Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING:: NR AUTO ::::: TechArt wing returned FAKE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 05:11 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceter
Aw hell, then forget what I just said. I support you 100% and am willing to go break Neil's legs for you. Just give me the word.
Very funny.....

Neil of NR Auto is an older guy, I actually feel sorry for him but we just need our property back. No need to break anything for anyone.

Hopefully they will take notice and take action or allow the legal system to take course.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:18 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 134 Posts

So you lent him a real Techart wing so he could make a cheap copy or copies of it and sell them? Not to be a dick but I doubt that Techart likes people doing that. Letting people make cheap copies of their designs. Would you let an HRE wheel out so that it could be copied and made out of Chinese scrap alloy? I hope you get it back, but why even lend it out for that purpose? I'll be flamed now I suppose..
Old 06-21-2017, 06:38 PM
motopix
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you WD for bringing this up in the forum. I've been the victim of some shady **** on the miata forum by a sponsor and guess what, he's still a sponsor.

I approve this call out.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:24 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DC911S
So you lent him a real Techart wing so he could make a cheap copy or copies of it and sell them? Not to be a dick but I doubt that Techart likes people doing that. Letting people make cheap copies of their designs. Would you let an HRE wheel out so that it could be copied and made out of Chinese scrap alloy? I hope you get it back, but why even lend it out for that purpose? I'll be flamed now I suppose..
No, like I said in the beginning of this, we understood there would be some R&D use of the product, you know build or positioning of fan, bracket fit comparison requirements etc.

Sounds like you understand something totally different, and I have loaned out many wheels to builders so the can see wheel clearances when a wheel fits. Example: I have a 19" wheel that clears the PCCB on a 997, some don't clear however if I have a 19" that works I have loaned out a wheel to a builder in order to get the design of the rear drop that will have enough clearance to build the correct wheel. Is this criminal on our part??? Not at all, whey invent the wheel twice??

Not sure why you would reply with this.....
Old 06-21-2017, 07:28 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by motopix
Thank you WD for bringing this up in the forum. I've been the victim of some shady **** on the miata forum by a sponsor and guess what, he's still a sponsor.

I approve this call out.
Thank you sir, some here are trying to get me to be a party to the motion instead of realizing that I'm only trying to be helpful, just like when we ride Sport Bikes, "raise your hand" when you identify a blemish in the road so those riders behind you can prepare for it and make the correct decisions...
Old 06-21-2017, 11:02 PM
DC911S
Drifting

The Techart stuff is pretty complete and I doubt it needs more R&D from a third party, thats one of the reasons it so pricey. I've been pricing out wing options and its expensive for a good one that fits correctly. I'm guessing all along he wanted it to make cheap copies of it. As for your other point, sure giving a wheel to a company that makes other products to test fitment and such....like a brake caliper or bracket or something. Sure, but would you give a HRE wheel to Advan?
Old 06-21-2017, 11:57 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DC911S
The Techart stuff is pretty complete and I doubt it needs more R&D from a third party, thats one of the reasons it so pricey. I've been pricing out wing options and its expensive for a good one that fits correctly. I'm guessing all along he wanted it to make cheap copies of it. As for your other point, sure giving a wheel to a company that makes other products to test fitment and such....like a brake caliper or bracket or something. Sure, but would you give a HRE wheel to Advan?
I'm not telling you that they are going to provide TechArt with R&D, why would you even think that that was my pitch? They make similar products, right? so maybe they want to compare the building style of other brand products? makes sense now?

"Neil is that you?"
Old 06-22-2017, 06:15 AM
Presto
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

really sorry to hear this. hope you get your wing back or atleast the money you paid to buy the original wing.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:56 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
I've been giving them the benefit of the doubt but now it's time for a call-out!

If they told me, hey we will work something out, try to find the genuine item you loaned us or maybe work together to resolve it then yes, but when we are told to "pound sand" then it's call-out time.....

I see no wrong in calling out after a year of this, also we will be happy to remove this post or update it if they want to publicly post or communicate with us privately to resolve this issue.

I'd rather share the experience so that the rest of you won't have to.

Not intended as legal advice, but I am a lawyer that represents large companies in commercial litigation . . . albeit disputes typically involving $10 mm or more. If NR was my client, I would tell them to consider a lawsuit against you based on comments in the original post which could, if successful, subject you to considerable more liability than merely the difference in value between what they borrowed and what they returned.

Some who like internet drama may pat you on the back, jump on your band wagon and play cheerleader which is to be expected on internet forums. My thought process, however, was concern for you about you potentially subjecting yourself to considerably more headache based on some of your assertions and implications that may or may not be true. I have seen many occasions where someone wronged made public statements out of anger that created considerably more problems for themselves than were at issue in the original, underlying dispute. Although the general gist of what you are trying to convey seems cool, some language/implications perhaps should have been left out or worded differently.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:46 AM
DC911S
Drifting

Well put, I'm not a lawyer, but have stayed at a Holiday Inn before...
Old 06-22-2017, 09:35 AM
AWDGuy
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

and that's why everyone loves lawyers.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:07 AM
nismosd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the opening statement, it sounds like a joint production of a wing gone bad. J/k... but really why lend a wing worth 4k to someone who just bought wheels?
Old 06-22-2017, 12:32 PM
DC911S
Drifting

I'm guessing the people that made the illegal copies...after so many or making the molds from the original Techart wing....sort of really screwed it up. Do you have a Nismo? I had one, liked the chassis but not the motor. Was going to TT it but changed my mind and got the 911.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:11 PM
nismosd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a 300xz tt back in the days, loved it during that time period. Carried that name from the 90's and still using it. lol
Old 06-22-2017, 01:17 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 159 Posts

"Can I borrow your wing?"
"Sure, that'll be a $4k deposit and sign this."

PROBLEM SOLVED

All due respect, while i'm sympathetic to your situation, you're a business making poor business decisions.

Quick Reply: WARNING:: NR AUTO ::::: TechArt wing returned FAKE!!!