Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Severe Negligence! Es Motor Damaged My Porsche 911 GT2 - Help Needed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2023 | 11:41 AM
ammein ramley
Intermediate

Default Severe Negligence! Es Motor Damaged My Porsche 911 GT2 - Help Needed!

I feel compelled to share my harrowing experience with Es Motor Dubai. Their incompetence has caused extensive damage to my beloved Porsche 911 GT2, leaving me devastated and financially burdened.

After entrusting my car to Es Motor Dubai for a seemingly simple exhaust fitting and dyno test, I received it back in a disastrous state. Within a short distance, the car broke down in the middle of the highway, resulting in a whopping repair bill of AED 150,000, ($41,000).
How might you ask? They severely damaged the differential and the transmission.
This makes the other mistakes they made seem like nothing, yet they’re still something. I bought their titanium exhaust costing me $5k, yet it didn’t even fit on my car.

Despite initially admitting fault and promising to make amends, Es Motor has since evaded their responsibility, providing endless excuses and delays. It's a clear case of negligence and deception.

Together, we can prevent others from falling victim to their incompetence.

Last edited by ammein ramley; 06-10-2023 at 04:36 AM.
Old 06-09-2023 | 12:25 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Have you had the car taken to another, more experienced and reputable shop? What did they assess as the cause of the damage?

I'm wondering how they damaged your diff and transmission from only a simple dyno test since there is nothing relating to fitting an exhaust that could cause that. You'd have to REALLY f'up to hurt a transmission on the dyno.

Old 06-09-2023 | 01:28 PM
ammein ramley
Intermediate

I have had the car checked and got 3 different reports. One of the reports are from Porsche and 2 other Porsche tuning brands. They all said the same thing. As to my understanding in a simplified way, they caused severe stress on the differential. These vibrations were then transferred to the transmission.
How exactly I cannot give you an answer. At the end of the day I handed my car in perfect condition. When i received the car back it took less than 50 kms until it broke down in the middle of the highway.
First there was a whining noise (turned out to be the diff) & at the same time the gears were either not going into place at all or it would get stuck in gears.

At first they said they would be accountable so i agreed to be reasonable and have the parts repaired rather than replaced. They wanted time to check for parts at a lower price. This took months. When the time came to pay they only wanted to pay for an after market diff and came up with a million & one excuses not to take accountability.
It has left me no choice but to expose the truth publicly.

About the exhaust; I paid $5,500 for their new titanium exhaust. They gave me an exhaust that fits a 997 gt2rs. How did this affect me? I had to pay 3 different installation attempts which all failed with Porsche . At the end I handed it over to es to fit it when they came to Dubai. They had to cut parts of the exhaust off just for it to fit. And yes they charged me for that installation as well.
This is not something you expect when you pay this much money. To clarify, this has nothing to do with the sever damage they caused. This was just another mishap of theirs that again, I had to pay for their own mistakes.

They could of easily took responsibility, fixed the car & gave it back just how i gave it to them, but hey, you get to see how people really are when things go wrong, not when things are going good.
Morally and ethically, when you take something, you give it back in the same condition.
Old 06-09-2023 | 01:32 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Lawsuit

JB
The following users liked this post:
ammein ramley (06-26-2023)
Old 06-09-2023 | 02:00 PM
Upscale Audio
Banned

How many miles/km does the car have on it?
Old 06-09-2023 | 06:01 PM
WestBank
Track Day

We need more background information on your car, how many miles do you have? I'm not saying your story is false or the hardships you've been through thus far but ES Motor Dubai I've been too countless times with my father for service on all his P-cars and each time they've done fantastic work and are very good with communications.

I hope you get it resolved with them because they are well known in the Emirates for their P cars and tuning.
Old 06-09-2023 | 07:48 PM
ammein ramley
Intermediate

I’m glad you haven’t experienced what I have.

That is a fair point, more details of the car is needed. I’ve owned it since 2014 when it had 12,000 kms. It now has 96,000 kms (60,000 miles). The car has been maintained since new with Porsche Ali & Sons. It has been over serviced and maintained to a very spoilt life.
Before the car was bought by 1,000 kms it got a major service. I had no complaints about the car. It was running on a tune that they did for me by street tuning. I was really happy with it and my car was driving perfectly, with no issues.

