Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cargraphic front lift kit - anyone have this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 02:29 AM
gasongasoff
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Update: I sent back the control module to Cargraphic. They kept it for a month (no idea why). It took quite a few emails to get them to ship it back to me.

The good news is that the kit actually works now. But it only lifts the car 34 mm at the wheels (Not 55mm, which is what Cargraphic mentions in their brochure.)

What a nightmare. I ought to do a full review when I get a chance.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:35 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,220 Likes on 3,967 Posts

I find that with mine, if I press the button as I'm approaching the driveway or speed bump I'm trying to clear, if I give the car a little gas to unweight the front, it will kick the compressor back on and gain additional clearance height - vs how far it lifts if the car is static. I haven't actually measured the height I get at the center of the wheel vs the at the lead edge of the front bumper (which is where it really matters to me), but maybe I can do that next time I take the car out, which might be tomorrow.

During install, I also lubricated the metal sleeves that the airbags ride on with some Teflon spray lubricant and can see where the better the rubber bag can slide on the metal sleeve, the more lift you may achieve and it will probably rist and fall faster than if there is more friction between those two surfaces.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:08 PM
gasongasoff
Pro

Originally Posted by Petza914
I find that with mine, if I press the button as I'm approaching the driveway or speed bump I'm trying to clear, if I give the car a little gas to unweight the front, it will kick the compressor back on and gain additional clearance height - vs how far it lifts if the car is static. I haven't actually measured the height I get at the center of the wheel vs the at the lead edge of the front bumper (which is where it really matters to me), but maybe I can do that next time I take the car out, which might be tomorrow.
I might be able to try that when I'm entering the upsloping driveway, but I don't have the luxury of gassing the car as I'm backing out into a street (where my lip is still scraping a bit). More importantly, I was led to believe that I would have 55mm of lift at the wheel well. 35mm is a LOT less.

During install, I also lubricated the metal sleeves that the airbags ride on with some Teflon spray lubricant and can see where the better the rubber bag can slide on the metal sleeve, the more lift you may achieve and it will probably rist and fall faster than if there is more friction between those two surfaces.
I'm not having any trouble with the rate of lift. It's with the distance the car ultimately lifts. And the +35mm is pretty consistent.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:22 PM
gasongasoff
Pro

Pete - do you have an idea of how much lift you're getting at the wheel wells?
Old 06-29-2017, 09:27 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gasongasoff
Pete - do you have an idea of how much lift you're getting at the wheel wells?
I'll measure it and let you know. Whatever it is, I've not scraped the front bumper since installing the kit a few years ago.
Old 06-30-2017, 06:37 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I ran the test for you today, measuring the left front wheel arch, center nose at bottom of bumper, and right front wheel arch all at the initial setting, then hit the AirLift button with the car stationary, waited for the compressor to stop and measured the 3 locations again, then lifted up on the bottom of the front bumper to simulate the rolling throttle blip technique I mentioned, and recorded the values again.

Left Front Wheel Arch - 26" > 26.5" > 27.5"
Right Front Wheel Arch - 26.25" > 26.675" > 28"
Nose - 4.75" > 5.5" > 7.125"

so, it looks like with the car stationary, I get about 1/2" of lift at the wheelwells and 3/4" at the nose, but with the throttle blip unweighting the front where the compressor kicks on again to full lift, I get 1.5"-1.75" at the wheelwells and 2 3/8" at the front nose, which explains why no more scraping the bumper since installation of the kit.

You might try backing into your garage so you can create the weight shift that maximizes the lift if that's a possibility.

Anyway, hope the information helps.

Pete
Old 07-04-2017, 07:41 PM
gasongasoff
Pro

Very interesting measurements, thanks for taking the time, Pete!! So it sounds like your lift kit is only giving you a 1/2" = 13mm rise. That's way less than the 55mm that Cargraphic claims!

I might try your idea of unweighting the car - makes sense. Unfortunately, if I back in, something in the rear scrapes.

Quick Reply: cargraphic front lift kit - anyone have this?