel kinda sea-sick and I'm afraid of boats as much as I am of flying! Magwheel
They are worth every penny. I drove BobbyC's GT3 RS today and am thinking which kid I can part with and if selling one will be enough to cover the cost of the car...

I did get to peak under its skirt on my lift this afternoon. Thanks, Bobby!

Old 03-10-2007, 06:27 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CONGRATULATIONS! You did the right thing for yourself... fulfilment of dreams is Priceless!!!
Old 03-10-2007, 06:48 PM
magwheel
Instructor

Talking Priceless!!!

Originally Posted by BobbyC
CONGRATULATIONS! You did the right thing for yourself... fulfilment of dreams is Priceless!!!
Damn BobbyC, you sound like that Mastercard commercial! My problem is I'm not sure if it's a dream or a 'nightmare'! Mags
Old 03-10-2007, 06:51 PM
magwheel
Instructor

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
They are worth every penny. I drove BobbyC's GT3 RS today and am thinking which kid I can part with and if selling one will be enough to cover the cost of the car... Thanks, Bobby!
That's a good one Bobby, a real good one!!! Mags
Old 03-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Paul523
Pro

11.) .... a V10 and a V8?? that's ridiculous, those aren't real Porsche's ; anyone would understand you HAD to get a flat-6 variant!

Congrats, magwheel, best that you are collecting one early... I don't think the dealer will dare go squirrely on you. I'm near Wooster, PASM is great system to handle wretched post-winter Ohio roads.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:29 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

congratulations michael!
great car!
Old 03-10-2007, 11:39 PM
magwheel
Instructor

Talking Flat-6 variant!

Originally Posted by Paul523
11.) .... a V10 and a V8?? that's ridiculous, those aren't real Porsche's ; anyone would understand you HAD to get a flat-6 variant!

Congrats, magwheel, best that you are collecting one early... I don't think the dealer will dare go squirrely on you. I'm near Wooster, PASM is great system to handle wretched post-winter Ohio roads.
Damn Paul, Why didn't I think of that? See..... I knew there was at least one good reason why I needed the RS!!! Mags
Old 03-10-2007, 11:44 PM
magwheel
Instructor

congratulations michael!
great car!
Thanks Jeff! When the Hell you gonna teach me how to do those Photoshop tricks with my Mac version. I hate reading manuals! This way I could design cars in different shapes and colors of my favorite cars and not have to buy any more!!! I could have my own 'virtual garage'! Mags

Quick Reply: GT3RS......how badly do you want one??