Old 03-14-2019, 03:23 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 977 Likes on 542 Posts
Default Antigravity Lithium-Ion Battery- Latest Model

Hi all,

Scott from Antigravity Batteries, I wanted to drop some information on our NEWEST Lithium Batteries... yes they are actually ground-breaking.

– We wanted to make the new battery accessible for more Vehicles and Customers. We found many people just wanted the EXACT SIZE that fit in their car. So that is what we did, the new batteries are a DIRECT OEM FIT. Meaning it is the same size as your stock battery, so you will not need a special tray or any other adapters or modifications to mount them. Being this is a GT3 Forum you guys will mostly ever be concerned with the H6/Group48 size battery. So we did that size and also the H5 and H7. Plus we will have Group 35 ,and Group 51 and expand out from there. But the "H" sizes are used in most all the Porsches, and other Euro Sports Cars including BMW, Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc.... so these will fit them all.

– We have also made the batteries available in different amp hours. The Amp Hours Capacities available for the H6/Group48 model are 24Ah, 30Ah, and 40Ah. By offering different amp hours the Customer can choose a battery that is more tailored to what they are looking for. For example people who track and want the lightest weight possible might want the 24Ah (9.5lbs), a person who wants to have a solid Ah yet still benefit substantially from Lightweight can go with a 30Ah (11.5lbs) and a person who might have some Cameras, Radar Detectors and other stuff on the Car might want a 40Ah Battery (16lbs) TT Guys or SUV guys. Keep in mind if you use a 24Ah battery you will not have as much time that the car can sit in storage compared to a 40Ah model.

– SUPER COOL GROUND BREAKING NEW FEATURE ALERT!!! So one of the ULTRA-COOL items we developed into this latest battery (yep, first in the world) is a WIRELESS KEYFOB REMOTE that is used to operate our RE-START built in Jump-Starting feature. If you are not familiar with our RE-START feature, its basically a built-in jump starting for the battery, so in the event you ever come back to a dead battery you can awaken the battery with the Keyfob and start the car and drive off. So in effect you would never be stranded with a dead battery. Also NOTE: WITH THIS KEYFOB, YOU WON"T EVER BE LOCKED OUT OF YOUR FRUNK AGAIN! You don't have to go the Fuse Panel and energize the car to open the frunk, with the new Keyfob just press the button on the Keyfob, the Battery then awakens and energizes your car to be ready for a Start or you can just open the Frunk.

- Weight of the Batteries H6/Group48 Case @24Ah is 9.8 lbs , H6/Group48 Case @30Ah is (11.5lbs) , H6/Group48 Case @40Ah is (16.5.5lbs).

You can se them HERE>>>> https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...tive/ag-h6-rs/

Some pictures and video are below... if you have any questions please post

Old 03-14-2019, 07:27 PM
bmw_e30
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 112 Posts

this is dope love it
Old 03-15-2019, 11:13 AM
balefire
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

What is the weight of the OEM battery?
Old 03-15-2019, 12:48 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by balefire
Just under 41 lbs
Old 03-15-2019, 03:30 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by paver
Just under 41 lbs
Depends on the battery the Group 48/H6 battery is 46 lbs... that is the standard size in most the GT3 depending on year...
Old 03-15-2019, 06:47 PM
balefire
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Always wanted this.
Definitely will replace my OEM battery when it dies or sooner as a present to myself.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:33 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 594 Likes on 306 Posts

I just saw your guys full page advertisement for the new batteries and thought of you Scott (in the latest PCA Panorama magazine for Porsche owners).
Old 03-16-2019, 12:41 PM
gasdockd
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the safety profile of these batteries in the event of a crash? Location of the battery tray seems pretty protected, but Lithium ion batteries are developing a bad rap for combusting after sustaining damage.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:11 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 777 Posts

Interested to get one of these when my stock battery goes bad.

What's the shelf life of one of these?
Old 03-17-2019, 07:48 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by gasdockd
What is the safety profile of these batteries in the event of a crash? Location of the battery tray seems pretty protected, but Lithium ion batteries are developing a bad rap for combusting after sustaining damage.
They are extremely safe... while certain crashes can cause a fire if the lithium battery is punctured we also have fireproof board around the battery that would prevent most the heat from leaving the box if that were to happen.

