Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you know when your engine mounts are bad?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 05:18 PM
Derek Zoolander
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RennPart
as promised a better picture of our RS mount kit that we offer:

https://rennpart.com/product/rs-engine-mount-upgrade/

I just received my Renn Part RS engine mounts - I'll be installing them tomorrow probably.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:40 PM
lurchphil
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Has anyone installed the solid Rein or Porsche mounts offered by RennPart? If so, what was the NVH result? I have tried semi-solid mounts and the NVH was annoying at cruising speeds.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:07 AM
Derek Zoolander
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Derek Zoolander
I just received my Renn Part RS engine mounts - I'll be installing them tomorrow probably.
I finally got around to installing the RennPart RS engine mounts (URO with genuine Porsche hardware). The main bolts that were sent turned out to be too short to reach through the engine carrier. I contacted RennPart and they were super responsive and sent me the correct length bolts within a few days.

The install is super easy. Jack up the car onto stands. Jack up the engine just before the point where it may begin to raise the car. Remove airbox. Remove mounts. Install new mounts (Order of the stack: main bolt, small washer, large concave washer, mount, large concave washer, small washer, engine carrier, nut. I also used the small washers for the 2 side bolts). Torque the 2 small bolts to 23 ft/lbs and the main bolt to 63 ft/lbs.

Initial impressions: there is noticeable vibration at idle. It goes away once moving. The mounts are more firm that OEM, so there is definitely some vibration transferred into the cabin. I can feel it in the seat back. Is it annoying? Yeah, kind of but I'm mostly used to it now after a few days. Is it enough to go back to stock? Probably not. There is a tangible difference in shifting and overall weight transfer. The reduced engine movement allows for tighter, more direct feeling shifts and an overall more solid feel to the rear-end. For a tip/PDK, I don't know if the added benefit would be worth the increase in NVH.

Last edited by Derek Zoolander; 06-15-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:18 AM
RennPart
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 277 Likes on 134 Posts

We now have the URO RS engine mount kits back in stock after a several month hiatus.

https://rennpart.com/product/rs-engine-mount-upgrade/

rennpart.com | Phone: 336-793-2134 |Email: ace@rennpart.com

Instagram | Facebook
Old 06-02-2019, 01:58 PM
lurchphil
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I installed the URO RS engine mount kit from RennPart on my 2011 GTS. last year. Very nice upgrade and an easy install. Highly recommended!

Quick Reply: How do you know when your engine mounts are bad?