Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crap looking MMR/Vivid Racing FS01s, can some tell me what color these things are?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 03:21 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts
Default Crap looking MMR/Vivid Racing FS01s, can some tell me what color these things are?

Wife wanted 19s for her 997.2 NB, but she wanted to use her OE colored crest caps. F14s and Ruger Mesh were back ordered.

Contacted Vivid Racing about HRE FF01 and 301Ms. 301Ms were pricey and the FF01s were back ordered. Vivid told me MRR FS01s were basically same quality and same wheel as HRE FF01s so I ordered MRRs . . . Big mistake.

(1) Wife wanted a light silver, but "not chrome or too polished looking." Settled on Liquid Silver after looking at some photos Vivid sent me and I found.

Wheels showed up Tuesday with a bizarre color with a crappy finish. Wife says they are blue. I think grey green. I found some pictures of gun metal (on white M3 below) and they look more like gun metal than silver. The picture of a single rim is supposed to be silver.

What color do you think? Regardless, they are hideous.

(2) The offsets are comical. Looks like a clown car. The fronts stick out beyond the fenders and the rears are not even flush. Looks really strange with fronts hanging outside the car and looking wider than the tucked in rears. WTH were these guys thinking?

(3) The caps seem to be a different color and don't fit. I think one looks like it fits, but the rest are all jacked up looking and one looks like its about to fall out. (See picture below)

(4) I forgot to ask Vivid if OE caps fit when I ordered. I emailed Vivid the next business day asking if OE cap fit. Vivid did not know so they sent me MRR's telephone number.

MRR told me OE did not fit. I then cancelled order as wife wanted those damn OE caps. I unfortunately let MRR talk me down. MRR assured me they had some Porsche crest shaped caps that would work great with some sticker that was supposed to be easy find on ebay.

I spent 4 + hours looking for these easy to find stickers and nada. I asked dude from Vivid for him or MRR to show me where t find these easy to find stickers . . . . I am still waiting. I, however, am not confident that some ebay "sticker" from China is going to look great on caps that don't fit or match.

(5) I guess it also eluded Vivid to tell me (they knew what I had) that my OE lugs would not work. I did email Vivid last Friday asking if my OE lugs would work and no response until I emailed him again asking to him about lugs on Tuesday when wheels arrived.

- Anyone want to buy some lightly used (1 day) bluish, grey green cheap looking wheels so I can get what I should have gotten to begin with?

- Does anyone know where to get a colored Porsche crest (preferably aluminum) sticker that will fit on these caps (2 1/4 X 1 3/4). I wish they were indented so I could just glue the crest from the OE in there, but the center is raised with a ridge. Once again, WTH were they thinking?
Attached Images         

Last edited by Doug H; 06-23-2017 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:15 AM
platinum997
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 131 Posts

Why not just return the wheels if your not happy with them?

Offsets don't change between manufacturers. Its a standard. What offset are the wheels you bought?

You can buy porsche crest center caps in different sizes. If you get the mm of the mmr cap just buy the same size. The stickers will work to though. Just do a quick Google search.

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-p...LS-CENTER-CAPS

Most oem wheels are ball type lugs and some aftermarket are conical type. You need to make sure your using the correct ones to be safe. Length is typically ok unless running spacers but I would verify that too.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:21 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by platinum997
Why not just return the wheels if your not happy with them?

Offsets don't change between manufacturers. Its a standard. What offset are the wheels you bought?

You can buy porsche crest center caps in different sizes. If you get the mm of the mmr cap just buy the same size. The stickers will work to though. Just do a quick Google search.

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-p...LS-CENTER-CAPS

Most oem wheels are ball type lugs and some aftermarket are conical type. You need to make sure your using the correct ones to be safe. Length is typically ok unless running spacers but I would verify that too.

Returning is apparently not an option with Vivid and I purchased some conical wheel bolts locally after wheels arrived.

RE: Stickers

I saw those stickers. The 2.5 inch in that link, which are out of stock, are 2.5 inches in diameter including black border so those crests may not fit that outline on my close to 2 3/4 inch caps. Am I supposed the cut the crest out of the black border and stick them on or just slap black border on as well? Lol, that's gonna be ghetto either way!

RE: Offsets

Offsets are 45 and 55. The rears should be 52 IMO. I was concerned about 45 being too aggressive in front, but assured it would look good. I think its more of a function of the fronts sticking out combined with rears being tucked . . . F14s have a 46/52, but even the Ruger Mesh 45/52 don't stick out in the front like mine so perhaps they got my offset wrong.

Last edited by Doug H; 06-23-2017 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:23 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

BTW, I am still open to a decent sticker source and have had 0 luck in finding aftermarket caps with crest on them in this size.

If anyone has a source for caps a bit smaller than 2 3/4 inch with colored Porsche crest, please direct me. I have two sets of 911 caps (997 and 991) and Macan caps neither of which fit.

Most appreciated as would like crest on them until I can sell them.

Last edited by Doug H; 06-23-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 05:13 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Sorry to hear about your situation.

20" FF01's are available and in-stock for the 997 NB. With that said, the Porsche center cap is far too large to fit in the center cap housing on the HRE's. You'd have to do some modifications to your current caps to get them to fit.

Best of luck to you.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 06-24-2017, 09:56 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by WheelsB
Sorry to hear about your situation.

20" FF01's are available and in-stock for the 997 NB. With that said, the Porsche center cap is far too large to fit in the center cap housing on the HRE's. You'd have to do some modifications to your current caps to get them to fit.

Best of luck to you.
Almost went the 20 inch FF01 route and will be dumping these MRRs.

My concern now is whether all wheels in this price range looks as cheap as these MRRs or will the HREs look better and have a better more even finish.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:47 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,166 Likes on 3,930 Posts

You should have read my posts on NB offsets from when I did my Forgeline SC1s. IMO, with an 8.5" front, et50 is as aggressive as you can go witthout them protruding from the fender - read here - https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...-no-black.html

I bought metallic wheel cap center labels from this eBay member more than once, but he doesn't currently have any listings - maybe shoot him a message via eBay and inquire if he still has those and if so, have him list a set and send you the link. They come from China so take a few weeks to arrive - http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

I have them on the cup holders in my 928, but couldn't find you a very good picture.

Also bought a set of the gold crest versions for my Cayenne Wheel Center caps, so I think he's your guy.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:29 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Pete:

His last feedback is more than a year ago and he is no longer a registered user. How long has been since you dealt with him? I will try and shoot him a message just in case.

On the offsets, I really don't think they would bother me that much if the backs were at least flush. MRR does a 55 instead of 52 like Forgestar/AG,HRE and I really should have just bought the OE Turbo II which are 51 in the back.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:44 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,166 Likes on 3,930 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
Pete:

His last feedback is more than a year ago and he is no longer a registered user. How long has been since you dealt with him? I will try and shoot him a message just in case.

On the offsets, I really don't think they would bother me that much if the backs were at least flush. MRR does a 55 instead of 52 like Forgestar/AG,HRE and I really should have just bought the OE Turbo II which are 51 in the back.
Looks like I bought the gold ones from him on 9/21/16 so about 9 months ago.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:46 AM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
Almost went the 20 inch FF01 route and will be dumping these MRRs.

My concern now is whether all wheels in this price range looks as cheap as these MRRs or will the HREs look better and have a better more even finish.
You can ask around here on the forums, HRE is the best in the business when it comes to fit and quality. Here are some high resolution images of FF01's in our queue. Feel free to DM me with any questions you may have.

Quick Reply: Crap looking MMR/Vivid Racing FS01s, can some tell me what color these things are?