But also when you say "Lithium-Ion" batteries are developing a bad rap for combusting... they you have to quality the type of lithium because the term Lithium-Ion is an umbrella term used for "any rechargeable Lithium Chemistry". So Lithium Iron Phosphate in the type of battery cell chemistries we use are not nearly as volatile as a lithium cobalt. And the Hooverboards using the cheap version of Lithium Cobalt DID make for a bad Rap for Lithium... but they are not the same type of batteries at all.​​​​​​
Old 03-17-2019, 07:55 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Interested to get one of these when my stock battery goes bad.

What's the shelf life of one of these?
Well that depends on a few things... first what you exactly mean by shelf life? Like how long it will sit in your car and hold a charge, or the actual time it will sit on the shelf waiting to be used. I'll give example below.

On a shelf you would want to look at it every 4 months... BUT it would probably be fine for about 6-8 months just sitting on a shelf. And after 8 months it would not OVER-DISCHARGE... it would just put itself to sleep and could sit a few more months...

IN your car it depends on the cars level of Parasitic draw.. and we make them in 24Amp Hour, 30Amp hour and 40Amp Hour versions.... each one could sit longer because it has more battery inside, more capacity. But in general a 30Ah battery can sit about 6 weeks in most cars and still start it easily... but this is assume you don't have a fast parasitic draw cause by you accessories, or after market parts like Camera, alarms stereos, blue tooth stuff you might have connected. All the aftermarket stuff creates faster parasitic draws on the battery. And some 996 and 997s have faster parasitic draws whereas the 991s have very low drain on the battery.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:00 AM
gasdockd
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate the clarification! Thanks.

And, these just swap right in as a replacement for the standard lead-acid battery? Same terminals and everything? Any need to keep them on a battery tender?
Old 03-21-2019, 11:13 AM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by gasdockd
I appreciate the clarification! Thanks.

And, these just swap right in as a replacement for the standard lead-acid battery? Same terminals and everything? Any need to keep them on a battery tender?
Correct, its just a drop in fit using all your existing stock components. The need for a lithium tender comes back to the level of parasitc draw and how long the vehicle may sit. Typically because of the sleep mode/Re-Start feature it's not going to be a necessity like your previous lead/acid batteries but if you do have a higher draw or the vehicle sits for extended amounts of time and you don't want it to go into sleep mode then it certainly might be a good idea. If so you just want to be sure and use an intelligent charger/maintainer rated specifically for lithium such as the Optimate/Tecmate or Ctek brands.
Old 04-27-2019, 06:29 PM
rensprt
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you give me my best options and pricing for a 997.1 GT3RS.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:32 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by rensprt
Can you give me my best options and pricing for a 997.1 GT3RS.
Sorry I missed this...

If you are street driving, but not very often I would suggest the H6 size in 40Ah. The larger capacity will allow the car to sit for 6 weeks or more (depending on level of Parasitic Draw), so you would rarely if ever need to charge it. So it the highest capacity and the weight is still only 13.5 lbs... so still massively light.
https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...tive/ag-h6-rs/

If you are driving every few weeks you can go with the 30Ah version H6 size.. but that is delayed because I changed some tooling on the cell pack sizes.. So we have a delay our roughly 5 weeks on that model. But it sort of splits the difference... a llittle lower capacity and you save about 2.5 pounds more and a little less expensive also. IT can sit about a month or more not problems if not driving. weighs about 11.5 lbs.

If you are more of the Performance minded Track guy wanting to save as much weight as possible the H6 in 24Ah Capacity is only 9.5 lbs so save the most wieght possible. the caveat is that is wont' sit as long as the other because it has a smaller battery inside therefore less Capacity. But it is completely streetable... just requires you are not having a lot of extra accessories... cameras, USB chargers and such that can create more of a parasitic draw. In a 991.1 GT3 it can sit about a month .. but it may require being put on a maintainer if your not driving very often since it has a much lower capacity.

Quick Reply: Antigravity Lithium-Ion Battery- Latest Model