Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Want to sell/trade my 997.2 GT3 for an AMG G63....>

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 10:41 AM
Serpico69
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Want to sell/trade my 997.2 GT3 for an AMG G63....>

Helllo, I posted this on Gwagon forum on mbworld.org-popular gwagon forum and wanted to send this to the group here as well in case a long shot someone here was looking to acquire a perfect 997.2 GT3. Long post below, sorry but I wanted to be detailed about it. Thank you

Hi all

I posted a while back just getting a feel. This is an extremely long post so if you are not interested in buying a GT3 you may not want to read the rest-fair warning- i can be longwinded!

I had mentioned to the group I was considering selling my 997.2 GT3 to get a brand new G wagon. Earlier post

I would like to take this to the next level but I’m not sure if this is even doable. The G63 may be the GT3 RS 4.0, meaning impossible to buy unless your older brother owns a dealership-lol..funny but almost true...

I know I have a very sought after car. Can you believe a 992 Carrera S is about $145 grand these days.

I would like to do a deal with someone who has a G63 allocation and if that person wants to give that up I would trade my car and some cash to be agreed-upon.

That is the difficult part, agreeing on the value of my GT3. There are very few for sale and they have gone up significantly in the last six months.

Those of you who are Porsche aficionados know that this is a very special car, no need to talk about the engine and the last of the analog cars etc. etc. Again they rarely come up for sale and I believe I may have the lowest mileage one in the United States.

Here is the information and details on my car for those of you who are interested in exploring this. Of course I also have pics and a video if we engage in a serious dialog.

It is a 2011 997.2 GT3. It is GT silver with black interior.

It has a sport Chrono package dynamic engine mounts and fire extinguisher. It does not have the front lift axle. Steel brakes.

I bought this brand new at Porsche of Melbourne Florida in October 2010. I am the only owner.

this car has never spent the night outside. It has been garaged 24 seven. It has never been tracked, never been driven in the rain, never left the state of Florida. I have not even let someone who has smoked a cigarette get into my car without washing their hands. This should give you an idea of how the car was treated

I have all the maintenance records with oil changes, brake flushed and spark plug changes. It has a brand new set of Pirelli tires which are about A year old and have seen less than 500 miles on them.

The total mileage on the car is about 7950.

Again this car does not have one scratch on it it is absolutely show room condition and indistinguishable from new.

It just sits in the garage and I have not driven it in about two years. I just keep it maintained and cleaned and the battery charged but it is just sitting there appreciating in value.

Now I thought instead of treating this as a mutual fund why not let me drive some thing at least that I enjoy and can use instead of just sitting there. That is the reason for me getting rid of it. I just turned 50 and frankly Porsche race cars are just not for me anymore.

I am looking to order a brand new and I’m not interested in used. I do not buy used cars, never have, never will. I want to be the original owner.

I am looking at a G 63 in Jupiter REd or monzo grey (have not decided yet) with very little options. I would probably do the carbon fiber option and that’s it. So generally speaking this is about 170 K MSRP best as I could see in the builder.

My email is ericmhochman@gmail.com

I am not really sure how we move forward or if this is even doable. I am not willing to pay an additional markup. I got my GT3 at list price and I plan on getting the Mercedes at list price or I will just wait another couple of years or just not even get one. I am in no rush to sell or trade my 997.2 gt3 as it just sits there and I have a Land Cruiser as a daily driver which I am super happy with.

If I do this we will do this the right way I am located in the Tampa Bay area of Florida and we can have a Porsche dealer or Mercedes dealer do the transaction for us.

I did want to say some thing so we’re not wasting everyone’s time. I don’t know the exact value of my car but it’s certainly not $125,000. I saw one listed for $150,000 and that had 15,000 miles on it. and by the way, we can all agree to disagree but I think the 997.2 GT3 is a 180k to 200k in a few years. as i said earlier and I am sure all of you know, a new 992 s mid optioned is almost $145k..and lets be real honest-that is not a special car..its just not. yes its faster and has better tech than my gt3 but its jyst not special..and all of you know what i mean..when you sit in a gt3 its special..

I just wanted to say as a point of reference I am not interested in lowball offers and want to be fair but reasonable.

Anyway thank you very much for reading and if you have any interest or are creative in sales and know how to get this deal done for me where both parties are happy and feel fairly treated for this high flying expensive swap sale please let me know.
Thanks again
Old 06-22-2021, 11:11 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

like you said, long shot that one of our Rennlist 997 GT owners will have a G63 allocation, but who knows.

