7.1 GT3 Market Prices

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 12:57 PM
haripin
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by voodoo
After 3-5 years of ownership you will not want to sell it

That’s the best answer and the one I care most about hearing!
Old 07-03-2019, 01:14 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 62 Posts

Did someone say Meteor Grey? Not for sale . . . at the moment.

When I think of GT3 future values, I always think of what e30 M3's are going for. From what I've causally looked up 4578, 997.1&997.2's were made world wide and 4996 US e30 M3's were made. I've been checking enthusiastauto.com's listings over the years and they are asking $75k+ for 90k+ mileage M3's. I also think about this as I'm just about to break the 40k mi mark on my GT3. I just need to drive it more.

http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?f...1D=18&1574_0=1

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...n-numbers.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M3

The following users liked this post:
haripin (07-03-2019)
Old 07-03-2019, 01:22 PM
haripin
Instructor

Originally Posted by daddyscar
Did someone say Meteor Grey? Not for sale . . . at the moment.

When I think of GT3 future values, I always think of what e30 M3's are going for. From what I've causally looked up 4578, 997.1&997.2's were made world wide and 4996 US e30 M3's were made. I've been checking enthusiastauto.com's listings over the years and they are asking $75k+ for 90k+ mileage M3's. I also think about this as I'm just about to break the 40k mi mark on my GT3. I just need to drive it more.

http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?f...1D=18&1574_0=1

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...n-numbers.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M3

Beauty. Looking forward to when my 7.1 finds me
The following users liked this post:
daddyscar (07-03-2019)
Old 07-03-2019, 01:31 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Your car is really nice and super clean but it's far from unmodified which can detract value from some buyers. If you like the parts then 80 is a steal.
It is back to full 997.1 stock
Old 07-03-2019, 02:21 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by RossP
Based on the above criteria you are looking at 80-90k in terms of value.

3-5 years out I think you can count on it holding its value but not doing much in the way of gaining value.
this - absolutely

I see Spyders asking $90K+ and even at 8 years newer, i'm gonna keep my GT3 (61K mile / high MSRP / PCCB / looker - despite an offer of $70K for it)

hell, even crappy new cars (that are gonna depreciate and drop like a rock) going for $50K, $70K....you kidding me, my GT3 driver will be a keeper for now and driven as it should be. Likely still the same value in another 5-10 years

The car you mention above - likely $80K to $85K

my experience w/P-cars (911s) you can assume easily up to 200K miles
Old 07-03-2019, 02:33 PM
haripin
Instructor

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
this - absolutely

I see Spyders asking $90K+ and even at 8 years newer, i'm gonna keep my GT3 (61K mile / high MSRP / PCCB / looker - despite an offer of $70K for it)

hell, even crappy new cars (that are gonna depreciate and drop like a rock) going for $50K, $70K....you kidding me, my GT3 driver will be a keeper for now and driven as it should be. Likely still the same value in another 5-10 years

The car you mention above - likely $80K to $85K

my experience w/P-cars (911s) you can assume easily up to 200K miles
Thank you, very helpful!

Any tips on when to buy? And where to find besides RL, CG, BAT, Autotrader ...
Old 07-03-2019, 03:07 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 506 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by haripin
Thank you, very helpful!

Any tips on when to buy? And where to find besides RL, CG, BAT, Autotrader ...
Doug at Switchcars
Old 07-03-2019, 03:31 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,965 Likes on 2,044 Posts

Really depends how clean it is. You mentioned clean DME, but does it have paint work, does it have rock chips, does it have a clear bra, what options are on it? If you are buying from Switchcars, all of his 997.1 GT3's are going to be upper $80s to $100k. That is because he buys the best of the best and you are going to get a car that is going to work out of the box. You could buy a 30k mile example that has seen track time and needs work to get it back up to ready to enjoy condition including brakes, tires and a major service and you are going to be looking at $5k or more to do that. So that $85k example might turn into a $90k example. Also keep in mind color matters as does options. If it is Atlas gray, it is going to go for probably $10k more than a white one. I haven't seen 997.1 GT3's with 30k miles though selling for $80k. $85k maybe, depending on what they need, but most are going to be right around $90k for a nice one.

