Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDK Temperature Sensor explained

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 08:36 AM
Rug Head
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes please , i have been told easy fix cutting 18cm of cable and fitting new sensor
Old 04-03-2019, 08:59 AM
rap
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m also interested.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:13 AM
holgum
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

It would be nice if the OP could simply post info here, or explain why that’s not possible. Defeats the purpose of the forum for all of us to be exchanging PMs on the same subject.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:40 AM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 86 Posts

As you can see from the post history I was the second person to request information... which BTW I never received.

Anyway I now believe that this was if not the issue, at least part of it that eventually lead to my having to fork over $13K to my local and only stealership for a transmission replacement. This even though I called to their attention this National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) bulletin published by Porsche and which explained how to re-solder some contacts withing the transmission. At the time that I found it I downloaded the bulletin but now I can't find it.

Here's that screen print of the NHTSA reference with the hope that it will help anyone making a claim and maybe have better luck than I did.

Old 04-03-2019, 11:24 AM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Its been a while since I had my PDK clutch fluid changed and at that time I questioned the tech about the temp sensor on the PDK. IIRC its remove the pan , then the hydraulic pack comprised of 20 screws in the reverse torque sequence of tightening to get at the sensor which he said is a pretty flimsy sensor. Cutting and re crimping the connection isn't that hard its the time to r and r with correct torquing sequence of the hydraulic pack that takes time.Thats if its a sensor issue
Old 04-03-2019, 12:45 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,106 Likes on 1,326 Posts

Subscribed for this G14 Classified Info!!!!

lol
Old 10-22-2019, 03:23 PM
Janton9736
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default PDK Temerature Sensor defect - Is Porsche paying for this?

I am possibly having the same issue in my 2009 Carrera. Is this something paid for by Porsche? The document mentions "invoice" and the word "defective" - "Defective crimp connections on the temperature sensor in the PDK transmission can cause the warning message “Gearbox emergency operation” to be displayed."

I am attaching the NHTSA document referenced in the quote.

Jeff

Originally Posted by Astur
As you can see from the post history I was the second person to request information... which BTW I never received.

Anyway I now believe that this was if not the issue, at least part of it that eventually lead to my having to fork over $13K to my local and only stealership for a transmission replacement. This even though I called to their attention this National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) bulletin published by Porsche and which explained how to re-solder some contacts withing the transmission. At the time that I found it I downloaded the bulletin but now I can't find it.

Here's that screen print of the NHTSA reference with the hope that it will help anyone making a claim and maybe have better luck than I did.

Quick Reply: PDK Temperature Sensor explained