997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The heated seats in the 991

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2017 | 07:39 PM
ManoTexas
Three Wheelin'

Iceter why did you make the comment on Leith?
Bought cpo from them little over yr ago and had shipped. No issues with car and good buying and shipping experience.
Old 05-13-2017 | 01:40 AM
Iceter
Drifting

Originally Posted by ManoTexas
Bought cpo from them little over yr ago and had shipped. No issues with car and good buying and shipping experience.
Leith dealerships have a terrible reputation here for dishonesty. It's group-wide, not limited to one store.

I could fill a book with bad experiences that people I know have related to me, but even more telling is the experience I had with the P store. Terrible, inept and expensive. I have given them more than enough opportunities to disprove their poor reputation, but they consistently live up to it.

I drive a little further and get great service from their competitor, and I do everything I can to steer business away from them.
Old 05-13-2017 | 11:44 PM
ManoTexas
Three Wheelin'

Interesting. I haven't used service but bought car at fair price and prior to buying looked and all reviews on web were positive for P dealer. Apprehensive about shipping so talked to shipping company. They picked up 2-3 cars/week from them and had for some time. The man/wife who delivered the car were very familiar with Leith and were also very positive about them.
Sorry you've had bad experience with them but I didn't find those type reviews on web when bought my car.
Old 05-15-2017 | 07:26 AM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Saabs are indeed weird, I've owned 5 of them and my present 08 93 Aero sedan does have heated seats that only function below certain temperatures.
But I love and have loved every one of them !!!!!!
Almost as much as my Porsches...
I can't comment on Leith, since my travels to Cary have been trouble free in all cars
So far.
Old 05-15-2017 | 10:00 PM
gopirates
Racer

The seat heaters will work in any temperature as others have stated. In the 997.2 there are two settings, 2 lights or 1 light when on. If it is set to 2 lights, it burns my *** to an uncomfortable degree and probably best suited for use when it is under 30 degrees. Setting it to 1 light is still warm, though not uncomfortable and I use that if I put the top down on days when it is 50ish.

Regarding Leith, I'm not a fan either. I have never dealt with Porsche there, though my personal experiences in Honda and Acura Sales and Service departments have made me pledge I will never spend another penny with any Leith affiliate.
Old 05-16-2017 | 07:52 AM
monster1
Advanced

My heats seats stopped working recently - the car had forgotten it had them as a result of the battery going flat, it also knocked out the headline washer jets at the same time - hooked it up to PIWIS and reminded the car that it had these options and they work fine now!
Old 05-16-2017 | 10:55 AM
Iceter
Drifting

Originally Posted by ManoTexas
Leith is a very large dealer group here. They sell alot of cars. The law of averages dictates that some people will have a good experience with them, and I'm glad that you are happy with your experience. I really am.

But, I have been in Raleigh since I was a kid. I hear more negative than positive from people I know who have shopped and/or bought there. This applies to my experiences there, as well.

My experiences with their Porsche store were a disastrous and resulted in complaints to corporate. I have documented it in previous posts but will be happy to give details to anyone who is considering buying a car from them.

Luckily, locals have an option and I have had overwhelmingly positive experiences with Performance in Chapel Hill. Every store can have a bad day, but I haven't had one at Performance yet.

Quick Reply: The heated seats in the 991