Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 12:54 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,041 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by qtqc
Hi, I may be in the market for a new battery. What would be the best option for a 2010 997.2 Gt3Rs. Not frequently driven so it sounds like the 40ah is the best option. Would the H7 be the best option available?
Hi qtqc, As with most models you'll have the option for the H6 or H7 and will just move the mounting cleat accordingly to which size you choose..most will just usually go with the smallest in the H6 and your thought on the 40Ah is perfect being the largest capacity option and the most powerful and it will give you the best longevity if the car goes through periods of sitting.

https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...tive/ag-h6-rs/

On a side note, for those of you who would like to be able to monitor your voltage and may not have seen this yet, we also have our new Battery Tracker. This guy will allow you to see real time voltage and also accumulate the data over the course of 30 days allowing you to see how it's maintaining and to what degree if any parasitic draw might have. The data be will displayed and delivered to an app on your cell phone and also offers a cranking test as well as a charging test and in addition can be set to send you notifications if the battery voltage is low. The Battery Tracker itself will sync information to your phone whenever you come within 30 feet of it and is extremely easy to install and comes in a Lithium option as well as a Lead/Acid option.

https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...acker-lithium/

Of course please let us know if you have any questions at all!
Chad
chad@antigravitybatteries.com

Last edited by Antigravity; 07-23-2019 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:50 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by qtqc
Hi, I may be in the market for a new battery. What would be the best option for a 2010 997.2 Gt3Rs. Not frequently driven so it sounds like the 40ah is the best option. Would the H7 be the best option available?
The 40Ah would be the best... but keep in mind the way we do this is you can chose a larger CASE size... but it will still have the same 40Ah Battery inside as the smaller Case size. So our H7 Case size in 40Ah has the same pack as the 40Ah H6 size which is a tad smaller (only in length compared to an H7).

I think all the GT3s in all years had the H6 size... but the fact is H6, H7, both fit in the battery tray for most any Porsche because they have a moveable battery mount.

But the bottom line is you do want more amp hour if you car sits longer. We are coming out with a 60Ah model in about two months...
Old 07-28-2019, 09:32 AM
qtqc
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ordered a battery and a couple of those battery monitor accessories
The following users liked this post:
Antigravity (07-29-2019)
Old 07-29-2019, 01:55 PM
surlynkid
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

How does the H6/Group 48 with 40AH compare to a Braille i48CS? The two must be using different measurements somehow, because the Braille says 450AH versus 40AH for the AntiGravity. While it is 33% heavier and almost 3x more expensive, it cannot really be 10x more powerful or can it? My 997.2 GT3 sits except for track days, but it stays on a tender.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:04 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by surlynkid
How does the H6/Group 48 with 40AH compare to a Braille i48CS? The two must be using different measurements somehow, because the Braille says 450AH versus 40AH for the AntiGravity. While it is 33% heavier and almost 3x more expensive, it cannot really be 10x more powerful or can it? My 997.2 GT3 sits except for track days, but it stays on a tender.
Hi Surlynkid, I'm going to have to guess this is a typo on their end especially since the PbEq Amp hours they list is smaller than that. Real Amp Hours should be the opposite and be the smaller of the two figures. I would guess they mean to list it as a 45Ah option. Especially from a weight perspective being just a few lbs heavier then our 40Ah option. In other words, the weight is going to be relative to how powerful the battery is. While the BMS (battery management system) will contribute a little to our weight there's no way it could be that big of a difference. But on that note, that is one of the advantages we have being that we have the protections built in preventing over discharge, over charging, and thermal protection where the other does not...in addition as you mentioned it's quite the big price difference...So from a comparison standpoint, while ours is just barely smaller in capacity/cranking it's MORE than ample to take care of the GT3 and for an EXTREMELY lower cost and in addition you have the protections built in to ensure the battery lasts it's long life span plus the remote fobs for Re-Starting if the battery is put into sleep mode!
Old 07-29-2019, 04:32 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by surlynkid
Chad answered your post above, but I (scott) wanted to take it a step further.

So at the risk of sounding too obnoxious, the Braille i48CS is not in the same league as our battery. Again, not wanting to sound like the jerk, the facts do speak for themselves.

1- The Braille DOES have more REAL Amp Hours at 45 compared to our 40 Amp Hours ( we have a 60Ah coming in a month also) ... so in general that would make for a slightly more expensive Lithium pack cost, but their cell is also a different type of cell than ours. I will say they use a fine cell, but our cell actually has a higher C-Rate making it more powerful. But power is not all that important since even a much smaller Lithium Battery will easily start the Porsches. So let say we are about even on that part of the battery.

