Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

anyone doing euro delivery on GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 09:47 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
Default anyone doing euro delivery on GT3?

I'm working with switchcars on ordering a GT3. It seems one of the dealers said the GT3 is not available for euro delivery. Please someone tell me that ain't true.

Thanks,
jim
Old 11-15-2006, 10:14 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 607 Posts

Mine told me it was, and that is what I am planning on doing next June. Stutgart to Nice.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Just look at the porsche web site. $4000 will get you the euro delivery. Not real hard to figure out.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:32 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 150 Posts

I was planning on doing it, but damn $4k (+tax and license) is steep for the privilege. For ~$4,400 you can rent an awfully nice car for a week or two and not worry about damage to your brand new GT3...
Old 11-15-2006, 11:41 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,229 Likes on 668 Posts

Well since switch cars is a broker, he buys the car here and then re-sells it so to speak here. Only the dealer can do a Euro delivery.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:10 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,160 Likes on 2,908 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
Mine told me it was, and that is what I am planning on doing next June. Stutgart to Nice.
Make sure to take a detour through the Nurburgring
Old 11-16-2006, 02:30 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GrantG
Make sure to take a detour through the Nurburgring
thats the whole point!

and I thought the extra cost you paid for ed was for the VAT which is refundable once you return back to the US.

The porsche website lists euro delivery in the build sheet for the 997 CS but I don't see it anywhere for the GT3.

switchcars is a broker, however this information is directly from the dealership.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:08 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
I was planning on doing it, but damn $4k (+tax and license) is steep for the privilege. For ~$4,400 you can rent an awfully nice car for a week or two and not worry about damage to your brand new GT3...
You are missing the point - the car's function in life is to give you pleasure. Driving through Les Alpes Maritimes down to Nice is a fantastic experience over fabulous cols and passes in the footsteps of the Monte Carlo Rally and Tour de France. Once back home, the car will vividly remind you of the fun you have had. The patina on a well cared for but used car is highly valued by discerning collectors.

R+C
Old 11-16-2006, 07:05 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carrering
I'm working with switchcars on ordering a GT3. It seems one of the dealers said the GT3 is not available for euro delivery.
why in the heck would you order a new porsche through a broker instead of going directly to the dealer?
you don't really think he can get you cars or discounts you couldnt get for yourself?
Old 11-16-2006, 11:29 AM
AsianBond
Rennlist Member

i'm taking euro delivery of my RS next April with five other RS owners. Would make a nice parade down at the nurburing.

Some of the world's best driving roads are in europe.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:12 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by icon
why in the heck would you order a new porsche through a broker instead of going directly to the dealer?
you don't really think he can get you cars or discounts you couldnt get for yourself?
i been working with a dealer but unless someone drops out, i will have the first 08 allocation with them. I prefer a summer delivery and called several dealers but can't find anyone with an allocation in june/july and msrp. doug found me a dealer that has an earlier allocation at msrp immediately. that dealership claims no ED however and thats the problem. If you have any leads on dealers that can work with me, please pm me.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:19 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AsianBond
i'm taking euro delivery of my RS next April with five other RS owners. Would make a nice parade down at the nurburing.
That will make one hellova nice day. make sure to take plenty of pictures. wish i could join in.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
You are missing the point - the car's function in life is to give you pleasure.
Oh, I know...I took ED of an M3 five years ago; put ~3,000 Alpine, Autobahn, and Nurburgring miles on it. If anything, the remaining miles back here in the US were depressing after such bliss.

I also rented a Carrera in Germany some years before that. Both were pleasureable experiences...but not having to stress about parking, vandalism, etc. with a rental car sure is nice...
Old 11-16-2006, 02:56 PM
ringmeister
Addict
Rennlist Member

Do the euro delivery, it's worth every penny.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:38 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
You are missing the point - the car's function in life is to give you pleasure. Driving through Les Alpes Maritimes down to Nice is a fantastic experience over fabulous cols and passes in the footsteps of the Monte Carlo Rally and Tour de France. Once back home, the car will vividly remind you of the fun you have had. The patina on a well cared for but used car is highly valued by discerning collectors.

R+C

Quick Reply: anyone doing euro delivery on GT3?