Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damned AC buttons-- a fix???

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 12:07 AM
ervin881
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would buy aluminum switches. Also, door handles.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:01 AM
Grant L
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chiming in that I've been away from this board for months and it's hilarious/sad that this thread is still going as strong as ever.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:29 AM
renncayman
Instructor

wow
Old 11-15-2017, 04:49 AM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBruce
@Climarepair - I too admire and support anyone who identifies a problem and has the determination to create a product/service to solve it. Its hard. I know, Ive started three companies. I believe you started Climarepair with the best intentions. I told you the same over email and tried to be extremely respectful despite having to send you 20+ emails over 3 months.

However I also told you your product is not ready for commercial release. You need to stop selling it, fix the problem, and offer all customers a no-question refund. Or, be honest with the community and tell people you tried and failed. Thats ok too.

I would not have posted my experience with your company if you had done that. I have no interest in flame wars. However I see you posting on RL everyday telling people nobody has asked for refunds, your product gets better everyday, any issues issues are anomalies, and any customer complaints on the forum are a conspiracy against your company from competitors.

Please stop. Just stop. This thread has over 360 posts. The bulk of them are not complimentary.

Take the feedback to heart, focus more on improving your product and answering your customer emails promptly and honestly.

You can start with me.

I sent you a refund request 4 days ago after I saw you post here that “nobody with the v2 units has asked for a refund”. I suspect thats because they gave up, like me.

Its been 4 days and you haven’t replied to my email. However I see you posting on RL everyday.

Please issue me a refund today. Then pledge to everyone on this thread you will offer all customers a no question refund until you can produce a product that meets their standards. You will be respected for it. Everyone loves stories about the entrepreneur who tried, failed but made good in the end.

Hello Grant, sorry I couldn't answer your email until now.

You wrote us on a Saturday night (here in Spain), and we should have answer you Monday morning, but I´m running a bit late this week.

Regards,
John
Old 11-15-2017, 09:19 AM
GBS928
Rennlist Member

My LCD was not too bad. Based on your posts I took a good look.

I recently bought my 997 and the melted buttons misrepresented the cars interior in photos. Glad I look at the car closer!
Old 11-15-2017, 02:38 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by GBS928
My LCD was not too bad. Based on your posts I took a good look.

I recently bought my 997 and the melted buttons misrepresented the cars interior in photos. Glad I look at the car closer!
At least you have now several options to choose

BTW, new videos of our V3 buttons available!

As you can see finish has improved drastically. They now also work better, we have reinforced the rear sides, offering a stiffer feeling. They now feel just like the originals when pressing them up/down.

Best regards,
John
Old 11-15-2017, 03:45 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 159 Posts

Those V3 do look better. Cosm3os, can you order a set and let us know how they look?
Old 11-15-2017, 04:57 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 571 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
Those V3 do look better. Cosm3os, can you order a set and let us know how they look?
lmfao
Old 11-15-2017, 05:00 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 762 Posts

Originally Posted by myw
lmfao
I'll second that 8)
Old 11-15-2017, 06:56 PM
Lvt19672
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

You guys are comedians
Old 11-15-2017, 08:27 PM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 460 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com
Hello Grant, sorry I couldn't answer your email until now.

You wrote us on a Saturday night (here in Spain), and we should have answer you Monday morning, but I´m running a bit late this week.

Regards,
John
@Climarepair - I appreciate your nice email and offering a refund. I will put them in the mail tomorrow and send the tracking #.

I wish you the best of luck with the v3 units and beyond.

I would, however, ask for you to offer everyone on the forum a no-question refund, or a make good by shipping them the new v3 units. Yes, even Cosm3os :-)

Once Cosm3os is satisfied the world will be back in alignment and we can close this thread down and never worry about our sticky buttons again.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:39 AM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 58 Posts

I'm glad my reverse psychology worked! Credit card refunded my money and I didn't have to pay to mail back the crap they they charged me to send me to begin with.

Good luck with the new switches. Mine are still better than average so I'll wait for a better solution to come around.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:08 AM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

LMFAO

This is the thread that never dies. Am I from Spain? No Im not, yes I am, but that pic is not. Oh that pic is from california as I was there one time and wish to live there so I must be from there. Oh you caught me , I am from Spain but Im still going to pretend to have a buddy in california that is not affiliated with me but oh his switches look like OEM. I must be from Spain ,wait ,I meant California....omg now I dont even know where Im from.....but these v3 switches look much better than my playdoh v1 switches but not quite as good as my v4 switches and nowhere near as good as my v5 switches that will be out when I really do live in California. So please buy from me as I am from Spain where all this really does make sense , the ocean is blue and surely you will be distracted and fed up that you will not Call visa and ask for a refund as you will be too tired of me not responding in a clear manner whatsoever.

Oh, by the way , my switches are so wonderful, look at all my satisfied purchasers.

Just one mans take on this who holds no vested interest in the beautiful switches even tho I have been to Spain which after thwarting the pick pockets and getting the worst case of food poisoning Ive ever had, was a beautiful place to visit but I never saw any beautiful switches.

Oh darn, they are buttons not switches......please disregard my post......I must have been looking at the ocean thinking about another product.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:58 AM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 460 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by cosm3os
I'm glad my reverse psychology worked! Credit card refunded my money and I didn't have to pay to mail back the crap they they charged me to send me to begin with.

Good luck with the new switches. Mine are still better than average so I'll wait for a better solution to come around.
:-)

Mine had been resprayed so were good except the stencil was missing. Nobody would have known except me. But with the MAcarbons my interior now looks like it just left the factory.

Im actually a little bummed. I dont have any more projects. The switches were the first item on my list when I bought the car and ended up being the last to complete.

In the past 9 months I...
- installed Fisters,
- installed Eibachs,
- refinished the calipers,
- refinished the center console,
- installed new stone guards
- dropped the oil pan and cleaned the sump,
- cleaned the wheel wells (thats when I knew things were getting bad),
- refinished the steering wheel trim pieces and leather handbrake,
- dyed the fading carpet under the rear window
- refinished the headlights,
- installed new PS4s,
- installed new air and cabin filters
- installed bluetooth streaming and hands free calling,
- resprayed the front the bumper, installed a new windshield, and installed new foglights (thanks to Geico)
- installed a new sunroof gasket,
- fixed a broken gas cap spring,
- and finally...fixed the AC switches

Except for 2 small scratches on the doors this thing looks and sounds better than new. Might be time to sell it and find another one. Im bored...
Old 11-16-2017, 02:44 AM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 762 Posts

And the clear bra Grant, don't forget the clear bra 8)

Quick Reply: Damned AC buttons-- a fix???