Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING:: NR AUTO ::::: TechArt wing returned FAKE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 03:04 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Exclamation NR AUTO

UPDATE, WE ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER WITH THE NEW OWNER TAYLOR WHO IS WORKING TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE, WE HAVE A WORKING RESOLUTION IN PROCESS, WE THANK YOU ALL FOR THOSE WHO HAVE PARTICIPATED. WE SHOULD HAVE THIS ISSUE RESOLVED SHORTLY.

THANK YOU ALL ONCE AGAIN FOR YOUR INPUT.

CC. TAYLOR OF NR.

O-boy where do I start??

Well anyhow Neil of NR auto who was the owner at the time came to our shop sometime back to bring a set of wheels he had so we could refinish them. No problem, he then saw a TechArt wing that we had just laying around and asked if he could borrow it and return it to us in 2-months, I'm guessing they wanted to do some R&D however now I know it was to make illegal copies.

Fast Forward (over a year later) to all of Neil's excuses of why he couldn't bring it back, this went on for a while, our suspicions grew as to why it was so hard to just drop our wing off and be done (and pick up your wheels).

Finally last week I was able to speak to Neil who now claims to only be an employee of NR saying that he sold the business. I tell him I'm just going to send someone to come pick up our wing and if he wanted his wheels he can pick those up as well but we were not dropping them off since that wasn't the deal to begin with.

We agreed to do this, have carrier drop off the wing, and we give the carrier his wheels, we also collect from him the discounted price for service to his wheels and we even pay $50 to transport our wing back, so loaning him our TechArt wing now cost us...

HERE IS WHERE IT GET'S REALLY BAD....

Upon deliver the wing was boxed up and wrapped in bubble wrap and so we made no attempt to open it up completely while we loaded up the wheels to the driver, however upon closer inspection later we noticed that NR AUTO gave us a FAKE REPLICA of an ORIGINAL TECHART wing we loaned them, not painted gloss white the way we had loaned to them but now a raw fiber-glass copy.

We call Neil and ask that he find our wing and return it or pay for it, he proceeds to tell us that since they had it so long they could do nothing for us and that the quality of his fake copies are just as good etc. I explain to him that it's the same as though he brought me a set of HRE wheels and I give him a fake copy back and unfinished...

I'm putting this out here for two reasons,

1. to warn those who are thinking of purchasing, know who you are dealing with, if they will scam a vendor to vendor transaction then a vendor to retailer will probably be more probable.

2. to ask for your assistance, we need to locate others who may have had any bad dealings with them since we may need to take them to court to resolve this matter.

If anyone has contact names of those in charge of this place now, please provide here or PM this information, it would help in getting back what we are due even if it means having our day in court which is highly probably at this point.

BELOW WE TOOK ACTUAL PHOTOS OF THE WING WE LOANED NR AUTO AND THE LAST ONE IS OF WHAT WE GOT BACK...

Looks like they tried peddling their products here without sponsorship some time back: https://rennlist.com/forums/search.p...rchid=28917521

ACTUAL PHOTOS OF OUR TECHART WING

FAKE NR AUTO WING, YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN HARDWARE AND FINISH, NO PART NUMBERS ON THE WING OR ON THE HARDWARE.

Last edited by Wheel Dynamics; 06-28-2017 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:18 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Whoa brother. I know your pissed, but you may want to rethink that send button you just hit . . .
Old 06-21-2017, 04:16 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts

I see no issue in calling out someone who is not dealing ethically.

I support your post 100%.

My next set of wheels will be purchased from Wheel Dynamics.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:28 PM
Ditchhanger
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal C2S

+1
Old 06-21-2017, 04:37 PM
gotgolf52
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Wheels Dynamic - I support you post and I am glad you posted this information to warn others who want to do future business with NR.
We should not allow vendors to scam us here or anywhere.
NR if you read this, we want to hear your side of the story.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:47 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Doug H
Whoa brother. I know your pissed, but you may want to rethink that send button you just hit . . .
I've been giving them the benefit of the doubt but now it's time for a call-out!

If they told me, hey we will work something out, try to find the genuine item you loaned us or maybe work together to resolve it then yes, but when we are told to "pound sand" then it's call-out time.....

