Purchased .2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 03:18 AM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 488 Likes on 226 Posts
Default Purchased .2 GT3

Hello,
I have pm'd with a few members about cars, but wanted to see if anyone has a .2 GT3 that they want to sell?
Preferred colors are white, grey, silver, blue, red. No black simply because I have a keep forever car that is already black.
Would be most interested in cars on the West Coast + Nevada, Utah, AZ, CO, but I can ship from farther locations.
Ideal car would be lower miles original owner. Also open to cars that did the backseat conversion and any type of duck-tail conversion.
Currently I have a 19 Carrera T with 9k miles, that I will sell after I buy the right car, but if anyone was open to a trade that would be great.
Thanks!!

Last edited by seis-speed; 06-12-2020 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:23 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

interesting that you are moving from a '19 T to a 997.2 / 3. I've spent time lurking in the T sub-forum, trying to understand the lure, attraction and desire for the T, and although I've never driven one, I still to this day have a hard time buying into that variation.

Anyway, I for one, think you're making the right move, and hopefully you've driven one already, and been bitten by the Motorsport Mezger bug.

Mine is not for sale, but with the limited requirements list you've given it should not be hard to find one that is already for sale. Although you did say low mileage (which in this sub forum translates to less than 10k miles!!), as well as asking for a "one owner" is going to put you into slim pickings territory. When I was looking 3 years ago (& bought 2 years ago), most I found that fit my own personal demands, had moved from owner to owner as an investment. And the 10k pristine example in a rare color that I bought ended up having 4 owners before me (1 was a Lambo dealership that just let it sit in their showroom for a few months).

Anyway,... even though you did not ask for advice, my only comment would be that # of owners is safe to let fall much lower on your demand list. You'll find the perfect car regardless of how many times it has changed hands.

sorry to read about your Achilles & issues with a heavy clutch. You might be better off with a 991.2 Touring, especially since you prefer a duck tail (or maybe no wing at all). But I'm sure you've already considered that car too, and have your reasons for not wanting to stay in the 991 model.

Have fun with the search!
=Steve
Old 06-11-2020, 01:31 PM
seis-speed
Pro

Originally Posted by bweSteve
interesting that you are moving from a '19 T to a 997.2 / 3. I've spent time lurking in the T sub-forum, trying to understand the lure, attraction and desire for the T, and although I've never driven one, I still to this day have a hard time buying into that variation.

Anyway, I for one, think you're making the right move, and hopefully you've driven one already, and been bitten by the Motorsport Mezger bug.

Mine is not for sale, but with the limited requirements list you've given it should not be hard to find one that is already for sale. Although you did say low mileage (which in this sub forum translates to less than 10k miles!!), as well as asking for a "one owner" is going to put you into slim pickings territory. When I was looking 3 years ago (& bought 2 years ago), most I found that fit my own personal demands, had moved from owner to owner as an investment. And the 10k pristine example in a rare color that I bought ended up having 4 owners before me (1 was a Lambo dealership that just let it sit in their showroom for a few months).

Anyway,... even though you did not ask for advice, my only comment would be that # of owners is safe to let fall much lower on your demand list. You'll find the perfect car regardless of how many times it has changed hands.

sorry to read about your Achilles & issues with a heavy clutch. You might be better off with a 991.2 Touring, especially since you prefer a duck tail (or maybe no wing at all). But I'm sure you've already considered that car too, and have your reasons for not wanting to stay in the 991 model.

Have fun with the search!
=Steve
Thanks Steve for the input. I do appreciate it.
I love my Carrera T to be honest and for a new car with a backseat it was the best option, I like the community of people who the T appeals to and the entire concept, I am a huge fan. If I do not find a car, I will be happy to keep it. Anyone looking for a one solution 911, I can't recommend enough. Just two days ago, I took my kids to the dentist and on the way home hit the back-roads, the exact purpose for that car, IMO.

But, when I bought it, I bought it to drive to work everyday and drive 10k miles a year,....
Since then I have redone my garage added a lift and added a couple more vehicles including a Golf R that is pretty fun for day to day use you shift all the time and I love that, so then I started to think about a GT car, 991.2, GT4, or 997.2 or even an older 911. I had even considered buying a manual M3 and doing a Wagon conversion. Just sort of itching to do something. It is a sickness.....

As to the 997, I just like the size and looks, I drove a 991.2 Touring and liked it, but it looks huge to me, much more than my T, I am not sure what it is, and maybe it is only me, but it just feels big and something that would need to be driven fast to have fun. For context my favorite car is my 1M BMW which is similar in size to an E30, it is small, nimble, hydraulic steering, handbrake and a total blast at any speed.

