Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random Noise Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017 | 03:12 PM
jsalah
Burning Brakes

Default Random Noise Question

'10 C4S Cab, 21k miles, 18" OEM wheels, brand new winter tires (less than 500 miles on them). Lowered on Techarts.

Ok so I'm in a parking lot today after a bit of driving and do a full opposit lock turn -- I *think* to the right but I'm not sure, could've been to left. Anyway I hear a single loud "POP", seems to come from the front wheels someplace. No impact with anything (nothing around me), no puncture, nothing obvious that I could see. Finish my shopping and drive home. No more pops.

On a long, fairly level straight near my house, I start to feel the car is pulling pretty hard to the right if I let go the wheel for a second. Again tire pressure normal, no lights, no parts hanging off the car, no visible leaks...

Any ideas? Are the two things (noise/pulling right) related? Do I just need an alignment? My indie just put the winter wheels on a few weeks ago...
Old 03-04-2017 | 04:20 PM
motopix
Pro

Sounds like your springs are binding.
Old 03-05-2017 | 11:16 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

It's a normal occurance when doing full lock turns in a 997 because of the suspension geometry. It's more likely to occur when it's cold out and/or when reversing. I forget the specific name for it, but there's nothing wrong with your car.

Quick Reply: Random Noise Question