I see no wrong in calling out after a year of this, also we will be happy to remove this post or update it if they want to publicly post or communicate with us privately to resolve this issue.

I'd rather share the experience so that the rest of you won't have to.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:47 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 412 Likes on 243 Posts

Is NR the manufacturer of the knock-off wings? If not, I don't see what part the company has to play in this situation.

Sounds to me like Neil Whatshisname either sold, lost or damaged your wing and Neil owes you a new one.

What's the retail cost on one of these things, something like $4k? Neil's probably broke and hoped you wouldn't notice he sent you a knockoff. Nothing to see here but an unprincipled dude who can't be trusted with $4k worth of kit.

Take him to small claims court. He's actually made your case for you. By sending you the knockoff wing, he's admitted that he borrowed the original. Unfortunately, you may win but you'll have a heckuva time collecting.

Good luck.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:48 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SoCal C2S

My next set of wheels will be purchased from Wheel Dynamics.
Might have to toss in a T-shirt and window decals just for saying that...
Old 06-21-2017, 04:50 PM
Lvt19672
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

What's there to rethink???
The following users liked this post:
MotoJB (08-11-2019)
Old 06-21-2017, 04:50 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gotgolf52
Wheels Dynamic - I support you post and I am glad you posted this information to warn others who want to do future business with NR.
We should not allow vendors to scam us here or anywhere.
NR if you read this, we want to hear your side of the story.
Yes, Taylor who replies to our emails and who spoke with our lead admin was less than professional in trying to get this resolved, it was more like a deny and lie situation there. (asking for proof, documents etc.), well how about a good amount of high resolution photos of the real-deal before you took it..
Old 06-21-2017, 04:52 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Iceter
Is NR the manufacturer of the knock-off wings? If not, I don't see what part the company has to play in this situation.

Sounds to me like Neil Whatshisname either sold, lost or damaged your wing and Neil owes you a new one.

What's the retail cost on one of these things, something like $4k? Neil's probably broke and hoped you wouldn't notice he sent you a knockoff. Nothing to see here but an unprincipled dude who can't be trusted with $4k worth of kit.

Take him to small claims court. He's actually made your case for you. By sending you the knockoff wing, he's admitted that he borrowed the original. Unfortunately, you may win but you'll have a heckuva time collecting.

Good luck.
This is definitely our next move....
Old 06-21-2017, 04:52 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 412 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
Might have to toss in a T-shirt and window decals just for saying that...
Aw hell, then forget what I just said. I support you 100% and am willing to go break Neil's legs for you. Just give me the word.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:55 PM
Austin997.2
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
I've been giving them the benefit of the doubt but now it's time for a call-out!

If they told me, hey we will work something out, try to find the genuine item you loaned us or maybe work together to resolve it then yes, but when we are told to "pound sand" then it's call-out time.....

I see no wrong in calling out after a year of this, also we will be happy to remove this post or update it if they want to publicly post or communicate with us privately to resolve this issue.

I'd rather share the experience so that the rest of you won't have to.
Sounds like you did someone a solid and they just totally screwed you over. No good deed goes unpunished.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:56 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Doug, in all fairness of excuses, I loaned Neil the wing (didn't charge him even though he at the time offered to pay us) simply because we were trying to help out a vendor who was doing business with us, he said he would give us a bracket that he noticed was missing in the middle of the wing. Well that item was included with the fake copy wing.

excuses about his back etc. now he's talking to a disabled veteran with three herniated disk 3mm 4mm and 6mm, who still gears up and comes to work every day, mounting wheels on good days. So he's sharing his battle scars to someone who has plenty of his own.

A year is more than enough time to think about this click... We can be friends, you and us, even NR and us, if they just give us back what they borrowed, it's simple. Agreed?
Old 06-21-2017, 05:02 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Austin997.2
Sounds like you did someone a solid and they just totally screwed you over. No good deed goes unpunished.

You said that right my brutha....

Now a word from our sponsor... R-66 wheels, in-stock ready to ship!

$1499/set call us today... now I return you back to your regular scheduled post!

www.wheeldynamics.com
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: WARNING:: NR AUTO ::::: TechArt wing returned FAKE!!!