... and certainly will be interesting to see if you do indeed end up finding a Mercedes owner on Gwagon forum who is interested in giving up their allocation for a 10 year old 997 GT3.

I am certain you will now hear from a lot of potential buyers on this forum for your car.

I also know that you did not ask for opinions on the value of your car,... and also a certainty on Rennlist in this particular subforum, there is a mixed bag of guys who think most of the cars for sale are over-priced and at 8k miles should be yesterdays prices,.. mixed in with guys who see the market as a investment grade bubble,... and then there are those of us like me who have a similar car to yours, want to keep driving them, and think our cars (with less than 15k miles) can sell in the $145k-$150k range. If it was an RS then sure you could be looking at the $200k mark,... but a regular GT3 imo, even one with less than 10k miles, is not going to attract the museum collector,... which will thereby always keep the pricing at a more reasonable level. I also acknowledge that you said "in a few years, it could be $180-$200k".

Good luck with this adventure!
=Steve

Last edited by bweSteve; 06-22-2021 at 11:13 AM.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:49 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,977 Likes on 1,764 Posts

It's a $130k car.
The following 3 users liked this post by RAudi Driver:
9872SpeedYellowCS (06-22-2021), cbracerx (06-23-2021), Robocop305 (06-23-2021)
Old 06-22-2021, 12:34 PM
Serpico69
Track Day

Thanks Steve, great thoughts to be sure.

We will see what happens. As I said, I am not bothered just letting it sit for right now. Lets see what happens to the market going forward.
FWIW, 130k car, really? You got to be kidding me....but lets agree to disagree. They rarely come up for sale and the ones that do are in the 140k with 15k miles.
But you may be right and I am wrong but I am going to just hold out for a G 63 and see what happens.
Thanks guys..
Eric
Old 06-22-2021, 12:44 PM
Burren
Burning Brakes

Received 548 Likes on 258 Posts

Raudi isn't wrong. Your car is low mileage, but doesn't have anything special for options or aftermarket mods. I'd offer $120-$125k. But, it's your car and these days you may very well get what you ask.

As for the switch, I don't think the two cars could be on further ends of the spectrum. Seems odd.
The following 4 users liked this post by Burren:
Breakthru (06-22-2021), cbracerx (06-23-2021), GM.RS (06-23-2021), Robocop305 (06-23-2021)
Old 06-22-2021, 12:48 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Received 867 Likes on 412 Posts

You have very low mileage but a relatively basic spec. The cars that bring big premiums are the ones that have big options like PCCBs, full leather, FAL, PTS, etc. They bring big money because they are often bought by buyers looking for "trophy" cars. The best examples of the best car. Guys that care less about options and are looking to drive and rack up miles are usually a lot less likely to pay up. Having said all that, I do think that since it's one owner with only 8k miles and a desirable, relatively rare (on a GT3) color, $150k is probably not that much of a stretch in this market.

Last edited by 8Lug; 06-22-2021 at 12:49 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (06-23-2021)
Old 06-22-2021, 02:13 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

I agree with Burren & 8Lug.

Let's put it this way for a comparison Serpico69: My $142k MSRP spec, (Aqua Blue, PCCB, paint-to-match seat backs/console/dash, yellow stitching all the way to behind the seats, full leather, blah blah blah),... is probably (in this inflated market) worth MSRP. So sure,... ASKS may be in the $145-$150k as mentioned,... but the final price once it sells, for regular GT3's (well maintained, less than 20k miles, etc etc), are just now reaching their MSRP.

GT Silver is a fantastic color, and certainly desirable. Eric, what was the MSRP on your car?

Let's just hope none of the Gwagon guys come over here to this forum to read our thoughts on the market

Last edited by bweSteve; 06-22-2021 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-22-2021, 02:28 PM
Ikon
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 72 Posts

Let’s just say you might wait for a while. My buddy sent me this from his dealer in LA

Old 06-22-2021, 02:34 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

A year ago, this G63 was at our local Benz dealer at about $135k. My business was in the crapper and the stock market hadn't fully recovered yet. The brush bar was already removed. I wanted it badly. They do have a new one listed but it may be claimed already, https://www.mbofmarin.com/new-San+Rafael-2021-Mercedes+Benz+AMG-G+63+SUV-G+Class-W1NYC7HJ5MX398392.

