Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Best insurance carrier for agreed upon value

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 11:18 PM
Burren
Burning Brakes

Received 547 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
this ^^^ is a bit confusing to me. which is it currently? $722/yr or $361/yr? You said in your first post that it is "Agreed Value",... which would be excellent pricing IMO. But then in your second post you said $1,500/yr for GT3 "Stated Value" of $150k,.... which I did not think they allowed you to get a specific dollar amount value for your car under Stated Value. Stated Value is usually what they decide to look up in blue book & give you whatever they feel is fair at the time (in event of total loss).

I'm paying $1,200/yr for a Agreed Value of $130k with 500k limits & low deductible, and ZERO mileage restrictions. But I want my new Agreed Value to be more like $140k in this new market. Hagerty said no.

Burren, $137 / month = $1,644 / year,... for $140k Declared Value (which I believe means same as "Agreed" value). But that premium seems high. Maybe it is because you have such a high target mileage allowance?

.... seems like lots of variances between all our policies.
I'm only 39, which is probably a little younger than most of the crowd here. And, you're right, I do have a high mileage limit for the vehicle. Compared to the premiums on my M3, Hellcat, Lexus, and wife's Acura, the price is better. I thought I got an OK deal.

Honestly, I'm not sure what the differences are on "declared" versus "stated" versus "agreed". Maybe I need to do some more research on my end and maybe there's a better deal to be had? 8Lug made an interesting point that I wasn't aware of. First "collector" car for me where the market price far exceeds the book price.
Old 05-25-2021, 11:25 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by 8Lug
I was referring to Upscale Audio’s post where he mentioned stated value.
Got it, thnx.

Also, btw, Upscale Audio mentioned both Agreed as well as Stated in his post,... hence the reason for my questions in post #53
Old 05-26-2021, 01:07 AM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,087 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Got it, thnx.

Also, btw, Upscale Audio mentioned both Agreed as well as Stated in his post,... hence the reason for my questions in post #53

Thanks. I'll get clarity on that.
Old 05-26-2021, 01:27 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,927 Likes on 1,733 Posts

Originally Posted by 8Lug
That's who I use as well and have 4 cars insured with them. I'm certainly paying more than $150/yr for my GT3. Will have to call them tomorrow.
Liberty Biberty. Only pay for what you need. I only have 1,000 mile annual allowance for the GT3 and the RS4.

Quick Reply: Best insurance carrier for agreed upon value