Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Longtube headers: dundon vs kline?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 04:06 AM
delta3
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Longtube headers: dundon vs kline?

Hi all, what are your opinions about these 2 longtube headers disregarding price? dundon is probably more well-known by the community here. good reputation. 321 ss construction. I can't find any reviews of kline. they use inconel 625.
how do they compare in terms of gains, sound, build quality, weight? Thank you.

here's the kline longtube headers (gotta scroll through the pics): https://www.kline-innovation.com/exh...7-gt3-exhaust/

Last edited by delta3; 06-27-2021 at 12:34 PM. Reason: link
Old 06-26-2021, 11:03 AM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 322 Posts

I'm a huge fan of Kline, having had their full Inconel exhaust on another car (GT-R) in the past, and their customer service is truly exceptional. However, when it comes to the pure science behind why their products work, I think it would be extremely hard to out-perform Charles Dundon. I'm semi-local to him, have been to their shop, and have heard him explain why their products perform and how they achieve the gains. The guy is an absolute genius. I'd put Dundon products up against pretty much anything, particularly in the 'price be damned' category.
The following users liked this post:
GM.RS (06-27-2021)
Old 06-26-2021, 02:29 PM
Elliotw44
Rennlist Member

Received 1,007 Likes on 418 Posts

Dundon you can get version of the longtubes with catalytic converters. For Kline you can get only go no converters in the longtube. If you want to retain catalytic converter and use Kline you remain with their shorty header design . So depending on your location and catalytic converter preference that could make the decision for you.
Old 06-26-2021, 06:22 PM
D-Uber Cars
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Believe, what LuL is referring to is that with Dundon, the exhaust is part of the equation. Charles and Jamie's methodology is to design a performance package based on your parameters. This differs greatly from the one pipe for one car bolt on philosophy. Dundon Performance Packages deliver, as they are engineered as a total system solution.
Fortunately, Dundon is local!

Last edited by D-Uber Cars; 06-26-2021 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-27-2021, 11:07 AM
TheSilverFox
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Have a Dundon setup and am very happy with it. Even better is Dundon’s customer service, it’s awesome. Have a different companies exhausts on 2 other Porsches, the fit and performance of Dundon is way better. The other exhaust company to remain nameless customer service sucks.

Have no experience with Kline so can’t comment on their products.
Old 06-27-2021, 04:16 PM
tq.3z
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

I have Dundon as well but I'm less fanatical about the system if you are ~ONLY~ doing the headers/exhaust. If you plan to do the full power package (mani+tune) then go Dundon and don't look back, but if you're just after sound you're burning quite a bit of money unnecessarily here.
Old 06-30-2021, 12:50 PM
f50nut
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 80 Posts

I have run Sharkwerks (2 different cars), Kline (full system – happy with this on my turbo car), Soul (center delete), and JCR (sides and center). I've read and tried a LOT between my cars and my friends' cars. After all this, I'm going with a full Dundon system on my GT3. The parts are here and going on the car soon. Happy to report back.

Jamie and Ted have been absolutely second to none in customer service, and generosity of time and knowledge. And even if they didn't go above and beyond as they always seem to do, I think it's hard to argue with the numbers.
The following users liked this post:
delta3 (07-07-2021)

Quick Reply: Longtube headers: dundon vs kline?