Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Money2536's Grey Black 997.2 GT3 RS Journal

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2022, 03:06 PM
chriswd62
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Money2536
I placed my first interior order from Suncoast. Since I've decided to repair the shift ****, seat belts, door pulls, and leather on the driver's seat; my tab is so so steep.
Nice! It looks like you were able to get most of the parts you were looking for, based on your interior walk around video. Are you skipping the full center carbon fiber GT3 RS console and sticking with the replacement alcantara version?

Old 12-12-2022, 03:11 PM
vma1788
Rennlist Member

Received 339 Likes on 171 Posts

Wow those belts look great. I need to do that to mine.

Do you have any tips on cleaning or rehabing the deviated stitching? Mine is red and the drivers door needs some love its either faded or dirty/improperly cleaned.
The following users liked this post:
Money2536 (12-12-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 03:18 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,139 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by chriswd62
Nice! It looks like you were able to get most of the parts you were looking for, based on your interior walk around video. Are you skipping the full center carbon fiber GT3 RS console and sticking with the replacement alcantara version?
Porsche likes to delaminate so I don't know many 997 owners besides collectors that are replacing with genuine carbon atm regardless of price... DBcarbon has a lifetime warranty and looks great
The following 3 users liked this post by Wonderdan:
jonwb (12-12-2022), Money2536 (12-12-2022), Needsdecaf (12-12-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 03:20 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 742 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by Money2536
I placed my first interior order from Suncoast. Since I've decided to repair the shift ****, seat belts, door pulls, and leather on the driver's seat; my tab is so so steep.
And to think you could have got a set of sensors for $120. Same brand and if you wanted OE RDE048 that would have been $275. Suncoast is a nice one stop shop but their prices are outrageous.
https://www.tpmsbargains.com/PORSCHE...PMS-s/1371.htm
Money2536 (12-12-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 04:42 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 78 Posts

The Alcantara one that is in the car is really nice. I'm think I'm going to leave it alone.

Originally Posted by vma1788
Wow those belts look great. I need to do that to mine.

Do you have any tips on cleaning or rehabing the deviated stitching? Mine is red and the drivers door needs some love its either faded or dirty/improperly cleaned.
Stitching is tricky to fix. I would use Colourlock Strong Cleaner and gently scrub with the brush.

Originally Posted by goin2drt
And to think you could have got a set of sensors for $120. Same brand and if you wanted OE RDE048 that would have been $275. Suncoast is a nice one stop shop but their prices are outrageous.
https://www.tpmsbargains.com/PORSCHE...PMS-s/1371.htm
Originally Posted by balucipher
Suncoast is full of great people but you could have saved quite a bit shopping around. Those TPMS sensors are $220 for the set from Apex instead of $660 for example.
Ah crap...I may be able to take them off. I totally wasn't thinking. I added them to my wishlist, but I didn't intend to buy them yet.

Last edited by Money2536; 12-12-2022 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-12-2022, 05:09 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,600 Likes on 1,617 Posts

Also, did you never find your centerlock tool? Or was it straight up missing? I haven't touched mine for a while but I THOUGHT it was below the bottom floor of the frunk last time I looked.
Old 12-12-2022, 05:30 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Also, did you never find your centerlock tool? Or was it straight up missing? I haven't touched mine for a while but I THOUGHT it was below the bottom floor of the frunk last time I looked.
In the GT3 its usually in the left bottom cubby behind a fabric panel. However (I have yet to field test this beyond my ownership-2) but its my understanding the centerlock tool is only included with the Sport Chrono optioned cars.... otherwise its a false panel in the same spot.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Wonderdan; 12-12-2022 at 05:31 PM.
onelove (12-14-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 05:48 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,397 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Originally Posted by Wonderdan
In the GT3 its usually in the left bottom cubby behind a fabric panel. However (I have yet to field test this beyond my ownership-2) but its my understanding the centerlock tool is only included with the Sport Chrono optioned cars.... otherwise its a false panel in the same spot.
My .2 GT3 didn’t have sport chrono and still had the centerlock tool in the trunk. The tool should be located behind the door at the bottom of the trunk on the passenger’s side (or on the left relative to this picture) like Dan stated. The other side should contain tire goo that is used to seal tire punctures, but this should never be used as it’s not a great way to fix this issue and the goo has very likely aged out.

Old 12-12-2022, 06:28 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RapidGT
My .2 GT3 didn’t have sport chrono and still had the centerlock tool in the trunk. The tool should be located behind the door at the bottom of the trunk on the passenger’s side (or on the left relative to this picture) like Dan stated. The other side should contain tire goo that is used to seal tire punctures, but this should never be used as it’s not a great way to fix this issue and the goo has very likely aged out.
LOL supply chain lottery maybe? My RS has a blank panel in the spot where that centerlock tool mold is supposed to be . However my tire goo is there on the other side... maybe its the lightweight battery option, I'm only guessing. Anyone else reading this have a lightweight lithium battery option and have a false panel where the center lock tool is supposed to be I’m still looking for an explanation for mine lol

Last edited by Wonderdan; 12-12-2022 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-12-2022, 07:01 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,093 Likes on 2,115 Posts

Matt - in your latest video you mentioned the concern you had with your windshield. The passenger side sticking up is not normal as you called out. Likely was replaced at some point. Saint Gobain Sekurit is the OEM windshield. See pic below to see if it's a genuine windshield or not. If it's genuine it'll have the triangle Porsche logo on top as shown below. Otherwise, it'll just say Saint Gobain Sekurit. The OEM windshield is cheaper than the genuine as you'd expect.

Old 12-12-2022, 07:56 PM
Body In White
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
E-brake handle is still available from what I can tell but is over $1k.

If you need help with part numbers, feel free to let me know and I can try and find them.
The part number for the e-brake is 997-424-980-94-A15 and was $1,041 when I replaced mine in July 2021. Order it now, if you want it — mine had to come from Germany and took months.
Money2536 (12-12-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 08:33 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,397 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Matt the front axle lift issue you mentioned in your latest video is most likely a faulty pressure switch or relay based on the things you described. Not a super expensive fix unlike how it used to be in the past (replacing the entire system) before this issue was further investigated finding the fault to be only minor. Keep in mind this was Porsche’s first attempt at a front axle lift so the system wasn’t perfect. Here is the link to a really good thread and video on this common issue.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...-cpo-pcna.html

Last edited by RapidGT; 12-12-2022 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-12-2022, 08:46 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Originally Posted by RapidGT
LOL supply chain lottery maybe? My RS has a blank panel in the spot where that centerlock tool mold is supposed to be . However my tire goo is there... maybe its a lightweight option like my battery. Like I said I'm only guessing.
I found it. I didn't see those little secret compartments down there. I got the manual out. I ended up buying a new socket and center lock nuts. Both are pretty worn.
Needsdecaf (12-12-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 08:50 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Matt - in your latest video you mentioned the concern you had with your windshield. The passenger side sticking up is not normal as you called out. Likely was replaced at some point. Saint Gobain Sekurit is the OEM windshield. See pic below to see if it's a genuine windshield or not. If it's genuine it'll have the triangle Porsche logo on top as shown below. Otherwise, it'll just say Saint Gobain Sekurit. The OEM windshield is cheaper than the genuine as you'd expect.
Yep, that's what I have. I'll look into having someone come and reinstall it.
Old 12-12-2022, 09:02 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

My shift **** is some jank version of that it's definitely not that one. Anyone have a part number for the correct carbon ****?
LOMartin (12-13-2022)

Quick Reply: Money2536's Grey Black 997.2 GT3 RS Journal