After what happened happened, I tried to speak with the ES guys, they were supposed to get back but no response. After this I spoke with, to my understanding the owner. I tried reasoning with them that I’d accept for them to repair rather than replace. They agreed and last minute only wanted to pay for the differential. This turned out to be a waste of time. This mishap started in January.

I believe that if I take my car somewhere to get whatever done to it, I should ALWAYS get it back in the same condition. That’s why I never give my car to valet; because they won’t take responsibility if they damage the car.

I trusted my car in their hands. For me though that started to change when I started to notice how mistakes were being handled, eg ES tried to put the blame of the exhaust not fitting on my Porsche dealer rather than take accountability that they sent an exhaust for another model.
I noticed that for the majority of the time there were 2 new guys who had 0 experience on Porsche’s. They were learning as they were going on my car. I say that with confidence because I didn’t leave my car and go, I stayed the entire day they worked on the car.

Everyone has their own experience. It is what it is.

Last edited by ammein ramley; 06-09-2023 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-09-2023 | 09:34 PM
Upscale Audio
Banned

Originally Posted by ammein ramley

I believe that if I take my car somewhere to get whatever done to it, I should ALWAYS get it back in the same condition. That’s why I never give my car to valet; because they won’t take responsibility if they damage the car.

I trusted my car in their hands. For me though that started to change when I started to notice how mistakes were being handled, eg ES tried to put the blame of the exhaust not fitting on my Porsche dealer rather than take accountability that they sent an exhaust for another model.
First issue: So it sounds like you bought an exhaust for a 997.1 GT2 from ES, but they shipped an exhaust for a later GT2 RS? When did they become apparent? Why didn't it get exchanged for the right model? You bought it, so did you confirm what it was for? (as noted, the engine is the same)

Second issue: The big deal here is you had them put it up on a dyno, everything was fine, and 60km later you got a whine. What did you do when it started whining?

I'm not trying to bum your out, but people dyno Porsches all the time. What were the results of your car's test? Reason I say this is I had a friend with a Ferrari Enzo and he put it up on a dyno for some unknown reason. It was a pretty violent thing to do and I didn't get why he bothered. He had not done a tune. Nothing. The car was barely broke in.

Your car, on the other hand, has 60,000 miles, has a tune, and now it's getting dyno'd. It drove off fine, but then it starts to whine, then I assume lock up, and now the rear diff and trans are damaged? I'm not trying to be a d*ck but what can they do on the dyno to cause that? It's a 15-year-old GT car with 60k miles. It broke. That sucks for sure.

Never heard of them here, but it looks like if you scroll through the homepage pictures you can get an orange color 911 with Tiptronic to pop wheelies?

ES Motors website

Last edited by Upscale Audio; 06-09-2023 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-09-2023 | 10:03 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

ive heard of es motor on turbo boards.

hard to follow the story.

bought an exhaust and it didnt fit. exhaust was for gt2 rs but didn’t fit gt2. strange, same engine. would think an exhaust would fit both.

why was it dynoed? i guess you weren’t there….. exhaust swap is like an hour or two….and dyno about the same. why leave the car there?

cars break. gt2 break. just assuming es motor did something bc it broke after it was in there shop….?

what exhaust did you buy….. link? did you check to see if it fit……

lots of questions.
Old 06-09-2023 | 11:44 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

ES Motors does not have a 997.2 GT2RS exhaust on their website for sale. They only list a 997 GT2 exhaust and in fact nothing for the GT2RS, which leads me to believe that the GT2 parts work the same on a GT2RS. OP having a standard GT2, assumed by the original post, would lead me to believe that his exhaust was the correct exhaust for the car and there is something missing in this story. Ahh, ES's side of the story.

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 06-10-2023 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-10-2023 | 03:40 AM
ammein ramley
Intermediate

reply posted below - still new to rennlist

Last edited by ammein ramley; 06-10-2023 at 03:44 AM.
Old 06-10-2023 | 03:41 AM
ammein ramley
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
First issue: So it sounds like you bought an exhaust for a 997.1 GT2 from ES, but they shipped an exhaust for a later GT2 RS? When did they become apparent? Why didn't it get exchanged for the right model? You bought it, so did you confirm what it was for? (as noted, the engine is the same)

Second issue: The big deal here is you had them put it up on a dyno, everything was fine, and 60km later you got a whine. What did you do when it started whining?

