Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Does anyone make a good .1 RS deck lid and wing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 09:49 PM
gt2-josh
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

My first attempt was PMNA Cup. Needs lots of prep but OEM. Next was the FVD setup. Unreal quality. Zero prep other than primer. However the same issues the original poster described. The all OEM street setup is my favorite option. It cost me a bunch of money to come to that conclusion. Save dough and do it right the first time. You will also need to change your intake and filler panel. Lots of dough. Finally decide what wing blade you want to run. If you have an RS then Gerts Hybrid setup is a steal. JBO PS Now is the time to brighten up the engine bay. I have the Manthey Racing carbon airbox. The factory carbon box is 7500 shipped. Insane....
The following users liked this post:
bsquare (02-28-2020)
Old 02-29-2020, 12:27 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboTim14
I want to add the RS decklid and top wing in carbon to my 997.1 gt3. Anyone out there make a good one? I have seen Getty/MAShaw makes one. Is it any good? FVD also has one, but due to copy laws it is not like OEM exactly. I have seen the Cup wing setups but that is a bit much for my street car. Any recommendations or info is appreciated. Any one have pics of the Getty/MA shaw up close?
Scan auto in vancouver have a real one for sale.
it is currently white. If you have a white car, this is for you.

https://scanautomotive.com

Old 02-29-2020, 10:32 AM
gt2-josh
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Awesome lead. This happens maybe once a year. If it's super expensive there is an orange decklid only on eBay; the seller has the wing also. Jump on it. JBO

Quick Reply: Does anyone make a good .1 RS deck lid and wing?