Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Antigravity battery fault - can anyone advise ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 09:23 AM
LionelB
Burning Brakes

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts

How about just switching to a regular battery ?
Old 10-29-2021, 12:03 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,045 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by LionelB
While we cannot answer for the OP (TB), we can say there are several reasons why people opt for our battery.

1- In the overwhelming majority of Cars, Porsche or others there is no Codes and it is quite rare when we look at actual numbers. IF the battery does get low from a Parasitic Draw Porsche's system will throw flags also. But regardless if it happens and how rare it is we don't like to see it and would give a full refund to TB if and when requested, or perhaps just try another battery and see if that resolves the issue. The fact is at this point we are in officially thousands of Porsches without issues, but also in more other Cars overall than the Porsche Brand, but Porsche owners are one of the largest purchasers of our products. Also note we are the Battery that Pagani has chosen for the battery in it latest Cars, and Pagani has made a retrofit kit to fit our battery into its older models. Just bringing this up so it is understood this is not simply a one-off type of battery.

2- The Batteries weigh roughly 35lbs less than a Lead/Acid Battery, the performance crowd loves the weight loss factor, and overall for its price it is the lowest cost most dramatic weight loss product for a vehicle hands down.

3- It has much higher Cranking Amps than a Lead/Acid Battery making for a larger spark on initial start up, and better starting when adding other items like tuning or headers in such because it simply keeps a higher voltage during the crank and spins the motor a bit faster.

4- It offers a lifespan that is from 2 - 3 times that of Lead/Acid because it is rated at 3000 Cycles compared to Lead Acid which is rated at 1000 cycles. It also has protections to prevent over-discharge, short-circuiting, over-charge and over voltage. So the battery cannot be damaged by running it down like a Lead/Acid Battery will be. So these protection also add to its ability to have a very long life.

5- The final thing is we have incorporated Wireless built-in Jump Starting to the Battery. So if you did over-discharge the battery due to storing it too long, leaving lights or some other accessory on.... then you would simply press one of the Keyfobs that are provided with the battery and start the car and be able to drive away. You would never have to connect a jumper box, see or even touch the battery, you just press a button and go. So that means you will also never be locked out of the Frunk in a Porsche because you simply press the keyfob and the Car has full power again and enough to emergency start the car roughly 5 times.

So overall it is honestly a much better battery. But we do not say its for everyone, it just what we offer for those who might be interested in those benefits. We will continue to work with the OP if he has a continuing issue, and he can reach out to us at Chad@antigravitybatteries.com

Last edited by Antigravity; 10-29-2021 at 12:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Steve Theodore (10-29-2021)
Old 10-29-2021, 12:50 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by LionelB
This has happened only twice and easily resolved itself by restarting, if it becomes a regular fault then I will try another battery as part of the process of elimination but for now it just seems to be a weird code and is probably not related to the Antigravity battery as that continues to show good voltage and churns the starter enthusiastically every time - I would change the thread title if it were possible but the post is too old for that unfortunately.

Last edited by TB993tt; 10-29-2021 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-30-2021, 01:13 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,045 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by TB993tt
This has happened only twice and easily resolved itself by restarting, if it becomes a regular fault then I will try another battery as part of the process of elimination but for now it just seems to be a weird code and is probably not related to the Antigravity battery as that continues to show good voltage and churns the starter enthusiastically every time - I would change the thread title if it were possible but the post is too old for that unfortunately.
Ok TB... any issues we got you covered. Just reach out when and if needed.
Old 11-01-2021, 02:21 PM
LionelB
Burning Brakes

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
While we cannot answer for the OP (TB), we can say there are several reasons why people opt for our battery.

1- In the overwhelming majority of Cars, Porsche or others there is no Codes and it is quite rare when we look at actual numbers. IF the battery does get low from a Parasitic Draw Porsche's system will throw flags also. But regardless if it happens and how rare it is we don't like to see it and would give a full refund to TB if and when requested, or perhaps just try another battery and see if that resolves the issue. The fact is at this point we are in officially thousands of Porsches without issues, but also in more other Cars overall than the Porsche Brand, but Porsche owners are one of the largest purchasers of our products. Also note we are the Battery that Pagani has chosen for the battery in it latest Cars, and Pagani has made a retrofit kit to fit our battery into its older models. Just bringing this up so it is understood this is not simply a one-off type of battery.

2- The Batteries weigh roughly 35lbs less than a Lead/Acid Battery, the performance crowd loves the weight loss factor, and overall for its price it is the lowest cost most dramatic weight loss product for a vehicle hands down.

3- It has much higher Cranking Amps than a Lead/Acid Battery making for a larger spark on initial start up, and better starting when adding other items like tuning or headers in such because it simply keeps a higher voltage during the crank and spins the motor a bit faster.

4- It offers a lifespan that is from 2 - 3 times that of Lead/Acid because it is rated at 3000 Cycles compared to Lead Acid which is rated at 1000 cycles. It also has protections to prevent over-discharge, short-circuiting, over-charge and over voltage. So the battery cannot be damaged by running it down like a Lead/Acid Battery will be. So these protection also add to its ability to have a very long life.

5- The final thing is we have incorporated Wireless built-in Jump Starting to the Battery. So if you did over-discharge the battery due to storing it too long, leaving lights or some other accessory on.... then you would simply press one of the Keyfobs that are provided with the battery and start the car and be able to drive away. You would never have to connect a jumper box, see or even touch the battery, you just press a button and go. So that means you will also never be locked out of the Frunk in a Porsche because you simply press the keyfob and the Car has full power again and enough to emergency start the car roughly 5 times.

So overall it is honestly a much better battery. But we do not say its for everyone, it just what we offer for those who might be interested in those benefits. We will continue to work with the OP if he has a continuing issue, and he can reach out to us at Chad@antigravitybatteries.com
Yeah, I get the sales pitch, I was just recommending to try a regular battery to see if this is actually a battery issue.
Old 11-02-2021, 01:03 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 454 Likes on 316 Posts

Regardless of which battery type or brand you have, consider cleaning and replacing cables-I posted my starter issue and there are other threads on the regular 997 forums as well. There is also a cable junction under the car that should be cleaned and/or tightened too-
I believe the negative battery cable was superseded by a better one(might apply to 997.1)
Also, the quick release positive pin connection to power distributor was later replaced by a threaded pin with washer and nut-I opted to clean mine and continue to prevent corrosion instead of replacing the quick connect pin.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...ter-click.html

Here's another thread with pics, cable connection under the car:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ter-cable.html

And this detailed thread on the positive pin/power distributor options:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...esolved-4.html

Keeping all the battery and starter connections clean and replacing some of them and avoiding corrosion is good practice, and a good time of the year now since summer is practically over

Best,
JB

Last edited by JB911; 11-03-2021 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-02-2021, 01:17 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 67 Posts

Whenever I see an Anti Gravity thread, I cringe at what paragraphs are about to occur….
The following users liked this post:
Antigravity (11-03-2021)

Quick Reply: Antigravity battery fault - can anyone advise ?