Who knows what is going to happen with the market. The economy could tank, Porsche could release another NA 4.0L GT3 with a manual again and further drive down all GT3 prices. Or they could release a turbo one, or one with a less desirable engine and prices stay steady. The bottom of the market for these cars was $70k, 8 years ago.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:13 PM
haripin
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Really depends how clean it is. You mentioned clean DME, but does it have paint work, does it have rock chips, does it have a clear bra, what options are on it? If you are buying from Switchcars, all of his 997.1 GT3's are going to be upper $80s to $100k. That is because he buys the best of the best and you are going to get a car that is going to work out of the box. You could buy a 30k mile example that has seen track time and needs work to get it back up to ready to enjoy condition including brakes, tires and a major service and you are going to be looking at $5k or more to do that. So that $85k example might turn into a $90k example. Also keep in mind color matters as does options. If it is Atlas gray, it is going to go for probably $10k more than a white one. I haven't seen 997.1 GT3's with 30k miles though selling for $80k. $85k maybe, depending on what they need, but most are going to be right around $90k for a nice one.

Who knows what is going to happen with the market. The economy could tank, Porsche could release another NA 4.0L GT3 with a manual again and further drive down all GT3 prices. Or they could release a turbo one, or one with a less desirable engine and prices stay steady. The bottom of the market for these cars was $70k, 8 years ago.
Thanks and good advice. Spoke with Doug, he offered to help find me a car for $1000 fee. Was not initially interested in that ...

Last edited by haripin; 07-04-2019 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:18 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Thanks and good advice. Spoke with Doug, he offered to help find me a car for $1000 fee. Not really interested in that ...
That's understandable, the one thing I would ask him is if he is willing to help you find a car for that fee, but find you a car in your price range. So let's say you are willing to spend $85k on a car, can he find you one for $84k that you would be interested in and then paying him the extra fee to get the car you want. I live locally, so I know him on somewhat of a personal level from talking with him and going to his shop, so I guess you could say I am slightly biased. The access that he has is to a group of people that already have GT3's, that he sold to, which he can ask if they are willing to sell. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't, but these are cars that normally would be off the market and that you wouldn't find without someone like him in the middle helping you find the car. If you are patient though, which I am guessing you are, finding a 997.1 GT3 with 30-40k miles in good condition for mid $80s should not be a problem at all, especially if you are ready to buy when the right one comes up.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:29 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Thanks and good advice. Spoke with Doug, he offered to help find me a car for $1000 fee. Not really interested in that ...
Sounds cheap to me. He'll more than pay for it. Im guessing he's doing that just as a way to have u as a potential future client; not for the 1k. I wouldn't help u find one for 1k. I know a lot of Gt3 owners and I know a fraction of the fraction Doug knows.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:49 PM
haripin
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Sounds cheap to me. He'll more than pay for it. Im guessing he's doing that just as a way to have u as a potential future client; not for the 1k. I wouldn't help u find one for 1k. I know a lot of Gt3 owners and I know a fraction of the fraction Doug knows.
Look I get the utility. I actually spoke with him and he seems like a great guy so I may end up retaining him.

But if I knew someone who was looking for a gt3 and I happened to also know of someone looking to sell I would connect them without a fee. It’s good karma.

But I get that this is his business. I respect that.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:51 PM
haripin
Instructor

That's understandable, the one thing I would ask him is if he is willing to help you find a car for that fee, but find you a car in your price range. So let's say you are willing to spend $85k on a car, can he find you one for $84k that you would be interested in and then paying him the extra fee to get the car you want. I live locally, so I know him on somewhat of a personal level from talking with him and going to his shop, so I guess you could say I am slightly biased. The access that he has is to a group of people that already have GT3's, that he sold to, which he can ask if they are willing to sell. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't, but these are cars that normally would be off the market and that you wouldn't find without someone like him in the middle helping you find the car. If you are patient though, which I am guessing you are, finding a 997.1 GT3 with 30-40k miles in good condition for mid $80s should not be a problem at all, especially if you are ready to buy when the right one comes up.
Thanks, as mentioned he sounds like a great guy who would be helpful. And I’m not trying to get in the way of someone making a couple of bucks — everyone has to eat.

I am patient but I am also ready to pull the trigger if I found the right one, no doubts about it.

Just looking for that stock Meteor grey gt3 with 20-30k on it and a clean DME.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:54 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Thanks, as mentioned he sounds like a great guy who would be helpful. And I’m not trying to get in the way of someone making a couple of bucks — everyone has to eat.

I am patient but I am also ready to pull the trigger if I found the right one, no doubts about it.

Just looking for that stock Meteor grey gt3 with 20-30k on it and a clean DME.
One is off the market that I know of, but for sale and is around $100k, I think should have sub 20k miles.

The other is this one, an old Switchcars car, just under 20k miles, and $100k.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
Old 07-03-2019, 05:03 PM
haripin
Instructor

One is off the market that I know of, but for sale and is around $100k, I think should have sub 20k miles.

The other is this one, an old Switchcars car, just under 20k miles, and $100k.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
Thanks. Came across that one yesterday or today.

Quick Reply: 7.1 GT3 Market Prices