Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 12:14 AM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by char911
how many miles were on this car?
around 20,000 if I remember correctly. It was a pretty nice build as well

Price was a bit high compared to what Porsche North Houston sold a similar car for a couple months back, but then again, it is the bay area. People have silly money
Old 06-01-2017, 03:08 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedyD
I think some people are underestimating the prices for well kept, nice cars.

If you see a GTS at the lower end of the price range, that's when I would start worrying.
Underestimating or just RL as usual? For as long as I've been around here there's always been an ongoing competition of sorts of who can negotiate and justify the lowest price on any given car. Pick any "price check" thread as an example. No matter how low the list price of the car in question, it's all but a certainty that someone will insist it can be negotiated lower. Small wonder some guys keep shopping for years on end instead of just paying reasonable market price for what they want and get on with the driving already.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:07 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Underestimating or just RL as usual? For as long as I've been around here there's always been an ongoing competition of sorts of who can negotiate and justify the lowest price on any given car. Pick any "price check" thread as an example. No matter how low the list price of the car in question, it's all but a certainty that someone will insist it can be negotiated lower. Small wonder some guys keep shopping for years on end instead of just paying reasonable market price for what they want and get on with the driving already.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:26 PM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Yeah, I have realized that if the right car comes along...jump on it. The right car is out there, but the owner doesn't want to sell , I even got a dealership to re-CPO it!

Nate, I sometimes am sad about not getting that one you showed me, but the hits in Range 5 and the fact that no dealership I talked to would touch it as a CPO re-up bothered me.

That being said, still sad I didn't pick it up.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:33 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

^ I wouldn't let CPO (or lack thereof) get in the way of closing on a GTS that meets your required specifications, as CPO is a crock of BS for the most part. Want to see what some dealers sell as CPO? Take for example this '09 which was represented as a clean, no accidents, no damage, car. Look closely--the bumper isn't within 10 shades of white as the rest of the car.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:43 PM
USNA12
Banned

True, and I kind of rather buy from a member of RL anyways.

Honestly, the number of awesome people I have met through this forum is crazy. I have gotten a million offers to drive peoples cars...yet I don't know how long those offers would last if they saw how I fly a 30 ton helicopter(like I stole it)
Old 06-01-2017, 06:18 PM
realq86
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by USNA12
True, and I kind of rather buy from a member of RL anyways.

Honestly, the number of awesome people I have met through this forum is crazy. I have gotten a million offers to drive peoples cars...yet I don't know how long those offers would last if they saw how I fly a 30 ton helicopter(like I stole it)
Sounds like the final price was ~76k. What was the asking price?

$76k for 20k mile GTS is a great price considering it's coming out of a dealership.

USNA12 now you kind of gotten another data point to calibrate your intuition. Next time, step up aggressively when something similar comes along.

BTW I still have my Nogaro B5 S4.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:20 AM
USNA12
Banned

Originally Posted by realq86

$76k for 20k mile GTS is a great price considering it's coming out of a dealership.

USNA12 now you kind of gotten another data point to calibrate your intuition. Next time, step up aggressively when something similar comes along.

The sleeper!! it was fun, the M5 was a Beast, the Cayman was a gateway drug
Old 06-02-2017, 11:17 AM
SF911TT
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Totally agree with you. Did i get the bargain of the century on my GTS a few years ago? Probably not...but i've been enjoying her in my garage ever since!!!! You only live once and what's a few thousand here and there on your dream car
Old 06-02-2017, 11:19 AM
SF911TT
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts

I spoke to the GM since we bought our Q5 there. $76 was the asking and sell price.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:54 PM
realq86
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Acutal data point on how much GTS/4 sells for.

This one is 6MT and low miles, but not a clean CarFax. I'm sure it's a lot lower than what most people would like to think a GTS/4 should be.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:56 PM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 209 Likes on 141 Posts

Acutal data point on how much GTS/4 sells for.

This one is 6MT and low miles, but not a clean CarFax. I'm sure it's a lot lower than what most people would like to think a GTS/4 should be.

Thats quite daft. "Not a clean carfax". You've just scared off the lions share of anyone who will buy a 911. They got it out the door at the best dollar they could considering how few in the market would touch a top spec Carrera (the GTS) with a spotty history.

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...AB2A92CS721081

"06/16/2015 Damage Report Accident reported
Involving undercarriage impact
It hit a parked motor vehicle
It hit a curb
Front primarily damaged
Left front primarily damaged
Right front primarily damaged
Disabling damage reported
Vehicle disabled
Vehicle towed"

So you say these cars are going for less than what people think eh? This car was thrashed. Undrivable. Damage on both sides of the car and the front. How is anyone with half a brain going to use a car that is nearly totaled to prove a point about what the going rate is?

Last edited by Fined; 07-02-2017 at 09:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Gts 6MT