Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 12:32 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 905 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
You are a disturbed individual.

Good luck to you.
Man-o-man am I curious if I have this one correct . . . How old are you because I see some old shriveled up face skin grey hair frumpy ascot wearing living up North old dude with nose haring that needs trimming and who is grumpy because he cannot get it up any more. Love to see a photo to see if the image burned in my mind is remotely correct.

Dude, I am the luckiest man alive. Say and feel it every day.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:52 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 905 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by josserman
Been there done that, but after the ****'s divorce lawyer had my race car appraised it changed things big time. Luckily it's worth absolutely crap compared to what all the financials show I spent on it, so at least that's a good slap in her face. ...Nope, not bitter at all lol. Actually VERY VERY happy to be single again and dating.
Yep, in 2004 I went to a divorce lawyer I knew from court (I am a civil, class action litigator). He was just one of the many visits I made to every good divorce lawyer in the city to conflict them out from being wife's lawyer against me.

Anyway, this guy started taking inventory of assets. We got to my cars he was like "WTF man." "You gotta get rid of some of those or the judge will slaughter you." I sold my 2001 Diablo and traded my 90 Ruf and 03 996tt coupe on a 04 996tt cab within 2 weeks of that meeting.

Turned out my ex and I resolved super amicably . . . better friends now than when married, she is very close to my current wife and she and I commonly spend 30 minutes to an hour on the phone talking to each other.

I sold those cars for NOTHING and I still want that 6.0 and RUF back.

My life started after divorce and I ended up finding "the one." Sounds as if you got a good positive attitude and everything will be cool for you as well, but for God's sake don't sell the cars you cannot replace just because some dang divorce lawyer tells you to.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:02 PM
josserman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
Yep, in 2004 I went to a divorce lawyer I knew from court (I am a civil, class action litigator). He was just one of the many visits I made to every good divorce lawyer in the city to conflict them out from being wife's lawyer against me.

Anyway, this guy started taking inventory of assets. We got to my cars he was like "WTF man." "You gotta get rid of some of those or the judge will slaughter you." I sold my 2001 Diablo and traded my 90 Ruf and 03 996tt coupe on a 04 996tt cab within 2 weeks of that meeting.

Turned out my ex and I resolved super amicably . . . better friends now than when married, she is very close to my current wife and she and I commonly spend 30 minutes to an hour on the phone talking to each other.

I sold those cars for NOTHING and I still want that 6.0 and RUF back.

My life started after divorce and I ended up finding "the one." Sounds as if you got a good positive attitude and everything will be cool for you as well, but for God's sake don't sell the cars you cannot replace just because some dang divorce lawyer tells you to.
Thanks man! Sorry about having to sell those cars, that's awful ugh! Glad it worked out so well for you! I'm not worried about my race car since it's simply not worth much at all. Kinda depressing considering, but the amount of pleasure it brings is priceless!

Yea, we'll see about finding the true one, but for now, I'm just gonna be a man ***** for a while lol.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:13 AM
Mortgageguy
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok so back to the question at hand.....I actually just traded an 11 e9x M3 for a 997.1 s with x51....I've contemplated this move every time I wanted an change dating back to the launch of 997 in 05. I will mention this car is a 3rd vehicle. Having come from 3 generations of m3 ( 2 e36, 2 46, and 1 e93...all manuals) I will say none of the cars stand up to the overall feel and driveability of the 997. I was specifically searching for something that was an experience in its own and the 997 is exactly that. The M3's are fantastic cars, I'll own another one at some point just to have in the garage specifically an e36, the last of the REAL M3 IMO. As time went on they just became to big and heavy to fit all the creature comforts of other competitors like the Merc AMG's and Audi S/RS cars. If you're looking for a DD I would prob say go with the e9x....it's more practical and gives you what you would need or want most of the time ( I am 6'2" so I do crawl out of the 997 I might mention) . If it's a weekend warrior hands down 997.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:23 PM
mikeson
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have BMW also but it is a just car.

But Porsche, I am very happy and makes me smile when I sit.

And I use both for daily drive. I don't race nor track.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:36 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Remember.... porsches attract guys and not girls. Girls were way more attracted to my jag XKR than my 991. 997 will be worse.

Quick Reply: Feedback from ppl who came from e9x M3