I'm not trying to bum your out, but people dyno Porsches all the time. What were the results of your car's test? Reason I say this is I had a friend with a Ferrari Enzo and he put it up on a dyno for some unknown reason. It was a pretty violent thing to do and I didn't get why he bothered. He had not done a tune. Nothing. The car was barely broke in.

Your car, on the other hand, has 60,000 miles, has a tune, and now it's getting dyno'd. It drove off fine, but then it starts to whine, then I assume lock up, and now the rear diff and trans are damaged? I'm not trying to be a d*ck but what can they do on the dyno to cause that? It's a 15-year-old GT car with 60k miles. It broke. That sucks for sure.

Never heard of them here, but it looks like if you scroll through the homepage pictures you can get an orange color 911 with Tiptronic to pop wheelies?

ES Motors website
Exhaust: I ordered an exhaust for my car, a 997 GT2, I received an exhaust for a 997 GT2 RS. The bumpers on the two cars are completely different. The angle and size of the tips is the reason the exhaust would simply not fit on the car. ES Motor themselves could not even fit the exhaust on the car UNTIL they cut parts of the X pipe off from both connecting ends. Even after that was done, it barley managed to fit.

The reason the car was put on the dyno was to get "fine tuned." Now, it did not take 60 KMs until I got the whine, it took less than 50 KMs for the car to break down after I received it from them.

The sequence of events was first the whining sound would come and go then the gears were either not shifting into gear or it would get stuck in gear. That's when I stopped the car in the middle of the road and it was towed to Porsche.

While I agree the car is 13 years old, it was in near perfect condition. There was no whining noise and the gears were shifting smoothly beforehand. It ONLY BROKE IMMEDIATELY AFTER they worked on the car. I would also like to know how they messed up so much so that they caused this damage. They had 2 new mechanics working on my car with ZERO experience on a Porsche, and had zero experience connecting any car on a dyno (they told me this themselves) so I'm assuming this might have had something to do with it.
Old 06-10-2023 | 03:51 AM
ammein ramley
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
ES Motors does not have a 997.2 GT3 RS exhaust on their website for sale. They only list a 997 Gt2 exhaust and in fact nothing for the GT2RS, which leads me to believe that the GT2 parts work the same on a GT2RS. OP having a standard GT2, assumed by the original post, would lead me to believe that his exhaust was the correct exhaust for the car and there is something missing in this story. Ahh, ES's side of the story.

With all due respect, I'm not understanding the point you're trying to make? Who even mentioned I got an exhaust for a gt3 rs

Old 06-10-2023 | 04:10 AM
ammein ramley
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JG 996T
ive heard of es motor on turbo boards.

hard to follow the story.

bought an exhaust and it didnt fit. exhaust was for gt2 rs but didn’t fit gt2. strange, same engine. would think an exhaust would fit both.

why was it dynoed? i guess you weren’t there….. exhaust swap is like an hour or two….and dyno about the same. why leave the car there?

cars break. gt2 break. just assuming es motor did something bc it broke after it was in there shop….?

what exhaust did you buy….. link? did you check to see if it fit……

lots of questions.
The car was dyno'd to get fine tuned. I didn't leave the car there, I was there the whole time. Like i mentioned in another reply, the exhaust they sent was for a 997 GT2 RS. It didn't fit because the bumper on the 2 cars are different. The size and angle of the tips was the issue. This was the first basic mistake they made. As a Porsche Automotive tuning company, they should have known better not to send out a wrong exhaust. When I flagged this to them, they did not take accountability and instead blamed it on my local Porsche dealer; accusing them of not knowing how to fit an exhaust. Even the ES Motor guys could not fit the exhaust. They had to cut parts of the exhaust to fit it rather than replacing it.

So your telling me, if you take ur car after it was serviced/ in perfect condition to a workshop/garage/tuning company, and when you receive the car it breaks down in less than 50 kms (30 miles) with immediate symptoms, you won't blame whoever worked on the car?

Old 06-10-2023 | 04:16 AM
ammein ramley
Intermediate

Just to add to my original post, the issue is not the exhaust. The issue is the damage done to the car. The exhaust was just an example to showcase their incompetence.

Quick Reply: Severe Negligence! Es Motor Damaged My Porsche 911 GT2 - Help Needed!