SOFTRONIC IS NOW ON RENNLIST

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 07:45 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 167 Likes on 91 Posts

That is correct on the choice and E85 was introduced as far back as 2008 in the series. Do note that they are also made for running it in not just by the tuning with injectors and fuel delivery etc yet also in the construction of the engines. So an E85 car would have different mechanical specs also compared to a E10 or E20 car in the metals with coating , hoses, fittings and pipes. Basically one shouldn't just use E85 in any car even with tuning for it.. This is not to say people do not use it in street cars its just a matter should it be used without making changes to allow its use safely compared to race cars or flex fuel cars that are set up for it..
will see if I can locate the does and donts on using E85 with certain metals etc
Like us on Facebook for updates and promos

24HRS Daytona Winners programmed by Softronic!

Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.

Old 02-10-2020, 08:49 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 449 Likes on 315 Posts

In Brazil, by 1980 the first E100 cars were made available-the first cars to roll out had quite a few issues, especially the carbureted ones. For cold starts, there was a small tank with regular gasoline that the driver had to keep filled, switched off once the engine was warmed up. Exhausts, fuel lines, carbs and later injectors(there were quite a few factory cars with carbs in 1980 in Brazil)had corrosion issues from the alcohol- The government started planning for 100% alcohol option around 1975, and by the 80s almost all gas stations already had E100(and still currently do)
I think Brazil is the only country that has E100 available everywhere. 100% alcohol cars were produced up to 2002, then Flex fuel cars were introduced in 2003, so one could mix as much gas and alcohol depending on price and availability since fuel prices fluctuate. Flex fuel cars in the US are meant for E85 since stations here don't have E100
I'd like to run E85 on my Audi S3, I think JB4 piggyback has maps for it.

For the GT3, there are some threads on rennlist, some guys have been running it but so far for me it's been mere curiosity. From what I recall they claimed tank, lines injectors etc could handle it but long term use analysis would be the way to evaluate I suppose-there's E85 3 blocks down the street so no issues filling up

Thanks for the discussion/input
JB
Old 02-10-2020, 09:05 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks for the info on the Brazilian cars, I didnt know that and found it very interesting.
The tank and lines are OK except for the rubber one on the engine for some cross overs to the rails in 4-6. The injectors depend on the power output and size as E85 requires about 20% more fuel than Gasoline. The Turbos would generally get larger injectors since they cant handle the fuel load and would require more than 100% of the stock ones. This brings us back to the DFI cars and the injector and pump supply.

Best,
Scott

Last edited by Softronic; 02-12-2020 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Using a 4k 32" screen for posts lol
Old 02-10-2020, 11:18 PM
jdubdds24
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

just purchased a tune for my 997.2, I'll let everyone know how it goes. If I want pops and bangs, is that organic to the tune or something i have to request be added?
Old 02-10-2020, 11:23 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jdubdds24
just purchased a tune for my 997.2, I'll let everyone know how it goes. If I want pops and bangs, is that organic to the tune or something i have to request be added?
Just requests it when you send us the read out and we will send you a file with that added feature along with one also without if you like in case its to much for you .
Old 02-14-2020, 04:00 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thumbs up

Hello All,
Do to a mistake on our part the coupon expired yesterday so some people were not able to use it. We have changed the end date to Feb 17, 2020 to allow those to be able to purchase over the weekend .

Best,
Scott
The following users liked this post:
LCNM997.1 (02-14-2020)
Old 02-15-2020, 12:10 PM
Elfer1
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello All,
Do to a mistake on our part the coupon expired yesterday so some people were not able to use it. We have changed the end date to Feb 17, 2020 to allow those to be able to purchase over the weekend .

Best,
Scott
Scott,

What’s the process for reversing the tune and going back to stock settings?
Old 02-15-2020, 06:36 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Elfer1
Scott,

What’s the process for reversing the tune and going back to stock settings?
Hello,
You just either use the file your read out that you sent to us for tuning or if a handheld its already on it. The 987.1 or the 997.1 2005-2008 cars excluding the TT I have to make it as you cant read out the full file. Generally speaking there is no need to go to an original as the Tuned file is just an alteration of an original and it still has all the diagnostics and emissions intact. Basically like a GT3 to RS in difference as one would have more power yet it in the tuning from the factory or like a TT or TTS as examples.