Last edited by daddyscar; 06-22-2021 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-22-2021, 02:50 PM
Serpico69
Track Day

Thanks gents-good comments etc and opinions.
The MSRP on my car was $119.550.00 Ha crazy right---you can barely buy a lightly optioned Base 992 after taxes and a few small options. 992 S is around $145k. you guys know this, so this is not news and all of you are a lot more up to speed on the values etc than I am.

BTW, the genesis for my wanting a new ride and saying good bye to my GT3 is that I dont use it, it just sits there..at least the good news is that it only appreciates and not the opposite..
I want a DD that I can park my "money" and it will not lose value.

If my life depending on it. I can get $150k for my gt3. I just know I can. you guys think I am crazy but the days of $125-135 for these cars is long over.
That being said It looks like I wont be getting a g63 as the demand is crazy.

I will be patient
if I got $150k for my car, I would add $35k and get a G63 at MSRP---maybe in 2 years- i get it not now in todays market the G is not doable, unless you just sold your company to a PE group for $50MM or you are adele's manager..

Anyway, thx again fellas for the thoughts.
In closing ZI have to say my gt3 is maybe the best example in the USA and I dont think lower milage car can be found in showroom condition.
Old 06-22-2021, 02:57 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Received 867 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by Serpico69

In closing ZI have to say my gt3 is maybe the best example in the USA and I dont think lower milage car can be found in showroom condition.
Not sure about that. My GT3 has every desirable option and more, with a $150k MSRP and less miles than yours. And yes, showroom condition. I do think you can get $150k for your car. As I said in my previous post, I don't think it's that much of a stretch given the mileage, condition, and current market.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:31 PM
sbaro
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Just to throw in my anecdotal evidence, I looked at (and passed on) a silver '10 997.2 GT3 at a dealer about a month and half ago, asking was $132k. One owner, 9,000 miles. $120k MSRP, only options were sport buckets, dynamic mounts, & sport chrono. Seemed high at the time but it was snapped up within a couple of days. Still kicking myself on that one (especially because it was local), but just wasn't comfortable in the bucket seats.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:51 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,977 Likes on 1,764 Posts

I also had an opportunity to get a .2 non RS with 4 digits on the odo for a few k under 130 with PCCB's. That was a few weeks ago. I wanted the Rs so passed on the deal.
Old 06-23-2021, 01:33 AM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 463 Likes on 272 Posts

Also, I don't think anybody will sell you a G63 for MSRP just like you won't sell your GT3 for less. It makes no sense. Just keep your GT3 and put some miles on that thing. Good luck.
Old 06-23-2021, 01:48 AM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,092 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
I also had an opportunity to get a .2 non RS with 4 digits on the odo for a few k under 130 with PCCB's. That was a few weeks ago. I wanted the Rs so passed on the deal.

Yea but in all fairness, there were ten guys that wanted that car. I sent four of them to the seller and too many questions were asked I think and whatever else was going on. Then two guys that wanted to flip it reached out to me, and in the end the car would have ended up at a dealer or on BAT so I grabbed it and all in I have over $130k in it. But I took a chance and it's 100% perfect. Not a 99% car. 100% f*cking amazing with 9300 miles and PCCB's. Turned down $140k, then another Rennlister tried to tell me it was a $130k car trying to get me to cut loose with it until he figured I know my sh*t and said "yea....hold out for $150k". Hell of a nice guy though. I don't blame him for trying.

It's also GT Silver w/ PCCBs and 9300 miles on the clock. And a couple extra like Euro bumper and Sharkwerks center muffler delete, with all the original parts. EDIT: It still has the original tires which I'll leave on for now. Like the OP's car, 1 owner with everything included from day one. Every record and even the certificate of Origin. The OP's car doesn't have PCCBs and I think that's a hit, but still his car is a $140k car. Maybe $145k. But many on this forum would rather pay $125k and buy one with 25-30k miles. I'd say most Rennlisters feel that way. That's not me personally as it's worth $15-20k to get a car with low miles and no track time. To each his own.

There is something askew with the 997 GT market. The delta between GT3 and GT3RS is too wide. It should not be the $50k-$70k we see at times.

This Gwagon thing cracks me up since the two AMG cars I owned were both three years old when I bought them half price. I make good money but I'd shoot myself if I took that first three-year hit. Nothing depreciates more. And it's an SUV that unless I'm wrong is not limited production. Same sh*t Porsche manages to pull off. But if you want a powerful well-built and beautifully-appointed cruiser nothing compares. Still it baffles me how marketing happens.

Last edited by Upscale Audio; 06-23-2021 at 09:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Want to sell/trade my 997.2 GT3 for an AMG G63....>