2- But the Braille has NO interior protections for the Lithium-Cells for Safety from over-charging, or damage to the battery caused by accidental over-discharge. This is a "DO NOT PASS GO" issue. Any modern Lithium Battery should have a full Battery Management system if used in a Passenger Automobile. It is absolutely necessary to offer the extra level of protection for SAFETY first, and secondly for the battery to have the best life span and not be accidentally damaged by the Consumer for one small mistake like leaving something on in the car and causing and accidental over-discharge of the battery. That can damage a Lead/Acid or Lithium Battery. So without those protections, you have a close to $2000 dollar battery that can be ruined by an accidental mistake like an over-discharge of the battery. The Antigravity Battery CAN'T be over-discharged. It has a full BMS with protections against Over-Charge, Over-Discharge, Short-Circuiting, and Thermal protections. So there is no chance of accidental damage to the battery. That alone puts Braille out of any competition with us. They offer just raw lithium cells connected to the Terminals.... anyone can do that, yet it can be consider quite un-safe if the battery is not maintained correctly. But please note if you are diligent and maintain your lithium battery that does not have protections it can work fine for a very long time. But there is definitely a much higher risk for massive failure and potential safety issues.

3- We have a Wireless built-in Jump Starting feature. First of its kind in Lithium. Braille does not have this. So the Antigravity Batteries with this RE-START feature will put itself to sleep if you ever left something on in the car, or the keys in the ignition or whatever. It sense when it is close to dead, puts itself to sleep, then when you come back to a dead car you simply press the remote keyfob, the battery awakens and you can start the car and drive away. bu also cool is you won't ever be locked out off the Frunk since you just press the button and have power to open the frunk if you need to.

So if you are looking at other options in the Lithium world.... look at Volt Phreaks, or Lithium Pros.... they both offer protections and I would not suggest anything without a full BMS.

Last edited by Antigravity; 07-30-2019 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:45 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 630 Likes on 323 Posts

Do you guys have any upcoming promotions or sales coming up? My 997.1 GT2 battery has finally given up and I'd like to replace it with an Antigravity battery. Thanks!
Old 08-04-2019, 04:34 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 296 Posts

Or maybe even a group buy, I would be in depending on cost.

Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Do you guys have any upcoming promotions or sales coming up? My 997.1 GT2 battery has finally given up and I'd like to replace it with an Antigravity battery. Thanks!
Old 08-05-2019, 12:06 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
Or maybe even a group buy, I would be in depending on cost.
We are thinking about this now... last year we had a group buy on the RS30 and it was very successful, and we held off on doing a Group Buy with the newer batteries since they are quite a bit more expensive to develop and make with the WIRELESSS Jump Starting feature. But for now we will be having a Labor Day sales that will be the best deal in the near future for the Batteries. It will be announced officially in 2 weeks.

Then we might do a Group buy just for Renn Listers around the end of November early December Holiday time.

Steve Theodoore, if you are needing something immediately... please contact me and we'll work something out for you.... scott@antigravitybatteries.com or chad@antigravitybatteries.com.
Old 08-05-2019, 06:34 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

I placed my order today and want to thank the entire team at Antigravity Batteries for their great customer service!
Old 08-30-2019, 07:50 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Just a quick note to let anyone who might have been waiting for specials to check out the site this weekend!
Old 08-31-2019, 11:27 AM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

For anyone on the fence about buying, I just want to chime in and say that the product and the service have both exceeded my expectations so far. It's definitely a high end battery, but the weight reduction and technology is truly impressive. Funny story is that the battery is so light it actually caused me fits to get it to snap into the stock battery tray 'rails', but just took a bit more effort on my part. I'm properly impressed by these and I believe these are the best level of discounts that they generally give.
The following users liked this post:
sda (11-24-2019)
Old 08-31-2019, 07:16 PM
Achtung964
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What would you recommend for a 1993 964 C2?
Old 09-01-2019, 04:14 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Achtung964
What would you recommend for a 1993 964 C2?
It would depend on what you are using your car for.... Yes any of the H6 sizes will fit, but they are available in different Amp Hour Capacities... 24Ah 30Ah, 40Ah and a new 60Ah. If you are into maintaining your car, checking the battery more often and driving more, or doing more Track driving then a 24Ah could work for you. But in general I think most should go for the 30Ah or 40Ah versions because they have good Amp Hour Capacity for a Daily Driver vehicle and you don't have to think about letting the car sit for a while before it becomes over-discharged. More Amp Hours just mean a larger battery pack inside the battery which mean more Capacity and more Power. Power is not something you have to worry about being that the 24Ah will rip start any Porsche.... it more about Capacity for your particular use. Also if you have extra aftermarket accessories or items that cause Parasitic Drains on the battery like Cameras, Radar Detectors, USB Chargers and such... you want more capacity since these items tend to draw a battery down faster.

Let me know if that answers you questions.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:36 PM
InTgr8r
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 90 Posts

Lots of great information here but I have a question that I have not seen yet.

I installed a Lithium battery (Voltphreaks) in an E92M3 that recommended the battery charge rate be reduced.
This was easily done during the battery registration procedure (programmed)

I notice that the megga expensive Porsche branded Lithium battery also requires dealer programming.

Is this a requirement with Antigravity Batteries or does the BMS regulate charge rate.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Antigravity Lithium-Ion Battery- Latest Model