Anyway, on the hunt and will see what happens.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:52 PM
seis-speed
Pro

Success!

Thanks for all the reached out.

I will post details once I get the car delivered and have a good drive in it.

Old 06-12-2020, 12:08 AM
GM.RS
Rennlist Member

Received 319 Likes on 118 Posts

WTB to Bought in < 24hrs? Congrats!
The following 2 users liked this post by GM.RS:
86 3point2 (06-12-2020), seis-speed (06-12-2020)
Old 06-12-2020, 08:42 PM
seis-speed
Pro

Originally Posted by GM.RS
WTB to Bought in < 24hrs? Congrats!
Thanks!
Old 06-13-2020, 03:11 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 491 Likes on 289 Posts

GL - sounds like shopping for a unicorn!

low mile, orig owner, back seat and ducktail

if you find one, i def want to see it - have fun w/the search
Old 06-13-2020, 07:54 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,279 Likes on 591 Posts
Default Previous CT owner... to 997.2 GT3 RS

Congratulations, from one previous T-owner and now a 997.2 GT3 (RS) owner, to another. Well done on going back in time, into one of the last truly analogue Porsches.

I get the appeal of the T - a small revy engive that you have to work it to get it to go, a great exterior color combo with the Agate Grey accent side mirrors, wheels, and rear engine cover. And had I mine for just less than a year and just shy of 9000 miles (14,000 Kms). I had fun but tired of the size, the e-brake, nannies, default auto-off bs, the slightly vague 7-speed PDK converted to a MT, and it's attempt to be a junior GT car. It's a GREAT Porsche, but it's not a GT car. It just isn't

My story goes back 4 years ago driving a 7.2 GT3 RS and getting bittn' by the GT bug. Argggh! 4 itchy years later, just a month ago I sold the CT and the Gen-1 Spyder I had.

After the T, you will be incredibly impressed with yours. These are fantastic pinnacles of engineering achievement.

Again, congrats. And post some pics!

Old 06-13-2020, 11:01 PM
cosmer
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by siete-speed
Hello,
I have pm'd with a few members about cars, but wanted to see if anyone has a .2 GT3 that they want to sell?
Preferred colors are white, grey, silver, blue, red. No black simply because I have a keep forever car that is already black.
Would be most interested in cars on the West Coast + Nevada, Utah, AZ, CO, but I can ship from farther locations.
Ideal car would be lower miles original owner. Also open to cars that did the backseat conversion and any type of duck-tail conversion.
Currently I have a 19 Carrera T with 9k miles, that I will sell after I buy the right car, but if anyone was open to a trade that would be great.
Thanks!!
I have a 2011 GT3 in white I was a just about to list for sale.

The following users liked this post:
CT944 (06-14-2020)
Old 06-14-2020, 02:45 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 491 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmer

cuanto?
Old 06-14-2020, 02:46 PM
CT944
Drifting

Received 158 Likes on 111 Posts

Very nice!
Old 06-15-2020, 02:25 AM
seis-speed
Pro

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
GL - sounds like shopping for a unicorn!

low mile, orig owner, back seat and ducktail

if you find one, i def want to see it - have fun w/the search
I was open to all of it, not necessary to have it all. I found a good car.

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Congratulations, from one previous T-owner and now a 997.2 GT3 (RS) owner, to another. Well done on going back in time, into one of the last truly analogue Porsches.

I get the appeal of the T - a small revy engive that you have to work it to get it to go, a great exterior color combo with the Agate Grey accent side mirrors, wheels, and rear engine cover. And had I mine for just less than a year and just shy of 9000 miles (14,000 Kms). I had fun but tired of the size, the e-brake, nannies, default auto-off bs, the slightly vague 7-speed PDK converted to a MT, and it's attempt to be a junior GT car. It's a GREAT Porsche, but it's not a GT car. It just isn't

My story goes back 4 years ago driving a 7.2 GT3 RS and getting bittn' by the GT bug. Argggh! 4 itchy years later, just a month ago I sold the CT and the Gen-1 Spyder I had.

After the T, you will be incredibly impressed with yours. These are fantastic pinnacles of engineering achievement.

Again, congrats. And post some pics!
I corresponded with you a little last year...I noticed you made the move and read some of your posts. I am going to PM you.

Originally Posted by cosmer
I already purchased a car. Yours looks great!
Old 06-19-2020, 02:05 PM
silviaks
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by siete-speed
I already purchased a car. Yours looks great!
I'm interested in your thoughts between the 2 cars, I've been thinking MAY BE having back seats would be nice for the kids haha ....

Quick Reply: Purchased .2 GT3