Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

selling gt3, clear bra yellowing how much would you credit price?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 10:40 PM
998TT
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by chris_b
Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster - I have learned a lot by lurking on the site but have never had a question that I wasn't able to search and figure out. Until now. So here we go I am throwing this out to the brain trust on Rennlist for some help...

I am in the process of relocating and unfortunately that means that I am going to sell my 2007 997.1 GT3, (I am moving to a state where there is snow and it would drive me nuts to see the car sit in the garage through the winter). The car is in very good shape with low miles, (17,5xx odd miles on it). The car has never been tracked, I live in Southern California and drive the car regularly through the local canyons. I have a book with maintenance receipts as well as stamps in the factory maintenance manual from dealers who maintained the car for earlier owners. All maintenance is up to date, and has been done by Vision Motorsports since I have owned the car, I also just had the annual service done and had them run a DME report showing zero overrevs. Coolant pipes welded, no curb rash on wheels, Clean CarFax...

Hopefully you get the idea, the car is in good condition.

But there is one thing. It has a clear bra on it that covers the front spoiler, hood, and fenders that has yellowed. So I guess it is really a not so clear bra now. It is in good condition, it just has yellowed. I know that is a negative and someone will most likely want to remove it and replace it with a new one.

My question is this: if you were selling the car how much would you reduce the selling price for that?

Thanks in advance for everyones help.

Chris

pic to show the color difference.
Chris, I am very interested in your car

561 three one two 7561

Thanks
Old 05-08-2021, 10:35 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,093 Likes on 2,115 Posts

I wouldn't credit anything due to yellowing clear film.
Old 05-08-2021, 12:32 PM
my first 911
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by jmann2380
Queue 27,000 PM's asking price and wanting to buy it

Is there a thing as humblelisting a car... similar to a humblebrag???
this was my first thought as well. To be clear, I don't have an issue, just thought it was cleaver wording.
Old 05-09-2021, 01:24 AM
chris_b
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Guys,
First off, thank all of you for your input! I do really appreciate it as my first instinct was to lower the price for the yellowing clear bra, however it sounds like it won't really be much of an issue and I can work out any deals with a prospective buyer.

@RAudi Driver: I couldn't figure out how to send a pm to you to chat about the sale of your 997.1, (although I would definitely like to hear what you have to say), it looks like I need a premium membership to the site to do that? Not sure, if you know how to crack the code let me know... I know I'm a newbie at this.

@jmann2380: I get it. When I read what I wrote the first couple of times I thought the same thing, dude bragging about his car but acting like he's not... What a tool. That being said I figured the response might be different if the car was clapped out vs being in good condition so I went with the dude bragging about his car but acting like he's not angle, you called me out on it. It's all good, I called myself out for doing it as well... Oh yeah, not a single pm asking price and if was still for sale-maybe that goes back to the whole not having a premium account or something.

@998TT: I'll give you a call tomorrow and we can talk. There are two guys presently sniffing around the car that seem serious, although one was supposed to come by today but ended up not being able to make it, the other wants to come see it next week.

@silviaks: Car hasn't sold yet, see above.

Thanks again guys for your input!

Cheers,
Chris
Old 05-09-2021, 09:28 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,924 Likes on 1,731 Posts

Chris you don't need to be a member to send a pm, you just need like 3 posts on, iirc 3 different threads. Just go reply to some threads and then go look at the pm I just sent you.

The following users liked this post:
chris_b (05-09-2021)
Old 05-09-2021, 01:21 PM
Stoff
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chris_b
Hi Guys,
First off, thank all of you for your input! I do really appreciate it as my first instinct was to lower the price for the yellowing clear bra, however it sounds like it won't really be much of an issue and I can work out any deals with a prospective buyer.

@RAudi Driver: I couldn't figure out how to send a pm to you to chat about the sale of your 997.1, (although I would definitely like to hear what you have to say), it looks like I need a premium membership to the site to do that? Not sure, if you know how to crack the code let me know... I know I'm a newbie at this.

@jmann2380: I get it. When I read what I wrote the first couple of times I thought the same thing, dude bragging about his car but acting like he's not... What a tool. That being said I figured the response might be different if the car was clapped out vs being in good condition so I went with the dude bragging about his car but acting like he's not angle, you called me out on it. It's all good, I called myself out for doing it as well... Oh yeah, not a single pm asking price and if was still for sale-maybe that goes back to the whole not having a premium account or something.

@998TT: I'll give you a call tomorrow and we can talk. There are two guys presently sniffing around the car that seem serious, although one was supposed to come by today but ended up not being able to make it, the other wants to come see it next week.

@silviaks: Car hasn't sold yet, see above.

Thanks again guys for your input!

Cheers,
Chris
Hi Chris, sent you a message! Seven one three nine 6 nine nine 2 seven 5
Old 05-09-2021, 03:58 PM
chris_b
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Chris you don't need to be a member to send a pm, you just need like 3 posts on, iirc 3 different threads. Just go reply to some threads and then go look at the pm I just sent you.
Right on, Thanks again for your help!!!

Chris

Quick Reply: selling gt3, clear bra yellowing how much would you credit price?