Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997.2 GT3 exhaust!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 06:49 PM
shogun974
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
Lets not start the name calling, I just call out BS and personally I think ipe is garbage and they had a history of inundating forums with new user accounts to peddle about how great there exhaust where and skip the vendor fee.
I have no relation with IPE and Don't sell anything.

Personnaly I have a dundon race header fitted on my GT3 and I'am waiting for his race muffler which is in developpement.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:57 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by henry959
Who makes the best and loudest GT3 exhaust for 997.2
FYI ... must be street friendly

feel free to post your video or links
Hey Henry! These guys are right, in that typically the "best and loudest" exhaust is not typically street friendly. Can you tell me a little bit more about what your desired sound is?

As far as my favorite sound for your car: a set of our Long Tube Competition Race Headers, Side Muffler Bypass Pipes, and the factory center muffler (which is actually still very efficient).

Our Long Tube Competition Headers are a recent product for us, using a Burns Stainless F1 style merge collector:

The website page for the 997.2 GT3 is not up yet for this product, but we have already made a few sets for 991 cup cars in Australia (which run the engine from the 997.2 GT3, go figure!). Let me know your thoughts on these and I'd love to help get you set up with the performance package that will help you meet your goals! There are a lot of options as far as the configuration for your exhaust is concerned, so I'm looking forward to helping you find the right one!

Old 08-10-2017, 09:15 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Where are you located ? Local ?
Old 08-14-2017, 01:49 PM
DYSL
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I run GMG Sport Headers and Center Section. Very loud when I want it to be when sport button is active. Very docile when sport button off and regular driving with the wife.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:57 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
The first orange GT3 is Ranger22's old GT3, maybe he can chime in if he sees this as far as what the displacement was in 2010, not sure if the 09 video is the same car.
While I may have dreamed of owning that particular orange RS, I think you mean it belongs to RSRanger. Well, it used to. He sold it some time ago.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:53 PM
NJRickD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by henry959
Who makes the best and loudest GT3 exhaust for 997.2
FYI ... must be street friendly

feel free to post your video or links
While not having experience with others, I do love how my car sounds. It already had the Fabspeed bypass and I run with the flaps unplugged. Very happy with the volume and tone, and I do prefer it to be on the louder side.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:00 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by NJRickD
While not having experience with others, I do love how my car sounds. It already had the Fabspeed bypass and I run with the flaps unplugged. Very happy with the volume and tone, and I do prefer it to be on the louder side.
Glad to hear you're loving your setup! And I agree, loud is the only way to go

Would you be willing to post a positive review on our website for the Bypass that you have? A few positive words go a long way in continuing to uphold our reputation Thanks in advance!
Old 08-16-2017, 02:48 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

If loud is all you're looking for then a center delete of any flavor is fine. If you're looking for power, loud when you want, no drone when cruising, no CEL, no fitment issues, and lifetime warranty on track or street, take a look at our 321 Stainless Race headers. Also keep in mind each engine wants something a little different, what's made for a 997.1 3.6L is different from a 997.2 GT3 3.8L, a 997.2 3.8L or 4.0L GT3RS and a 991 GT3. All of our systems are crafted for each version.

Can take a look at our blog for videos, review etc...

http://www.dundonmotorsports.com
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 08-16-2017, 10:39 AM
runet
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
If loud is all you're looking for then a center delete of any flavor is fine. If you're looking for power, loud when you want, no drone when cruising, no CEL, no fitment issues, and lifetime warranty on track or street, take a look at our 321 Stainless Race headers. Also keep in mind each engine wants something a little different, what's made for a 997.1 3.6L is different from a 997.2 GT3 3.8L, a 997.2 3.8L or 4.0L GT3RS and a 991 GT3. All of our systems are crafted for each version.

Can take a look at our blog for videos, review etc...

http://www.dundonmotorsports.com
Do you sell your valved side delete separatly from the complete exhaust, or does that not fit OEM components?
Old 08-16-2017, 03:32 PM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Hell I'm still alive , us old farts just don't die off yet.

The first pumpkin video was my RS and the engine was bone stock at the time.
The second pumpkin video (w/o side stickers) is MJSpeed's RS.
We both had the M&M header/exhaust system.
While I understand there are several good manufactures/vendors out there I have always been preferential the the M&M systems. They seem to be and have been trusted and used by many pro race teams.

Well let me go back to my R&R and polish off that bottle of Booker bourbon
Old 08-16-2017, 07:28 PM
JustSan
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I got you covered - PM just sent.

Originally Posted by shogun974
I have no relation with IPE and Don't sell anything.

Personnaly I have a dundon race header fitted on my GT3 and I'am waiting for his race muffler which is in developpement.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:21 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by runet
Do you sell your valved side delete separatly from the complete exhaust, or does that not fit OEM components?

A stock side muffler valved side delete is on the short list to go along with the mufflers we're releasing as a car with stock headers and side deletes passes Laguna with our Quite muffler. So opens up some possibilities that weren't there before.

Our existing side deletes for our race headers and 991 catted headers aren't the correct length for a stock system...

Jamie
Old 08-20-2017, 08:21 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Long shot, but is anyone here familiar with this particular Boston-area GT3? Very curious to know what exhaust it is equipped with.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-20-2017, 10:27 PM
DYSL
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by WantA997
Long shot, but is anyone here familiar with this particular Boston-area GT3? Very curious to know what exhaust it is equipped with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97sY79Tyo2o

Thanks in advance!
This can be any variant of center bypass. But almost for certain its a set of headers.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:14 AM
bobodrink
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by WantA997

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97sY79Tyo2o

Thanks in advance!
Hi WantA997,

This is my car. I have EvoMS headers with test pipe system along with a RSR x pipe and stock side mufflers to retain the valves. Long story short I tried to get the most high pitch sound without any drone and this has done it, I have swapped about 3 different center pipes including Sharkwerks.

Quick Reply: 997.2 GT3 exhaust!!