Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

BIG THANK YOU !

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 09:29 AM
nad617
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default BIG THANK YOU !

I recently had the privilege of purchasing a 997.1 GT3. Many people have been instrumental in guiding and advising me through the purchase process and many more along the way, prepping/servicing and setting it up for the track.
I would like to publicly thank a few of them and let others know these folks can be trusted.

I would first like to thank Doug Tabbutt ,owner Switchcars in Ohio, who through the spring and early summer was instrumental in tracking down the correct car for me and my needs. He even advised against buying a car he probably could have made a greater profit on! Even though he is well know and well regarded on this and other forums his patience with me, a gt3 novice deserves some more public credit. He patiently answered my many questions and replied quickly even when I was many time zones away on vacation. In the end he delivered a car as described and at good price. I also want to thank him for the smooth transaction involving cars I was trading in. Again a fair price , no hassle and transport for the 3 vehicles handled. Thanks again Doug and I hope to do business again when it is time to move up to an RS!

The next up for a thank you are Andy and Kris at Steinel's Autowerks in Ohio. They did good work getting my coolant lines pinned and stand by their services. For anybody in the Ohio region these are good guys you can rely on.

I would also like to recognize my local crew in Peoria IL at Porsche of Peoria. Ralph Gonzalez the Porsche service manager has been awesome in accommodating the tight schedule to get the car ready for track season and coordinating/ordering and receiving multiple shipments of brake parts, shims, harnesses etc.
Special thanks goes to Joe Mularczk, Chief Technician, he has been amazing in his attention to detail prepping the car and setting it up for safe track use. If anyone needs help with Porsches and is anywhere near Peoria I can strongly recommend sending your car to Ralph and Joe.

I would like to send thanks to Clark and his wife at Apex Performance in South Carolina they are a truly sweet couple who know a ton about cars, track use and safety. I love just talking to them on the phone and some day hope to meet them in person. Needless to say they deliver quality products at an unbeatable price very quickly. ( I guarantee you will not find better pricing on Girodisc rotors, believe me I tried!)

I would also like to thank this forum for all the wisdom and knowledge that a long time lurker, infrequent poster can get for free!

Finally I thank God for the blessing me with the means to own such a magnificent vehicle and to my wife for putting up with my often times odd "track junkie" behavior.
I know I need to post pictures and once I figure out the process and wash off track grime from a weekend at Road America will post pictures of my beauty.

God bless, stay safe and take care of each other out on track.

Current Rides:
991.1 Carrera 4S
997.1 GT3

Gone but not forgotten:
2011 Boxster Spyder
2008 Cayman S Sport
Old 08-02-2018, 01:41 PM
Modena 1
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Awesome. No pics?
Old 08-02-2018, 02:27 PM
nad617
Rennlist Member

I know I know, I need to post pics or it didnt happen right? I am still trying to figure out the process and will once I wash off the grime from a Road America DE so I don’t get flamed.. wink wink
Old 08-02-2018, 07:24 PM
nad617
Rennlist Member

Here is a picture of my new to me 997.1 Gt3. I think she is pretty even without her chin in place
Old 08-02-2018, 09:52 PM
jonwb
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 47 Posts

What a beauty! Congrats and welcome to the club!
Old 08-02-2018, 11:12 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

+ 1 on Doug and the whole Steinels
Old 08-03-2018, 11:49 AM
Modena 1
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

I think that is my old car.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:41 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Nicely done! Enjoy in good health.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:04 PM
osu s2k
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 104 Posts

That’s my twin, congrats supe that’s my twin, congrats supercars cars.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:39 PM
gt2-josh
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Quintuplets! I have the same car as well. She looks great! Enjoy it in good health. Lots of very knowledgeable people around here.

Best Josh
Old 08-03-2018, 05:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats! Another twin here. Lets see some more pics.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:43 PM
nad617
Rennlist Member

I am currently out of town and the car is getting alignment, ride height set and a corner balance in preparation for a NASA DE at Autobahn next weekend. I will certainly post more pics when I am able to. I hope to see some of you guys out on track this season. Will be planning on going to the KYPCA fall Fastival at putnam park and CIRPCA pumpkin run in october also at Putnam Park. If the wife lets me also Road America again with BMWCCa and maybe Grattan over the labor day weekend.

Quick Reply: BIG THANK YOU !