SOFTRONIC IS NOW ON RENNLIST

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 06:28 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 315 Posts

>>https://www.fvd.net/us-en/BES9971526...r-exit-ti.html

FVD has a lot of exhaust options, hard to keep up with all the choices

I've had the FVD center delete for many years and no effect on engine seal or oil leaks. The reasons given for leaking seals as far as I remember, is cars that don't get driven and sit around. I remember you posted about it on another thread, but I can't think a center delete would cause it to leak-had to be something else(?)

Just got a set of TPC valved side deletes to go with my FVD center, it will be loud
Old 02-17-2020, 07:58 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 181 Likes on 95 Posts

Typically 911 or even 928,944 and others that sit can lead to RMS dripping. Another is excessive crankcase pressure or in the M96 or M97 engines it was actually the crankshaft moving....
Like us on Facebook for updates and promos

24HRS Daytona Winners programmed by Softronic!

Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.

Old 02-17-2020, 11:08 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,927 Likes on 1,733 Posts

Originally Posted by JB911
>>https://www.fvd.net/us-en/BES9971526...r-exit-ti.html

FVD has a lot of exhaust options, hard to keep up with all the choices

I've had the FVD center delete for many years and no effect on engine seal or oil leaks. The reasons given for leaking seals as far as I remember, is cars that don't get driven and sit around. I remember you posted about it on another thread, but I can't think a center delete would cause it to leak-had to be something else(?)

Just got a set of TPC valved side deletes to go with my FVD center, it will be loud

My thoughts exactly also. It's just that car leaked, then installed the system and the car stopped leaking. Don't drive the car any more or less, maybe a little less as I've been busy with family on the weekends.

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 01-06-2021 at 12:24 AM.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:31 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The Vendor discount is ending today and no exceptions and Thank You to all that placed orders.

Best,
Scott.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:03 AM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
I've got an X Pipe set up. Is blocking off the X section going to yield me more power? I have yet to install a tune on this but am searching for the best tune.
I made a post at #30 that should have answered your question and you own a Cayenne also? You can still call with your questions if you want in the future.

Best,
Scott
Old 03-07-2020, 03:27 PM
Milo2361
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Scott,

Shot you a PM with questions specific to my mods. Looking forward to hearing from you
Old 03-12-2020, 02:48 AM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Great and you should have retrieved my reply .

Best,
Scott
Old 01-04-2021, 11:11 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

I'm still curious about Scott's response about using X pipes on NA engines on post #25:
>> We do not sell or recommend X pipe systems for NA cars that share the exhaust as it will cause a loss of HP and the inability of the tuning to fix. Systems that are x pipe yet dont share it or separate delete pipes are all ok though.

I recall the X pipe somewhat, and I
believe some are still manufactured. And most center delete pipes are designed with a small section that communicates between the two sections. My M&M/FVD does not have a connecting section between the two sides. The Sharkwerks has a rectangular bar between the two sections, but I can't tell if it's just reinforcement or if exhaust gases run through it(?)

Scott wrote some more to explain the exhaust pulses but I'm still not sure if center deletes that connect both sides create a problem.
The Supercup exhaust does not connect both sides:

And the 2020 RSR ended up with completely separate exhausts, ahead of the rear wheels, and unfortunately was the worse sounding RSR ever(sorry, they sound like a vuvuzela or something)
It seems like at the end of 2020 Porsche abandoned this design and is going back to the rear exit design

Any more info on this much appreciated. I installed Soul valved side deletes and kept my M&M/FVD center bypass, so in essence I have a valved Supercup setup

I will also consider the Softronic tune in the future

Thanks
JB
Old 01-05-2021, 08:43 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by JB911
I'm still curious about Scott's response about using X pipes on NA engines on post #25:

The Sharkwerks has a rectangular bar between the two sections, but I can't tell if it's just reinforcement or if exhaust gases run through it(?)

Any more info on this much appreciated. I installed Soul valved side deletes and kept my M&M/FVD center bypass, so in essence I have a valved Supercup setup
JB
sharkwerks bar is support like a buttress. No gas flow.
I talked to Kevin at UMw - who does custom tuning for turbo cars... said it wasn’t worth the effort on 3.8 RS. Maybe if your headers etc cause a cel....
Old 01-05-2021, 10:44 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

I'm not having any issues at all, nor a cel with my setup. Ive had the M&M center for 7 years and added the side deletes do drop weight and get more sound. I was looking into E-85 and read Softronic's posts with curiosity since at some point around 2015 the GTLM cars were running cellulose E-85. But I guess that was short lived-
But Scott said it isn't recommended running E-85 even though the car is mostly capable of being converted, but not 100%. At some point Cobb did have a map for the 997.1 GT3, but not for the 997.2.

I gave up the E-85 idea, but was intrigued by the X pipe comment he posted.
The RSRs from 2017-2019 had the separate pipes in the diffusor area and then changed to the side of the car ahead of the rear tires, which was a horrible sound but they did it for aerodynamics. So it seems the RSRs were using the separate pipes for some time, the Cup uses a Cup rear muffler or the Supercup from the pics I posted, which does not connect left and right pipes.

I wasn't sure the Sharkwerks center had gases flowing through and if that bar is just reinforcement-thanks for confirming. That explains why the sound is similar to my M&M center, the dimensions seem to be more or less the same.

Here's the GT3R exhaust, form the Albert Motorsport site:

https://9lf.de/gb/exhaust/1797-991-g...rsche-911.html

They do have quite a few other options for 997 and 991 on their site-
Old 01-05-2021, 12:56 PM
Burren
Burning Brakes

Received 547 Likes on 258 Posts

I guess I don't understand the logic for NOT having an X-pipe on a GT3. All other cars with two banks of cylinders benefit from it, so why not this one?
Old 01-05-2021, 08:50 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

In the last few years, the RSR exhaust was changed quite a bit-from separate but center rear, then separate rear below the taillights, then separate side ahead of rear wheels-

Center:

Rear below taillights-seems they were trying to keep it quieter for Daytona?

And I think this was the best sounding center version:
The following 2 users liked this post by JB911:
catdog2 (04-15-2021), Saltybrad (02-25-2021)
Old 04-11-2021, 02:24 AM
IrishLegend
Three Wheelin'

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jdubdds24
just purchased a tune for my 997.2, I'll let everyone know how it goes. If I want pops and bangs, is that organic to the tune or something i have to request be added?
so...how did the tune go?
Old 04-15-2021, 03:16 PM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Received 666 Likes on 361 Posts

Thought I'd chime in, purchased Softronic tune for my 991.1 TT after a number of helpful conversations with Scott and I have been extremely happy with it.
I removed it back to stock because of going in for service and couldn't wait to put it back on, I had forgotten how much it had transformed the car into a veritable BEAST!!!
The throttle response is eons better than stock and the car build boost and sounds so much better than stock, even on stock exhaust...
Gets to 15 psi (12 stock) on normal and 17-18 in sport (15 stock) and car has an amazing steady quick build up of a wave of torque it's delicious to drive. Very nice to drive in traffic and everywhere else, I actually look forward to my commute...
So A+ to Scott... I am a big fan of his work... next step may be better intercoolers?

Last edited by catdog2; 04-15-2021 at 03:18 PM.

Quick Reply: SOFTRONIC IS NOW ON RENNLIST