Best,
Scott

Best,
Scott

Last edited by Softronic; 02-15-2020 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Added clarification
Old 02-16-2020, 10:56 AM
Elfer1
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello,
You just either use the file your read out that you sent to us for tuning or if a handheld its already on it. The 987.1 or the 997.1 2005-2008 cars excluding the TT I have to make it as you cant read out the full file. Generally speaking there is no need to go to an original as the Tuned file is just an alteration of an original and it still has all the diagnostics and emissions intact. Basically like a GT3 to RS in difference as one would have more power yet it in the tuning from the factory or like a TT or TTS as examples.

Best,
Scott

Best,
Scott
I just know how picky buyers of these cars can be (myself included), and it’s very important that I can take the car completely back to stock if I need to - without a great degree of difficulty.

Another question I have is how the tune will be affected by exhaust modifications (center pipe delete in my case)? I’m seriously considering one of your tunes as I have a couple friends who have had good things to say, but would like a bit more info.

Is the 20% off still valid if I place the order tomorrow?
Old 02-16-2020, 05:33 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Elfer1
I just know how picky buyers of these cars can be (myself included), and it’s very important that I can take the car completely back to stock if I need to - without a great degree of difficulty.

Another question I have is how the tune will be affected by exhaust modifications (center pipe delete in my case)? I’m seriously considering one of your tunes as I have a couple friends who have had good things to say, but would like a bit more info.

Is the 20% off still valid if I place the order tomorrow?
Hello,
Yes the sale is on until tomorrow . The tune isn't affected by the exhaust short of its more of the exhaust being more or less efficient than whats on the car. This would also apply to any aftermarket one to another. We do not sell or recommend X pipe systems for NA cars that share the exhaust as it will cause a loss of HP and the inability of the tuning to fix. Systems that are x pipe yet dont share it or separate delete pipes are all ok though.
Old 02-16-2020, 11:02 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Can you expand some more on that? I have the FVD/M&M center bypass, and it does not connect between each side. Some center deletes do connect between both sides, and then there is the X Pipe
Here's the one I have, and I use the stock tips:

Old 02-17-2020, 02:08 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,714 Posts

I've got an X Pipe set up. Is blocking off the X section going to yield me more power? I have yet to install a tune on this but am searching for the best tune.

Old 02-17-2020, 03:28 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

I haven't seen a setup like yours, who makes it?
Old 02-17-2020, 01:49 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,714 Posts

Brombacher. This is the system

https://www.fvd.net/us-en/BES9971526...r-exit-ti.html

This is the system with the RS tips:

https://www.fvd.net/us-en/BES9971026...tyle-tips.html

Here's the great thing. I had my car stock, then installed an RSS center delete, then about 6 months later developed a RMS leak. Not a bad leak but a few drops on the garage floor after every drive. Went and pulled that center delete and installed this full system and the leak is no longer present. This has been on the car for some time now and still not a drop anywhere under the car.

Was always skeptical when the service advisors were telling GT owners that their center delete pipe was the cause of their leak.
Old 02-17-2020, 02:32 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JB911
Can you expand some more on that? I have the FVD/M&M center bypass, and it does not connect between each side. Some center deletes do connect between both sides, and then there is the X Pipe
Here's the one I have, and I use the stock tips:
The intake operates in charging pulses in the NA horizontally opposed engine not a continual flow as most think. The pulses can generate a resonance in which causes the intake to loose its efficiency hence of why there are resonance flaps in the intake to now make the intake more efficient again and not loose HP in the process. This was first started by Porsche in the 964. Since the intake cant be completely divided in this design the forward section of the plenum should be a T or straight through so that the charging pulse and straight through section counteracts it. This is similar as why the 993 NA has 2 plug system as an example. Should one plug only fire the shock wave goes across the piston and what you hear is detonation when it hits the other side of the cylinder. When both plugs fire at the same time the 2 shock waves hit each other head on and there is no detonation heard.

Now the same pulse is generated in the exhaust and if the gasses are combined the pulses hit each other causing the same loss of efficiency in the exhaust. Think of the pulse as a dashed line and the dashes hit each other head on at the gas combine area as the RPM's are increased they will eventually mis each other however the engine cant fully overcome its losses for the rest of its RPM range. Now if you move the combine area at the exhaust tip area it doesn't affect it in the same way like how the Cayman, Boxsters are as it can freely exit the tip instead of working against each other..

Best,
Scott

Last edited by Softronic; 02-17-2020 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Text

Quick Reply: SOFTRONIC IS NOW ON RENNLIST