Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Trying to trouble shoot exhaust valves

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 06:15 PM
milazzo_997tt
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Trying to trouble shoot exhaust valves

For as long as I've had my 997.1 GT3, the exhaust has always been stuck with the exhaust valves in the open position. Although this sounds great, I've always wanted to get it working right. After researching on the forum it seemed the likely culprit was one of the vacuum switches. Turns out the driver side was stuck open and the metal rod wouldn't budge. I just replaced it with a new one but now it stays in quite mode despite pressing the sport mode button on the center console. I assume there isn't a vacuum leak since the valves will close (metal rod depressed) once the car is turned on keeping the exhaust in quiet mode. Also, once the car is turned off, pressure in the system will slowly release and the valves will open like they should. How is the air released from the system when you hit 3500 rpm to allow the valves to open while accelerating? Has anyone else dealt with this issue? I know I can just unplug it and keep the valves always open but would like to get it working as intended. Thanks in advance.

Anthony

Quick Reply: Trying to trouble shoot exhaust valves